starting strength gym
Page 96 of 173 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798106146 ... LastLast

Thread: Granny's Log (deb)

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Browndog View Post
    It's a fvcked up world out there.

Thank god my gym owner has official papers from NYS stating that he's allowed to be opened.
    I know I’m not the sharpest knife. Who can explain how it makes sense? Nothing the nj governor does Seems to make sense and he won’t take it on the chin. Idk what creative financing school he went to, he’s now set in motion to raise 10b; there’s a 100b unfunded pension liability hamstringing the state.
    LEAVING WILLOWDALE!!!

Block 3, W2, D3&4 7_25 & 7_26_2020. Got the biggies in Saturday am before Chiro (everything light this week). Supposed to do hams, posterior, lats, shoulders, bi, tris ab accessories yesterday, instead I slung mulch for a few hours (IDC, I'm counting it, pretty good lat/back DOMS). Massive cleanout is the new normal; idk if I'll be able to bring my gym setup with me. I'll be 60 in 24 days... ouch.
    DL 150x6x2s (oop supposed to be x5)
    HBBS 115x6x1s
    Comp Bench 75x6x3s

Of course all that manual labor should count as training.

Block 3, W3, D1 & 2
    Comp Squat 155x4 @7, 133x4x3s fatigued today.
    Spoto Press 90x4x4s @7
    BB Row 85x10x2s @7
    Leg Ext 55x10x3s
    DB Lateral 11'sx10x3s @7
    Front Raise 10sx10x2s @6
    Bi curls+Tri Isohold Kickbacks 45+10s x 10 x 2s

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynJerry View Post
    Of course all that manual labor should count as training.
    Maybe. Maybe not! With the circuits you're doing and other people doing barbell complexes with barski cleans, I still feel like a slacker; I'll get it back, just may be a while with everything that's going on now.

Hi Deb, I saw the comment on my complexes and Barski cleans, and I gotta tell you, I find I have to tread very carefully with that stuff now, due to my age (65) and all of the trouble I've had with various tendons the past two years. I knew I needed to get back to some kind of conditioning after the hike with my son and his oldest boy a few weeks ago. It darn near killed me, and took me a week to recover from. I actually started out as an Olympic lifter in my youth, and Barski's were one of my go-to exercises, but even so, I'm taking my time and progressing VERY SLOWLY! I do love the complex I'm doing though, and the results, as long as I can avoid further injury. Good training to you!

My conditioning sucks...

It is what it is unfortunately. My coach realized this fact, and has thrown in Slow Sled Pushes.

I hate them with the heat of a thousand suns, but they are starting to make a difference.

Getting any type of conditioning work in is hard enough, without beating one's self up for "not doing enough". Yardwork counts...walking the dog counts...if you're not on the couch, it counts.

Quote Originally Posted by fiftyfit View Post
    Hi Deb, I saw the comment on my complexes and Barski cleans, and I gotta tell you, I find I have to tread very carefully with that stuff now, due to my age (65) and all of the trouble I've had with various tendons the past two years. I knew I needed to get back to some kind of conditioning after the hike with my son and his oldest boy a few weeks ago. It darn near killed me, and took me a week to recover from. I actually started out as an Olympic lifter in my youth, and Barski's were one of my go-to exercises, but even so, I'm taking my time and progressing VERY SLOWLY! I do love the complex I'm doing though, and the results, as long as I can avoid further injury. Good training to you!
    TY, and yes, I peeked. Men are just way stronger than women...even older men. I started SS in 2008 > dropped almost immediately for CF 2009 (for the LIFTS, mine at this time were akin to pizza from anywhere but east jersey/NY - slop in a box; should have stuck w/SS and gotten stronger first) > olympic lifting exclusively 2011-2014,15 (SUCH fun lifts).
    For now, a seismic life shift (plan B in progress) has me barely maintaining training and a lot of times it's for my sanity; I do have a rower, but it's hemmed in by packing boxes atm. It'll get better. Good training to you as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Browndog View Post
    My conditioning sucks...

It is what it is unfortunately. My coach realized this fact, and has thrown in Slow Sled Pushes.

I hate them with the heat of a thousand suns, but they are starting to make a difference.

Getting any type of conditioning work in is hard enough, without beating one's self up for "not doing enough". Yardwork counts...walking the dog counts...if you're not on the couch, it counts.
    Progress, that's great! and thank you...

starting strength coach development program
    Coronahair; how do ladies/men deal with this - its so long its getting stuck in my armpits, under my body as I sleep, in my eyes and mouth...I suck at girling/doing hair (its just I HATE it, screwing around with hair).
    Block3, W3, D3 7_30_20
    Forgot how to deadlift. Took @9ing (s/b @8) my top set unnecessarily (technical error - lowering hips, kicking bar forward, looked fast on video - still counts as @9); Downsets were better.
    DL 230x3 @9 205x3x4s
    HBBS 140x4x3s
    Back Raise 5kgx10x3s
    BB Hip Thrust 88x10x2s (awkward, could go heavier but no stable place to lean)
    abs (skipped unilateral it hurts my knees)