starting strength gym
Page 23 of 173 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373123 ... LastLast

Thread: Granny's Log (deb)

Default Granny

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Seriously begs the question, should I really be DOING this? (I'm really on the struggle bus today w/recovery.) Toying with the idea of taking my grandson for a weightlifting lesson, if his parents let me (they think I'll wreck his growth).
    AND, I'M A GRANNY AGAIN!!!! 7lb14oz granddaughter (unashamed brag while throwing confetti!)[/QUOTE]

Congratulations on the new addition to your family .If feel your constantly under recovered you need to change some thing. You know,amount of lifts and days between training. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by granny View Post
    AND, I'M A GRANNY AGAIN!!!! 7lb14oz granddaughter (unashamed brag while throwing confetti!)
    Crap. Forgot to catch some of your confetti and toss it back! Congrats, what number is she? I have only two and both girls.

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynJerry View Post
    Seriously begs the question, should I really be DOING this? (I'm really on the struggle bus today w/recovery.) Toying with the idea of taking my grandson for a weightlifting lesson, if his parents let me (they think I'll wreck his growth).
    AND, I'M A GRANNY AGAIN!!!! 7lb14oz granddaughter (unashamed brag while throwing confetti!)
    Congratulations on the new addition to your family .If feel your constantly under recovered you need to change some thing. You know,amount of lifts and days between training. Good luck.[/QUOTE]

Not constantly underrecovered, but deadlifts really wipe me out. Used to train w some 70-75%, a lot of 80-85% rAnge work, a little 90% and 100% was only for comps very rare in training; i still made gains. When I stopped with a coach I was drilling technique training at home, had other life things going on and eventually realized I was going backward in the strength dept. We’ll see.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldster View Post
    Crap. Forgot to catch some of your confetti and toss it back! Congrats, what number is she? I have only two and both girls.
    Thanks!! She’s my 3rd, my daughters first; and my son has a boy (6 in May) and a girl (will be 4 in November). All doing well!

C20w2d3 3-25-18 Sunday
    In Florida on vaca at a you fit? I needed to squat too but the only rack was taken.
    ohp light 3’s 80#/3 (5)
    BENCHPRESS HEAVY 3’s 121#/3, 3, 2(son-in-law grabbed third) did 120 last time, will repeat this I guess
    Not heavy feeling really; their bench hooks are like scythes - ? - felt like I lost my scaps lifting out (uh-oh, no push it back, then up and forward - really weird!)
    LAT PULLDOWNS SEATED CABLE ROWS TBAR ROW DB SHRUGS....squat rack still taken, oh well.

3_31_18
    A mile or so walking in 80 degree heat. (It’s snowing again at home tomorrow.)
    And Open Skate today at iceplex w my grandson after the little guys lesson. He wanted to skate w granny. It’s been years; hard to believe now I played at all; i was pleasantly surprised I wasn’t winded or tired (well we werent doing suicides). Regular training resuming next week.

Are you vacationing away from home, granny? Sounds like you're having fun with the young'un's! Take the time to rest and recharge.

Quote Originally Posted by granny View Post
    C20w2d3 3-25-18 Sunday
    In Florida on vaca at a you fit? I needed to squat too but the only rack was taken.
    ohp light 3’s 80#/3 (5)
    BENCHPRESS HEAVY 3’s 121#/3, 3, 2(son-in-law grabbed third) did 120 last time, will repeat this I guess
    Not heavy feeling really; their bench hooks are like scythes - ? - felt like I lost my scaps lifting out (uh-oh, no push it back, then up and forward - really weird!)
    LAT PULLDOWNS SEATED CABLE ROWS TBAR ROW DB SHRUGS....squat rack still taken, oh well.
    If Clearwater is convenient, I can recommend a barbell gym owned by competitive powelifters. I just moved to it a couple of weeks ago. At least 12 squat racks. Gorilla Bench Training Center

Quote Originally Posted by FredT View Post
    If Clearwater is convenient, I can recommend a barbell gym owned by competitive powelifters. I just moved to it a couple of weeks ago. At least 12 squat racks. Gorilla Bench Training Center
    I am going between Deerfield beach/parkland, and Sebastian. Not near but thanks anyway.
    A mile walk on the beach. Jonesing to train.

Broke up a fight this week with two pit bulls and a cat that Made me glad I’ve trained shoulders (straight arm lifted and shook the dog like a post-it before I realized it. Didnt want my grandkids to have to see it but my grandson was watching; poor cat!)

Default 2018

starting strength coach development program
    Back from vaca, the bone in my back that moves, MOVED! I think while carrying 55# dog food that slipped off one shoulder. Go figure! It'll go back it always does, just sucks waiting. Can only do what I can.

4_5_18 Thursday 6, 7, 8
    Lowbar Squat 5x95#, 5x105#, 5x115# (shoulders & back ouchie; need to work on knee slide)
    Benchpress 1 sec Pause 5x90# 5x100# 5x95#
    Press 8x55#, 8X60#, 8X65#