starting strength gym
Page 102 of 173 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112152 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 1721

Thread: Granny's Log (deb)

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Browndog View Post
    Try not to let your knees kick back (#dontbeme). There's that section on the "terrible block of wood" in the book...helps to keep you focused on keeping your knees forward as you drahve out of the hole. That way you're going "straight up".

It's something I'm still working on. At lighter weights, I'm much better these days. But once things get "heavy", my default is to get into my hips way too much.
    Thanks for this. I posted a form check on the ss Facebook you can look at if you like; I thought I was doing everything wrong; they’re saying my knees were ok, but get them there right away and keep them OUT on the way back up.( I would get hollered at all the time for shooting hips back when I did Olympic wl ing. Such a no no to lean over bc you can’t rack your cleans.) I think your squats look pretty good; we both are not short and have long legs and for myself my waist is 6” too long - so we will probably never “look” like smaller people. To me it feels like I’m sticking my butt out way too far.
    I’ll just keep working on it. Thank you again.

2nd night no sleep and stressed beyond imagination with covid delaying repairs necessary to getting out of here. The debate - pfff, WHO is the liar?? Why are my investment companies sending me vids on how to protect myself should Biden get elected? UGH. Did the best I could with training, thank goodness, it keeps me from losing my shit.
    B6,W3,D3
    Comp DL 225x1, 190x3x2s
    Comp Bench 105x3x4s
    Bent Row 80x10x2s
    IsoHold Hammer Curls + Kickback10x10x2s
    Press 55x10x2s
    ouch. Should be packing it in next week.

Let's hope you don't need to use the info on those videos

I'll try to train tomorrow. Yesterday, moved 15 packs of siding, did leaves, carried concrete and cinder blocks, sawed and burned stuff. Ouch.
    Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynJerry View Post
    Let's hope you don't need to use the info on those videos
    My fam and friends all say biden by a landslide; I don't like the Orwellian bs going on, and one reason its so hard moving is several friends losing their homes and storing their stuff on our 3 acres... remember that housing thing? obama/biden giving people $250 each, when they were, at the low end, $50k+ in a hole on their homes. And offering "loans" that hurt them even more. I can't even.

B6,W4,D1 Dungeon, on stall mats only. Next comp/LBBS need to try a slightly wider stance, I think.
    Comp Squat 145x2x4s
    Comp Bench 75x3x3s 6
    RDL 120x10x2s 7
    Penday Row 95x10x2s 8
    Leg Extensions 66x10x2s 8

B6,W4,D2 Pulled two tree logs across a couple football fields yesterday; pushed a huge double tool chest. I am really out of shape. My weight this am was 176, 177 - wth??? Last training in this house/state.
    Bench 100x2x6s This was all I had time for.
    I don't understand this new liberal/leftist phenomenon, where people are scolding others to vote as they say you should, otherwise you are a terrible person who infringed upon their rights. I've come across this 3 times now. ??

I lift a day is not as bad thing!
    As far as people go, I don't understand them, wtf do they think.Some but gets killed, steal a washing machine.

Quote Originally Posted by granny View Post
    I don't understand this new liberal/leftist phenomenon, where people are scolding others to vote as they say you should, otherwise you are a terrible person who infringed upon their rights. I've come across this 3 times now. ??
    It's the power of social media. The anonymity allows for people to bully other people who aren't "of the body".

Things that they say on line, they would never say in person... "cause if they did, there would be a throwing of hands!

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynJerry View Post
    I lift a day is not as bad thing!
    As far as people go, I don't understand them, wtf do they think.Some but gets killed, steal a washing machine.
    Yea it’s nutty.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Browndog View Post
    It's the power of social media. The anonymity allows for people to bully other people who aren't "of the body".

Things that they say on line, they would never say in person... "cause if they did, there would be a throwing of hands!
    That was said to me on sm; that if I don’t mind acb I’m against her rights; if I don’t vote Biden/Harris, I’m for taking away lgbtq rights (I’m not lol). Friended the person, she accepted, then unfriended me for, apparently, not agreeing to “vote for her rights”. So much for learning from her.

(I have problems voting either side terrible choices.)