starting strength gym
Page 109 of 173 FirstFirst ... 95999107108109110111119159 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,090 of 1721

Thread: Granny's Log (deb)

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by granny View Post
    Found a nice little gym - w/two bars, but no bench setup except the power rack. One guy squatting 135, second guy DLing 95 or so w/other bar - who finally starts stripping it; so I politely asked for it.

As if I'm a small child: "Are you sure you want it? THIS one weighs 45 pounds!" "Yes, that's fine" - then got stared at warming up w/45's. Squatting guy stripped his bar just as I switched to bench, so golden.

B2,W4,D4
    Deficit DL
    175x5, 185x5, 190x5x3s @8 - a little light
    2ct Bench 75x5, 85x5, 95x5x3s (pretty solid @8, I'm tired from travel)
    Skipped rows/pulldowns/accessories.
    Heh...

This makes me chuckle. Good for you!

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynJerry View Post
    Looks like a good workout. Let them stare. I've been told more than once "sometimes less is best"
    Quote Originally Posted by Browndog View Post
    Heh...
    This makes me chuckle. Good for you!
    I was wearing lifters, IDK what they thought. Less IS more.
    I get the same feeling as I'm called on fakebook by a hs 'friend': moron, brainwashed, kool-aid drinker, and should be ashamed to not be a Democrat.
    *Her* guy Biden runs/WINS on "better pandemic plan" and "mail in voting (where there's no chance of anomalies)" and is now saying nothing can be done for 6 mo./100,000 dead wrt pandemic ; Amazon is dissing employee's MAIL-IN voting on labor unions....but I am the crazy one for thinking they're all full of shit.

I was listening to Howard Stern last week the day after the inauguration, he seemed to feel it was like the second coming of Christ. Everything would be better in a week. Stern sure has given me some laffs over the years, but he can be an a__ hole.

I was listening to Howard Stern last week the day after the inauguration, he seemed to feel it was like the second coming of Christ. Everything would be better in a week. Stern sure has given me some laffs over the years, but he can be an a__ hole.
    I listen to him too sometimes and noticed it too. There are legitimate points on all issues. The news/media post election - everything is different, better, optimistic, we're rescued from the jaws of hell, its all good now! Did you not get your free lollipop, Jer??

I'm not that smart, but if you saw Rand Paul & that little George (sp?) the other day, Paul articulated perfectly my complaint for 3 years. Media telling us what our truths should be. I am watching the money now (google no donations to politicians who voted against election results.) Whole thing is sad. Bought and sad.

This has been true since his early radio work.

However, when he moved out to the Hamptons, he became part of the social structure he used to rail against. His day has come and gone...like Don Imus.

Pretty sure my meniscus is messed up; had what I think's a baker's cyst behind left knee into calf during the 15 day layoff (swollen but slightly), dissipated after 2 days; I realized the last two days off, BOTH knees hurt (surely both meniscus don't go at once? due to cold and lack of training? Tendonitis?) What do?

Resumed training. Left knee is a bit of a problem (intermittent small pain - depends what I'm doing, feels tight behind the knee), right seems better.

B2,W5,D1 2_5_2020
    LBBS
    160x1 @8, 130x5x5s (vid shows favoring right side, didn't HURT to squat and felt better after, looking from side depth=good, filming from behind - borderline; i'ma do what I can without aggravating it. If I need to I'll look into a knee rehab template)
    Press 75x1 @8, 60x5x5s (superset with cgbp - ouch and pump)
    CGBP 65x8 @6, 75x8 @7, 85x8x3s @8 (slight overshoot, I think too much flare as well)

B2,W5, D2 2_6_2020
    DL
    175x6 @6, 185x6 @7, 195x6 @8, 175x6x3s (knocked off a 4th set for knees)
    Comp Bench 75x6@, 85x6@7, 95x6@8, 85x8x4s (overshot @8, closer to 9)
    Leg Press Skipped leg press due to knees.
    Reset on everything but not too bad.

Knee issues are so frustrating. I share your angst.

FWIW, I talked to the guys at Barbell Medicine, as I too, was at my wits end.

Teleconference, which worked OK. Came away with many actionable items.

My kneebola isn't completely gone, but it's much better. I think I'm on the road to recovery using their prescribed list of warm-ups.

It's a little pricey, and isn't covered by insurance, but ultimately worth it if you want some peace of mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Browndog View Post
    Knee issues are so frustrating. I share your angst.

FWIW, I talked to the guys at Barbell Medicine, as I too, was at my wits end.

Teleconference, which worked OK. Came away with many actionable items.

My kneebola isn't completely gone, but it's much better. I think I'm on the road to recovery using their prescribed list of warm-ups.

It's a little pricey, and isn't covered by insurance, but ultimately worth it if you want some peace of mind.
    Thank you! I'm not upset about it; I've had trouble before just not this much; For 5 months, I haven't been doing my usual rehab stuff OR usual training, because I am still 'at large.' It'll either clear up - or not. I HAVE thought about the bbm consult, is that what you did?

Will see how I do this week, then decide (I don't have "insurance" anyway). I thought they had a knee rehab template as well. We shall see!

B2,W5,D3
    3-0-0 LBBS
    95x5 @6, 110x5 @6, 130x5 @7?, 123x5x3s
    TNG Bench 85x5 @6, 95x5 @7, 105x5 @OVERSHOT, 97x5, 95x5x2s
    Incline Bench 65x8x3s (supposed to do DB, all the baby weights were in use).
    Tricep Rope Pushdown+Isohold Hammer Curls 25+15s x3s
    Lat Pulldown 70x10x3s
    Meh!
    • a rib is sticking my left shoulder blade
    • squat, just felt a pulling behind the knee, going into calf. Seemed to feel better with heavier weight.
    • Gave blood Saturday after training, BP was 106/64. Checked it today, 111x69. I guess its ok.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by granny View Post
    Thank you! I'm not upset about it; I've had trouble before just not this much; For 5 months, I haven't been doing my usual rehab stuff OR usual training, because I am still 'at large.' It'll either clear up - or not. I HAVE thought about the bbm consult, is that what you did?

Will see how I do this week, then decide (I don't have "insurance" anyway). I thought they had a knee rehab template as well. We shall see!
    I did a consult with Derek Miles of BBM.

BBM does have a knee rehab template, but I haven't used it.