starting strength gym
Page 135 of 173 FirstFirst ... 3585125133134135136137145 ... LastLast
Results 1,341 to 1,350 of 1721

Thread: Granny's Log (deb)

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Browndog View Post
    I call PR at a lighter weight...absolutely!
    ty

Week 16 Day 3
    Comp DL
    (190) 190x2x4s @7? 6.5? 7, 7.5 Kinda LOL weight, IDK why.
    TNG Bench (110-115) 112x3 @9
    (107.5-112.5) 108x3x3s @8.5, @8, @9 (residual fatigue from maxing, *sigh* still a weakling)
    SSB Squat (130-140) 135x3x2s @8
    DB Laterals (4-6 @8 RPE) 15'sx4x2s @8
    Good Morning (6-8 @2RIR) 80x7x3s @2RIR

Then.... Snatch Practice
    Laugh your butts off; started with pvc and stopped w 15# bodybar bc shoulders are SO sore after this week. It was coming back to me at the end. All the looks; ugh.

Next up - NAP TIME. Next week, deload. Thank goodness I am tired and I've been sleeping 8+ hours most of this week.

Powerclean & Jerk Practice
    Whelp! I'll probably suck at Olympic Weightlifting til I die, but it sure is fun.

Nothing crazy, started with 65, went up to 105. I'm off balance or on my toes or something, I think, timing isn't right. Not enough patience staying over as it got heavier, not quite in my lap, not tight enough to hold a dollar bill between my shoulder blades (or my boobs anymore), rack needs to be tighter, dip's a little bit forward - at the end trying to remember knees out, just bend the knees; and I struggled to land jerks back foot down first (I thought my best jerk was one I shortstepped).

GOOD TIMES!!! IDK why this is so fun, but it is.

And also, trying to explain to men that I don't train my butt because, it's behind me, I can't even see it; and every age guy in there is looking at the young girls doing THEIR butts, not grannies. The guy said, he knows every mirror trick there is (there's always somebody's butt in his face) Probably as it should be.

Glad you're having fun with the Oly work. It's nice to see people happy!

Quote Originally Posted by Browndog View Post
    Glad you're having fun with the Oly work. It's nice to see people happy!
    Saturday early gym's pretty quiet/empty - it's really lovely.
    Once people start coming in - time to take off? We'll see, so far its ok; the gymmate next to me used etiquette (saw that I was going to jerk, stopped/waited rather than going in my vision). Snatch - will probably entail a LOT more misses and falls on my butt, trying not to scare people so much. I don't know if my knees will take full snatch anymore.

C2 Rower
    5.5, 30 minutes, 5060m, 23spm

bw175 on the nose
    Last edited by granny; 10-18-2021 at 08:48 AM.

Debbie Does Deload

Week 17, Day 1
    Comp Squat
    (100-145) 140x3x2s @6
    Press (60-70) 65x3x2s @6*
    Pause BK DL (165-190) 180x2x2s @6
    Legg Press (3-4 RIR) 140x6x3s @4,4,3
    Vup BWx10, x9x2s @3RIR

Had a big baker's cyst behind my right knee, I realized last night, in an epsom salt bath. Stretched and it was quite a bit smaller. ?? Also right hip/low back/leg very sore starting yesterday afternoon. Walking was difficult - training was better than walking.*
    I also hung from the pull-up bars and did a bit of just kipping - and hung on the angled back extension thingy.

Realized my weight was on my toes when it shouldn't have been during pcln&j; probably forward a lot of it, would have to ask a qualified coach. For jerks, need to revisit jerking with toes hanging off a board, or visualize that again I think, IF I can continue.

*price of pcln&j at 61yo
    age is not just a number; you really DO need to be lucky - enough to not have issues w/things beyond your control like, baker's cysts, stenosis, PD/Lyme/cholesterol/BP/Afib, knee problems, et al....

It is 1:21, so a few hours later. The leg/hip hard to walk thing, seems to be gone.
    Last edited by granny; 10-18-2021 at 11:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by granny View Post
    ...at 61yo [/I]
    age is not just a number; you really DO need to be lucky - enough to not have issues w/things beyond your control like, baker's cysts, stenosis, PD/Lyme/cholesterol/BP/Afib, knee problems, et al....
    That's quite a laundry list, but at least 2 are familiar to me.

This golden age thing sure can get dull.My friend Bob 76yo, went for a knee replacement on Oct 14 Came home the same day and said he felt fine,walking with a cane.2 days later he couldn't get out of bed,his other leg hurt.Went to the ER,they admitted him and said it was a blood clot.The had to amputate the previous healthy leg above the knee.WTF!

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynJerry View Post
    This golden age thing sure can get dull.My friend Bob 76yo, went for a knee replacement on Oct 14 Came home the same day and said he felt fine,walking with a cane.2 days later he couldn't get out of bed,his other leg hurt.Went to the ER,they admitted him and said it was a blood clot.The had to amputate the previous healthy leg above the knee.WTF!
    That's a shame!