starting strength gym
Page 33 of 173 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383133 ... LastLast

Thread: Granny's Log (deb)

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Never heard the term "Russian baby makers" before but I can guess what you mean. As for the way they Sqt.They must be members of the quarter squat gang on Instagram.
    I can only imagine what it be like with girl that could hip thrust 300lbs for reps.

Looking forward to following your log. If you're not on Instagram yet, you should be, if only to give your grandkids something to brag about with their friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlocity2 View Post
    Looking forward to following your log. If you're not on Instagram yet, you should be, if only to give your grandkids something to brag about with their friends.
    Never thought about it; I have a login; not sure what "being on it" means. I see other people have their lift videos, I wouldn't have anything to put on it, even if I had lifting videos I don't think they'd be helpful to anyone. (I get looked askance at enough in my gym, older woman trying to lift - and all the young dudes).
    I get that WLing thing already w/grandkids, my soon to be 4yo granddaughter outweighs her 6yo brother and loves to be carried all over; her mom told her last week, 'you're lucky granny lifts weights!' And my grandson, 'Granny! I can't believe I picked up that huuuge log!' (it was big for him). I keep trying to get my son to take them to Vero Beach WLing for lessons, can't persuade him.

7_26_18 Thursday
    * DL, better than last time, still didn't bump the weight up bc added a set and would have been too much
    * Pretty SURPRISED that bench was affected by 3s pause for 10s at low weight, had to drop the weight on 1s pause. ??? Maybe going backwards.
    * Front squats: cardio & a back killer after DL - trying to keep back vertical, upper back tight, elbows up, bar back, and re-valsalva (while the bar is just about choking you) just sucks. Embarrassingly low weights too! (whole gym knows granny's a wuss now.) And to think I used to freak when front squat 5's were unusually programmed. I'd rather do 60kg for doubles.
    Deadlift 185x6 @6 190x6 @7 195x6x3 @8
    1s Bench 75x6 @6 80x6 @7 85x6x3 @8
    Front Squat 75x10 @6 85x10 @7 90x9 @8, 85x10 @8
    n
    n
    n
    n
    n
    n

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynJerry View Post
    Never heard the term "Russian baby makers" before but I can guess what you mean. As for the way they Sqt.They must be members of the quarter squat gang on Instagram.
    I can only imagine what it be like with girl that could hip thrust 300lbs for reps.
    Didnt see this before. Should I try it? Its probably already on instagram!!

7_27_18 Friday
    Erg, C2 intervals (8). 20s on/100s off
    8 minutes of rowing w/95#
    8 min of decline ab holds
    6 mins of arms, 45# curls and a little tricep pressdown; the machines are all in use early in the am - guess its the 'train before work' crowd.

So yesterday after training I was just standing there, and my back ‘went out.’ Chiro appt I made 6wks? ago is this pm. My dh said it’s more likely I hit the safety one side due to leg length discrepancy; he said the chiro pulls your heels together to see where to adjust to level you out. I’ll ask the chiro this pm. Dh said ill tighten my back at gym, make for difficult adjustment. I think I’ll be looser. Backs pretty sore, going to gym to squat (or not do squat).

Quote Originally Posted by granny View Post
    So yesterday after training I was just standing there, and my back ‘went out.’ Chiro appt I made 6wks? ago is this pm. My dh said it’s more likely I hit the safety one side due to leg length discrepancy; he said the chiro pulls your heels together to see where to adjust to level you out. I’ll ask the chiro this pm. Dh said ill tighten my back at gym, make for difficult adjustment. I think I’ll be looser. Backs pretty sore, going to gym to squat (or not do squat).
    I audited a seminar at my gym a few months ago, and was surprised to see shims being given to more than one lifter, due to leg length discrepancies. Sometimes I feel like I have one, too, based on how I feel different foot pressure at the bottom of my deadlift.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlocity2 View Post
    I audited a seminar at my gym a few months ago, and was surprised to see shims being given to more than one lifter, due to leg length discrepancies. Sometimes I feel like I have one, too, based on how I feel different foot pressure at the bottom of my deadlift.
    shims? meaning lifts in the shoes? I never heard of that. Ill see what the chiro says.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by granny View Post
    shims? meaning lifts in the shoes? I never heard of that. Ill see what the chiro says.
    Nope. A piece of gym mat.

I believe there is an article on the SS site about leg length discrepancy.