starting strength gym
Page 19 of 173 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969119 ... LastLast

Thread: Granny's Log (deb)

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    2_24_18
    2 hr massage/chiro, put the rib back messed w me top to tail. tried to squat got to 165/3, my back I can’t get/stay tight. 😒

Yeah, ribs can make lifting difficult. Sorry you're fighting it granny. My turn will be coming up soon.

Default S&M40+?

No idea what is wrong; so tired, back, rib to shoulder sharp pain. IDK what I'm doing. Still congested at night. Went in anyhow.
    C19, W1, D3 2_25_18 Sunday
    OHP Light Triples 80#/3 (5) (why does this always feel sooo good?)
    BENCHPRESS HEAVY 5's 112#/5 (3) PR for three 5s. Liquid chalked a towel for bench slippage ;-).
    Incline Bench 85#/8, 80#/8, 7
    Eh. Im not dead. I hate when this crap happens on Sat. b/c I go when no one's there so I can squat and powerclean in peace, so I can't move it to the next day. I mean, I could, but I'd get kicked out of my gym. Er, THEIR gym. Also I noticed a bunch of different groups on FB RE: SS/BBM/ et al. They oughta name this place Dramarama.
    Last edited by granny; 02-25-2018 at 02:03 PM.

Also I noticed a bunch of different groups on FB RE: SS/BBM/ et al. They oughta name this place Dramarama.[/QUOTE]

I hope you get over all the illness soon, it sure isn't easy to,train when you can't breath and the body pain sure doesn't help.
    I was reading about the supposed riff on this forum today. Seems funny how the subject in a thread takes so many different turns.

C19, W1, D4 2_27_18 Tuesday
    Squat Light Triples 155#/3 (3)
    DEADLIFT HEAVY 5's 215#/5 (3)
    RDL 155#/6 (3)
    DB Shrug 45# each/10 (3)
    This day was better; maybe because that mysterious yellow ball in the sky was back in its spot???
    Last edited by granny; 02-28-2018 at 10:27 AM.

Default S&M40+

Battening down hatches for a Noreaster w/snow. But yay for March! Everything is better in warmer weather now that I'm old(er).
    C19,W2,D1 3_1_18 Thursday
    OHP HEAVY TRIPLES 90#/3, 3, 2 (PR for a triple; not complaining about rushing & not resetting last rep; last year at this time 90# was an impossible dream)
    CGBP 105#/8 (3) Yay! finally got it.
    Triceps LTE 45#/10, 10, 8; Cable Pressdown 60#, 50#, 40#, 30#, 20# all for 10 w/30s rest; then 50#, 40#, 30#, 20# all for 5 w/no rest.

N# = TL / LM
    Last edited by granny; 03-02-2018 at 08:21 AM.

What a great CG bench, grannyDeb. As I always tell everyone, there is no downside to having strong triceps.

That durned giant orb in the sky can have a big impact on our lifting, for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldster View Post
    What a great CG bench, grannyDeb. As I always tell everyone, there is no downside to having strong triceps.
    The better to carry my grandkids😎! My grandson expects me to iceskate with him when I visit; haven’t skated/played in years. Early birth process has begun, I expect to PR my granny status this month 😍

Default S&M40+

C19,W2,D2 3_3_17 Saturday
    BACKSQUAT HEAVY 3's 165#/3 (3) IDK they were way too light. Was as fast as 155#. damn chiro got me secondguessing everything.
    Here I remembered that I left my bumpers home, so no powercleans or rows from the floor. boo!
    Lat Pulldowns 100#/10, 90#/10, 80#/10
    Bent Row 90#/6 (fixed bar, no go)
    Cable Low Row 50#/10, 50#/10, 40#/10 slow and squeezing my back, turned handle underhand
    superset with 40#/12 curls, ouchie.

And, crowded. Clearly I should rotate my days and screw the other members.
    Had a small run-in today; All angled racks were taken; and I saw this guy curling in the gym's only power rack - with look like never used gloves, wrist wraps below the joint w/ loops on his thumbs, and an empty bar. taken off the pins. then he added 2.5# ?
    Me: Hi. Are you going to squat after? I have to squat.
    He said, wait I cant hear. Sets the bar on the pins, Im not squatting, just curling.
    Me: IN the rack???
    He said, well, I can move, if you want. I mean, but Ill have to move the whole bar!
    Me: well, if you can move it; I have to squat.
    Him: I only have 2 more sets
    Me: Ok, that's fine, as long as you're done w/rack after.
    I go get a bar from an empty bench, walk back over to the space behind the racks, pclean it, press it, get it behind my neck, start warmups - squat 5 singles. Press, rack, put it down, wait a minute, do another set.
    Him: I'm done
    I set my stuff next to the rack.
    Him, all agitated: And listen, NEVER interrupt like that again. That's dangerous. You interrupted me, right in the middle of A SET!
    I guess I was an asshole to laugh; im really very careful of not getting in sightlines or making noise or lifting when there's a heavy lift/attempt near me, I could tell this wasnt heavy curls, but who the hell am I to say what's heavy for him.

starting strength coach development program
    You surely have a high degree of temper control.