starting strength gym
Page 87 of 173 FirstFirst ... 3777858687888997137 ... LastLast

Thread: Granny's Log (deb)

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Browndog View Post
    Sorry, if that's the case, I'm a dead man. I'm petting every dog I see.

This is madness on an unimaginable scale...
    You find the lockdown madness?

I find the idea of house arrest unwarranted...quarantine, fine.

But I find the claim that dogs and cats are carriers, madness. I believe this particular idea was already floated in the far east, and was repudiated in short order.

Quote Originally Posted by Browndog View Post
    I find the idea of house arrest unwarranted...quarantine, fine.

But I find the claim that dogs and cats are carriers, madness. I believe this particular idea was already floated in the far east, and was repudiated in short order.
    The dr told me it can be like the common cold (you get a cold - you don't consider yourself immune from ever getting a cold, right?). Pets, big cats? IDK. They don't know enough yet; now reports of a Kawasaki like disease in children...
    Here in NJ its like this:
    The great American debate, funny GIFs - Gifvif

Much better training today; I slept fairly well and felt better in general. No back or hip/front pain today. Also deadlifted without lifters.
    DL 110kg/242# @8 110kg/242#x2 @9 105/232#x2x2s
    Comp Bench 126x1 @8 126x2 @9 122x2x2s
    n
    n
    n
    n
    n
    n
    n
    Last edited by granny; 05-01-2020 at 08:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by granny View Post
    The dr told me it can be like the common cold (you get a cold - you don't consider yourself immune from ever getting a cold, right?). Pets, big cats? IDK. They don't know enough yet; now reports of a Kawasaki like disease in children...
    Here in NJ its like this:
    The great American debate, funny GIFs - Gifvif
    Since this virus is in part, a common cold virus, the odds of developing a vaccine are slim to none. The idea being floated about, that we should "shelter inn place" until a vaccine is developed is ludicrous.

Duck season...Wabbit season...

Excellent GIF Deb.

Love Bugs!! ?? We don’t know if we peaked or not here. It’s crazy. Obviously we’re the epicenter. What do people think - mom and teen son walk into dr yesterday, son w mask down around chin. Two others come in, ignore the tape on the floor, go right up to counter, put cells and their hands all over it (mind you place is covered in signs). Social distancing's a joke everywhere, as everyone rationalizes why it doesn’t mean [them/their family] going to [——], it only applies to OTHERS. �� it’s hard to believe we are gonna lock down over every re emergence. I just keep cleaning and washing my hands. ��
    Last edited by granny; 05-01-2020 at 08:14 AM.

WBlock5,W4,D3
    5_2_2020 Saturday
    After Chiro.
    Pause Squat 165x1 @8 160x3 @9 152x3
    TNG Bench 125x1 @8 121x3 @9 115x3x2s
    WG Bench 93x8x2s
    n
    n
    n
    n
    n
    n
    geeze louise.

5_3_2020 Sunday
    Beautiful warm sunny day FINALLY. Skipped today's training to weed short side & front garden; shoveled/hauled/dumped/spread around 3cuyd of wet mulch (one long side garden to go), planted edge flowers, then cut the grass.
    Will probably have some effect on this week's trainings (back to volume work)....
    OTOH it was quicker faster stronger with less trouble than ever this year; I must be getting stronger regardless of maxes; I guess it's a win.
    Best thing this past week - launch of Led Zeppelin Radio on Sirius XM. I'm in heaven.

First heard of and saw Led Zeppelin at Fillmore East when I went to see a show featuring Iron Butterfly. Zeppelin blew Butterfly away.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynJerry View Post
    First heard of and saw Led Zeppelin at Fillmore East when I went to see a show featuring Iron Butterfly. Zeppelin blew Butterfly away.
    Cool beans; I wasn't that lucky.
    Welp, schools won't reopen this year in NJ. IDK, this is crazy, so many losing so much on the basis of no real stats. Golds Gym International (corporate gyms) filed for chapter 11 today.