starting strength gym
Page 117 of 173 FirstFirst ... 1767107115116117118119127167 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,170 of 1721

Thread: Granny's Log (deb)

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Durbin View Post
    Hey Deb, if I’m rd, then my hats off to you. Actually it is whether I am or not.
    I get inspiration from your log, and all those sets and reps.
    Haulin sakrete! Then not skipping your workout.
    That’s the spirit.
    Thank you.

B5,W3,D2
    DL
    175x6 @6, 180x6 @7ish, 190x6x3s @8
    Comp Bench 93x6 @6, 97x6 @7, 101x6x3s @8
    Didn't do pulldowns, machine was in use. Better remembering gaze in DL, better lats but still losing that in later sets when I'm tired.
    Shoulder still bugging seems more like rc.

B5,W3,D3
    HBBS
    122x8 @7, 128x8 @8, 132x8 @8.5, 122x8x2s
    TNG Bench 97x8 @7, 101x8 @8, 105x8 @9, 100x8x2s
    DB Bench 30sx10, 35sx10 ?? I think I'm supposed to be pressing. oop.

B5,W4,D1 Left shoulder was also weird after Thursday; both calmed down with the rest. It's too many reps. I am effing my recovery with hockey playoffs, trouble just recording and not staying up. I also drove 3 hrs yesterday to babysit, we had donuts, I RAN - yes RAN - after my granddaughter, who was scootering, and then we ran home; numerous up and down three flights of stairs, jumping games, who can jump highest, etc. I babysat for my other granddaughter this am (I'm having a great time!!) but was late to gym today.
    LBBS 145x6, 150x6, 155x6, 150x6 (missed last set)
    Press 60x6, 63x6, 65x6x3s all great bar path and no real struggle
    Floor Press 85x10, 90x10, 95x10
    Very weird day, glanced up after first @8 looked like everyone in the room is staring. Shook it off. Do me. Finish the 155, realized next set need to auto regulate down; two actual lifters next to me - one says, you train like a powerlifter are you a powerlifter?? They ARE staring at me; probably my age. At times it sucks to be so old. I also gave up my platform to a guy who I told, I've got two sets, then he left, but came back after one set and took my bar so I missed my last set.
    I'm not sure where to go with programming. I'm at the end of a previously run of training that got my bench up and it is getting there; not sure where to go from here, with good training for old fokkers, I would like to make more gains.

Wow, Deb, the guy took your bar...

Nothing good can come from that unfortunately. I hope you let the miscreant know not to do that again. Some people...***shakin' my head here***

I hope there's another gym in your area that you can train at.

Are you looking to compete at some time down the road. If you are, and you're game, my coach does remote coaching / programming and has a number of "masters" athletes he works with....fwiw.

Quote Originally Posted by Browndog View Post
    Wow, Deb, the guy took your bar...

Nothing good can come from that unfortunately. I hope you let the miscreant know not to do that again. Some people...***shakin' my head here***

I hope there's another gym in your area that you can train at.

Are you looking to compete at some time down the road. If you are, and you're game, my coach does remote coaching / programming and has a number of "masters" athletes he works with....fwiw.
    It wasn't malicious; seemed like extreme ADHD, or stoned exercising. (He "squatted" a set next to me and left for like a 1/2 hour, was jumping rope, then left the room. Next guy comes, sets up for DL. first guy comes back, oh I'm still using it (he wasn't he was on all kinds of other equipment outside the room) does another set of "squats". Dismantles the bar. Goes on to do other things. We are all lifting in there... the guy comes back AGAIN, asks are you done. Then he tried to help me load my bar, but was putting the wrong weights on. I fixed it I did my 2nd set, he comes back again... so I said great fine take it, Im going to press behind you. He loads 135 (third time), does a set of "squats" unloads the bar and walks away. I just was confused by the whole thing.

B5,W4,D2
    DL
    185x6 @6, 195x6 @7, 200x6 @8 (felt easy, looked easy enough on video), 200x3 x2? Video got interrupted twice w/messages, my setup was somehow all wrong, three reps in I couldn't get it right, so cut it.
    Comp Bench 95x6 @6, 100x6 @7, 103.5x6 @8x3s (103.5 bc 105 would be too much)
    Lat Pulldown 80x12x3s

Sorry I could not resist.......A-Lifters-Guide-to-Marijuana.jpg

Hell I am forget full enough as it is...

Quote Originally Posted by Fred J View Post
    Sorry I could not resist.......A-Lifters-Guide-to-Marijuana.jpg

Hell I am forget full enough as it is...
    ROFLMAO!!!

I know most people our age are (to my surprise) doing CBD or smoking this stuff - it didn't do a thing for me in HS, I see no point now.

starting strength coach development program
    Maybe I SHOULD smoke; I'm getting shit for saying masking for a surgery and some of the masking going on now is not the same thing at all; I'm told the entire medical community, nurses, reception, ENT, OB/GYN, CHIRO, Massage, office staff, all wear masks, have ALWAYS been masked, all of them, everyone. I recall the doctor with a little black bag in my childhood - but no masks.
    5/23/21 Sunday Skipped yesterday to go visit the relatives I got the vaccine for!
    30 Minute Row 5000m. Very moderate enough to sweat though.