starting strength gym
Page 82 of 173 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492132 ... LastLast

Thread: Granny's Log (deb)

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynJerry View Post
    It sure is a strange time. Watching all those a__holes in Florida makes you wonder what's going to happen when the shit hits the fan!
    Hence the government mandated shutdowns?? It’s a shame, but I believe in distancing/hygiene efficacy.
    I find the Obamacare insurance companies silence strange. Did you see Rahm emanuel w Martha raddatz this am? He was saying the repubs botched this whole thing and this will never happen again going forward but I didn’t catch what was his (I’m assuming Democratic Party) effective solution?

I don't think he offered any solution, he just was there to bad mouth Trump

I don't think he offered any solution, he just was there to bad mouth Trump

So there's no answer in terms of, if we'd done A.B.C. we'd have had no cases. I'm sure he's knowledgeable about some things, but Trump's the guy that pays "the best" people to know/do the actual work.
    YouTube
    I donated my masks to a hospital today. He gets slammed if he speaks or not, but I wish Trump would shut up about drugs/treatments and let the medical professionals handle it, its confusing enough. And yet, OTOH the other party is scarier. Its like the government is the insane clown posse!

WBlock4,W3,D1
    3_24_2020 Tuesday
    Pandemic hot mess! Guideline compliance is spotty. Everyone wants businesses reopened, few see a connection between guidelines/abating the spread; some say Trump will force everything open in two weeks, so fuck it.
    Cuomo: "NY has the most cases, most urgent need." NJ is right behind. And now they're trying to flee: to LI, to other states - and are being told if you leave you need to quarantine (GL with that).
    Squat: Tweak in my right low back, just like Gold times pad on concrete - squats did not go nice and easy. Ugh. I miss the Retro platforms, will have to see about building something, never realized how much less pain at Retro, never realized this was such an issue, and why my old coach said, set up on your deck if you train at home because, GIVE. old age. ugh.
    Press, SEATED: this is different & my bench is a little high so feet not quite on floor, lowered the weight.
    TNG - I really should be going up a pound or two; getting better arch/tight using the bench to do it.

Stay well!

Squat 180x1 @8 165x3x3s ouch!
    Press 76x1 @8 72x2x3s
    TNG Bench 95x6 @6 105x6 @7 110x6 @8 105x6x2s

3_25_2020 Wednesday Couldn't MOVE today, lot of pain. Lacrosse ball my backside and stretch, soak in the hot tub and some whisky, seems to be much better this am. Maybe I should be stretching more.

Will train later. Got home last night to say, first time I'm unemployed in 43 years - 10 minutes later, get an email: "can you do this job??" That was quick; play-it-by ear basis - if/when everything reopens I assume I'll be back, but maybe not (ditching my expense vs saying you benched Babe Ruth... its not a no brainer there; sound conceited? It IS. Gig economy is attractive to owners). And, I like that I got myself set up at home; work smarter instead of harder, and there's something to be said for sliding across the living room floor Tom Cruise style to my little setup.

I never noticed or heard of any difference being felt between squatting on a platform or concrete. I hope the back gets better quick. Happened to me doing a set of curls last week,WTF!
    As for being unemployed I guess there is a first time for everything.
    My niece just got her dream job 3 weeks ago, a buyer for shops in the airports. They let her go last week, all they were concerned with was getting their laptop back. I hope you do what's best for you

I never noticed or heard of any difference being felt between squatting on a platform or concrete. I hope the back gets better quick. Happened to me doing a set of curls last week,WTF!
    As for being unemployed I guess there is a first time for everything.
    My niece just got her dream job 3 weeks ago, a buyer for shops in the airports. They let her go last week, all they were concerned with was getting their laptop back. I hope you do what's best for you
    probably a combination of that and moving to heavier weights, and not stretching. I mean, is it just coincidence that the 5-6 months on the platform I've had no back issues at all?? IDK. It seems almost gone now, but I'm being CAREFUL* today.
    Sorry about your niece; times of uncertainty. Instead of "don't worry as soon as the economy's moving, we're all back in business" its 'hopefully business will be better - then we can work it out.' I did tickets for Atlantic Health today that I'll have to bill for if I want to get paid, I guess, and tomorrow I'm probably working for my husband, we'll see.
    *a pussy

WBlock4, W3,D2
    3_26_2020 Thursday
    I'm being CAREFUL*. Skipped deadies, did bench (I think I'm getting stronger there? and being too CAREFUL single looked easy on video, downsets felt pretty easy) and *light squats feel ok (HBBS Rx'd, I should have probably lowbarred hmm?). I put the bench on IG (I know, I'm sorry).

*Pussy
    Grateful not to be sick or dead yet, so there's that
    Deadlift Did Not Do
    Comp Bench 127x1 @8 123x2,124x2x2s
    HBBS 57kgx6 @? 60kgx6 @? 65kgx6 @? 60kgx6x2s
    n
    n
    n
    n
    n
    n
    n

starting strength coach development program
    Wblock4,W3,D3
    3_28_2020 Saturday
    Back issue returns today, but better than the day I couldn't move at all. IDK where that leaves me w/deads.
    Pause Squat 140x3 @7 155x3 @8 165x3 @9 158x3x2s
    2ct Bench 110x3 @7 115x3 @8 120x3 @9.5
    WG Bench 88x6 @6 95x6 @7 102x6 @8 96x6x2s
    nnnnnnn