starting strength gym
Page 140 of 173 FirstFirst ... 4090130138139140141142150 ... LastLast
Results 1,391 to 1,400 of 1721

Thread: Granny's Log (deb)

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    I've got that same thing going on with my right shoulder.

I'm hoping an opening appears on my acupuncturists schedule. He's been able to get some results throwing darts at it.

And yes, pulling up the covers with my right arm in the middle of the night is not enjoyable.

Quote Originally Posted by Browndog View Post
    I've got that same thing going on with my right shoulder.

I'm hoping an opening appears on my acupuncturists schedule. He's been able to get some results throwing darts at it.

And yes, pulling up the covers with my right arm in the middle of the night is not enjoyable.
    You also get referred pain from it? lately my bicep, lower bicep, back of shoulder. Challenges of aging, pretty depressing atm.

B6, W24, D1
    Comp Squat
    (3RM @10)
    175x3 @10 - bw PR, bc, FUCK GRAVITY
    140x3x2s @7
    Press (70) 70x3x2s @7.5?
    Pause BK DL (190-200) 195x2x2s @7.5
    Leg Extensions (3s x10-12 @2RIR - leg press taken) 40x12 @4 RIR, 55x10x2s @2RIR (hurts my left knee)
    V-Up 10# (5 at feet, 5 in hand) x10x3s @2RIR
    BW 175
    This weekend at the week end checkin I told the app the workouts could be easier bc I am too fatigued. We'll see what happens.
    My shoulder felt ok with press, still wonky though.

Quote Originally Posted by granny View Post
    You also get referred pain from it? lately my bicep, lower bicep, back of shoulder. Challenges of aging, pretty depressing atm.
    No, nothing more than the front of the shoulder girdle. I've got an appointment for acupuncture tomorrow at 12:30. I'm sure that in addition to my shoulder, he's gonna turn me into a human pincushion: QL on my left side, lower left leg below knee, and a strain I picked up tonight in my right forearm doing Kroc Rows (it was my bracing arm, not the active arm). I swear I feel fine otherwise...lol.

B6, W24, D2
    Comp Bench
    (set a 3RM) warmup felt pretty good, 45x5, 45x5, 75x5, 85x3, 95, 105
    115 x1 nope. Could feel my shoulder. Probably will be sore after this. App gave me 3 AMRAP reverse band bench sets. I only did 95x8, x7 no bands. Will have to lower the weight next time maybe.
    Comp Squat (technique) 135x34x2s @6.5
    Straight Arm Lat Pulldown (2RIR) 30x8, 35x8, 35x8 @3,3,2RIR may have to rethink that one just try pullups
    DB Arnold Press (2RIR) 15sx10x3s @3? 4? RIR (shoulder was feeling it stayed light)
    Reverse Grip Tricep Pushdown 30x10 @4RIR, 35x10x2s @2RIR
    superset w
    Iso Hold Hammer Curls 15'sx10x3s @2RIR
    probably will do some hanging later. A gym acquaintance said be grateful I can do anything in a gym.

I guess.

Shoulder is not that bad at all; probably should not have paused every rep of those 95# amraps. Maybe I’ll order a bench block.
    Last edited by granny; 12-10-2021 at 04:30 PM.

Dog walk. Woo!

It's 80° here; Doesn't seem Christmas-y at all. Brown leaves are all over my lawn, yet the one oak tree is - green; EVERYTHING is green; grass is starting to go dormant now that it's dry season, I won't force it into season by watering though.

29 days out from final test day, IF I make it.

Deload week...probably work out well with family obligations, spend some time with my granddaughter.

My left knee/ITB needed rolling from those squats, my low back still gives me issues, my right shoulder and the whole area needs massage/trigger pointing bc of compensation for the shoulder.

I have no idea where I'm going from here, I only know to keep going; if I continue with what I'm doing now, I'm going to set a test after a few months, not half a year.

One gymmate sends/tags me in 70yo women doing MUCH more weight, says age is just a number (outliers? they are mostly teeny tiny women, IDK what is up with the rest of their lives, which seems important if we are making comparisons).

Another gym mate told me he is on T, and that I should be on testosterone - also that I should eat toward looking good (like I lift) since I'm 'already doing the work'...
    I don't eat that terribly, kept my weight same through this whole 6 months... do men even know?? I think it's part of menopause; from a distance you might look, well, ok, but up close the crepe-y skin, the meno-sag, all that becomes apparent - I think if I lost 15-20# I'll have a lot of loose skin hanging.

B6, W24, D3
    DL
    (200) 200x2x4s @7RPE
    TNG Bench wu to 110, no. Rehab - 80x4, 75x4x4s (spoto)
    SSB Squat (125-135) 130x3x2s @7,7.5RPE
    Back Raise (8-10 2RIR) 20#x9 x9 x8 @2RIR
    Left knee, idk. Dallas Dak Elliot Cooper, watching my points go backward; dynasty league so I'm probably stuck with these jokers - plus some lady in Walmart convinced me not to play Dallas D/ST (bc jets) so I put in NO. M Williams is in, he only gets 50pts on my bench. Loser, I'm such a loser.

Dog walk.

Also went through boxes and moving stuff, found my cookie recipe book from 1984 (I should know the 1 recipe I use by heart)... and PPS second edition!! Bbrx I can't find.

Struggling w/left hip, maybe piriformis syndrome but probably simply arthritis. Yup. Menopause sucks; saw a post today from a 20yo - was told by an "old person in their 40's" (40's is a baby)... that lifting too heavy all the time maxing you'll have aches and pains when you're older, and how that's horseshit, that's not true at all. Apparently I'm not a member of the no aches/pains/issues club, go figure!

allen 72 pts yesterday, wth crazy game; if I'd've played Dallas D/ST and Brandin Cooks I'dve won. 7 points out of Christian Kirk tonite and I lose.
    Last edited by granny; 12-13-2021 at 09:58 AM.

B6, W25, D1
    Comp Squat
    140x3x2s @6
    Press 65x3x2s @6
    Pause BK DL 175x3x2s @6
    Leg Press 110x8x3s @6
    GHR Situps 20 reps

starting strength coach development program
    Seem to have fixed that "something is caught at my hip" thing during last gym session... Stood sideways in this thing and stretched each side (ouch!)
    Hip has been much better since.

My knees do not like stairs, I'm having another episode of the lumps behind my knee, right is ok now but the left is not. So close to throwing the towel in.

May skip the rest of this week, out of town due to birth of a new grandson.