Granny's Log (deb) Granny's Log (deb) - Page 81

starting strength gym
Page 81 of 91 FirstFirst ... 31717980818283 ... LastLast
Results 801 to 810 of 903

Thread: Granny's Log (deb)

  1. #801
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Western NY
    Posts
    2,182

    Default

    • wichita falls texas june seminar date
    • texas starting strength seminar september 2020
    My coach has always had Bench session after Bench session on my program "for gainzzz"

    I'm waiting for them to catch up to me (((kicks dirt)))

  2. #802
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    841

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Browndog View Post
    My coach has always had Bench session after Bench session on my program "for gainzzz"

    I'm waiting for them to catch up to me (((kicks dirt)))
    At first I thought it'd kill me but it seems to be getting easier, I have a much harder time with squat/DL. Who does your programming? Leah Lutz does mine.

  3. #803
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    841

    Default

    WBlock4, W1,D4
    3_15_2020 Sunday
    Again at Old Fcuk's Gym. Not sleeping, coughing congested - a touch of the cold from coworker. Went for groceries yesterday, everything but produce was decimated. I HATE shopping of any kind (go ahead check my chromosomes). And my trip to visit my kids/grandkids is cancelled. Mainly because Level 2 and I'd never forgive myself if I infected my family.
    Using my Texas bar, so nice. Figured out my bench grip this am - can't pin bench here, so pause, probably a bit light.
    Block Pulls 208x4 @6 219x4 @7 231.483x4 @8 219x4x3s
    Pause Bench 88x4 @6 103x4 @7 110x4 @8 103x4x3s
    RDL 103x6 @6 110x6 @7 115x6 @<8 120x6 @8ish
    n
    n
    n
    n
    n
    n
    n
    n

  4. #804
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Western NY
    Posts
    2,182

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by granny View Post
    At first I thought it'd kill me but it seems to be getting easier, I have a much harder time with squat/DL. Who does your programming? Leah Lutz does mine.
    My programming is done by my coach, who is the owner of the gym where I train.

    We've been working together for almost three plus years (my how time flies). We're always making progress, incremental progress. It's just that the Bench is damn stubborn, and I've been a leg dominate athlete all my life so the upper body is, shall we say, a laggard.

    His mantra is: We're building a total. We butted heads a few times while chasing goal of a 500lb pull and a 500kg total due to the known cancer diagnosis, and impending cancer treatments. Ultimately we achieved much of what we were working towards. He learned a lot, as did I. Now we're learning how to manage under less than favorable conditions, and then begin "the comeback".

    I thought about signing on with Austin, but it's enough that he's my PCP at the moment. He and my coach converse from time to time as my treatment and recovery warrants.

    Leah would be fun to work with. I enjoy her style, and she's been a big help to me over the years as well. Interestingly, we always seem to end up on the platform at Raw Natls on the same day, so we get a chance to rub elbows and cheer each other on. She's good people! Hell, everybody over at BBM are good people. I feel like a kid in a divorce with the way the split took place, but that's a story for another day.

  5. #805
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    841

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Browndog View Post
    My programming is done by my coach, who is the owner of the gym where I train.

    We've been working together for almost three plus years (my how time flies). We're always making progress, incremental progress. It's just that the Bench is damn stubborn, and I've been a leg dominate athlete all my life so the upper body is, shall we say, a laggard.

    His mantra is: We're building a total. We butted heads a few times while chasing goal of a 500lb pull and a 500kg total due to the known cancer diagnosis, and impending cancer treatments. Ultimately we achieved much of what we were working towards. He learned a lot, as did I. Now we're learning how to manage under less than favorable conditions, and then begin "the comeback".

    I thought about signing on with Austin, but it's enough that he's my PCP at the moment. He and my coach converse from time to time as my treatment and recovery warrants.

    Leah would be fun to work with. I enjoy her style, and she's been a big help to me over the years as well. Interestingly, we always seem to end up on the platform at Raw Natls on the same day, so we get a chance to rub elbows and cheer each other on. She's good people! Hell, everybody over at BBM are good people. I feel like a kid in a divorce with the way the split took place, but that's a story for another day.
    That's great! I'm not that accomplished a lifter, I do her group. The split. People probably make more of it than the people directly involved; I respect both sides.

  6. #806
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    841

    Default

    WBlock4,W2,D1
    3_17_2020 Tuesday

    Everything felt crap today, stress and also pain from lifting on the concrete. Canned press because the ceilings too low, can do outside in a week or two.
    Squat 185x1 @8 75kgx3x4s
    Press 80x1
    TNG Bench 88x6 95x6 @7 110x6 @8 105x6x3s
    n
    n
    n
    n
    n
    n
    n
    n
    Last edited by granny; 03-18-2020 at 09:07 AM.

  7. #807
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    841

    Default

    WBlock4,W2,D2
    3_19_2020 Thursday
    Didn't sleep well Wed., headache and stuffy nose, lasted throughout the day. Uncertain times, the bar is always there and always true.
    I'm realizing that positioning, getting tight, leg drive & lifting off on my home bench is harder.
    Skipped front squat, will have to see about stall mats with a sheet of plywood over.
    Deadlift 115kgx1 @8.5 102.5kgx3x4s
    Comp Bench 57.22kgx1 @8 54kgx3x3s
    n
    n
    n
    n
    n
    n

  8. #808
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    841

    Default

    WBlock4,W2,D3
    3_21_2020 Saturday
    Better sleep. Better training- lbs. & kgs - the maths!!! Bench: put feet up on it to get an arch before dropping butt.

    Everything's nuts, NJ's governor closed all non-essential retail businesses this afternoon; the girl in ShopRite this am refused to bag my groceries (my reusable bag brought from home). I asked, didn't you JUST touch and scan every single item I'm buying, onto which I might have coughed or sneezed??? (I bagged). And the hoarders and people wearing masks - are they the ones who are sick? I have around 90-100 masks (my husband has a barn full of, well, all kinds of useful things); IDK if I should donate them or start an office cleaning business (it'll be sanitized when you open back up!)

    Its like the fucking twilight zone. Scariest part? Grandchildren growing up in the generation of no logic.

    I love my new laptop, playing with this cool touch bar... sweet!
    Pause Squat 145x3 @7 155x3 @8 165x3 @9ish 72kgx3x2s
    2ct Bench 110x3 @7 115x3 @8 120x3 @9ish 115x3x2s
    WG Bench 88x6 @6 93.5x6 @7 100x6 @8 95x6x2s
    n
    n
    n
    n
    n
    n
    n

  9. #809
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    841

    Default

    WBlock4,W2,D4
    3_22_2020 Sunday
    My granddaughter's 2yo bday. I don't get to see them, trip cancelled. Older folks - small business owners, homeowners, etc...depressing to think about - just like that, what you've worked for just slips away.
    Back pretty toasted today - lower weight on pulls, skipped RDL backoffs. Bench is getting easier?? idk.
    Block Pull 175x5 @6 185x5 @7 197x5 @8 187x5x3s
    Pause Bench 100x5 @6 105x5 @7 110x5 @8 105x5x3s
    RDL 105x8 @6 110x8 @7 120x8 @8
    n
    n
    n
    n
    n
    n

  10. #810
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,931

    Default

    starting strength coach development program
    It sure is a strange time. Watching all those a__holes in Florida makes you wonder what's going to happen when the shit hits the fan!

Page 81 of 91 FirstFirst ... 31717980818283 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •