Results 1,411 to 1,420 of 1721

Thread: Granny's Log (deb)

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Week 27 Final Phase D1
    Comp Squat
    (190-195) 192xF
    screwed this up, because my brain is dumb; first, I hit photo instead of video (didn't get vid of the most important fail), I know I descended waaay too slowly, glanced up into mirror - all the guys behind me looked like they're watching! Focus or f-ckus.
    187x1 @9, 9.5? (was fine; would have had the 192 - its on IG)
    4@160x1 @8.5? singles.
    DB laterals 10'sx6 x3s @7.5 (no 12's)
    Bent Rows (7-8 RPE) 75x8x2s @7 RPE
    Leg Press (2RIR) 150x7x3s @2RIR
    Vup 5# x103s @2RIR (home with no 5# shoes)
    BW175. Ugh. I ate a shitload of cookies (at least 3-4 each day) and smoked prime rib and last night, ice cream plus two small snack bags of chips. Right shoulder has been bugging again.

Could also be just stress; my son is in the hospital w/wife in labor this am.

Christmas cookies washed down with a big glass of milk...mmmmm good for PR's.

I thought 187 looked better than a 9 to be honest. Maybe a little too deep, but you can see the strength is there.

Interesting comment regarding speed of descent, I've taken to descending a whole lot quicker than I have in the past, and I think I'm better for it.
    Of course, being pain free allows for a better / freer descent. I'm not dive bombing my Squats, but I am actively reminding myself to drop into the hole.

Quote Originally Posted by Browndog View Post
    I thought 187 looked better than a 9 to be honest. Maybe a little too deep, but you can see the strength is there.

Interesting comment regarding speed of descent, I've taken to descending a whole lot quicker than I have in the past, and I think I'm better for it.
    Of course, being pain free allows for a better / freer descent. I'm not dive bombing my Squats, but I am actively reminding myself to drop into the hole.
    Speed kills! The bounce is quite helpful.

I had the 192; too slow down in trying to stay tight backed - sometimes I wish I was short it’s so easy for them - the cable stations spans the mirror I face; I STILL would’ve had it if every guy on every station on that thing wasn’t facing me. Maybe a fluke, maybe I’m paranoid; ?? People have said outside gym “I KNOW you, my friend has shown me vid of you training”…I SEE people hands on hips, counting my weight just blank faced; the gym people don’t root for me though. Prob I should be the example. I look in mirror at a spot on floor between legs equal to 5’ in front of me usually; I need to avoid LOOKING in the mirror. Duh.
    I have two sessions (bench dl) and the rest of this and next week is trying to mitigate fatigue before training culminates in heavy singles - so, wanted to end on a good note not destroy myself.
    I guess 187 is a bw pr - stubbornly stuck at 175 this whole 6 months. I guess a bridge block after this ends.

Another grandson born last night. !!! <3

Quote Originally Posted by granny View Post
    Congrats!!

Congratulations on the new addition. Good luck to all.

Great news!

Quote Originally Posted by granny View Post
    Speed kills! The bounce is quite helpful.

I had the 192; too slow down in trying to stay tight backed - sometimes I wish I was short it’s so easy for them - the cable stations spans the mirror I face; I STILL would’ve had it if every guy on every station on that thing wasn’t facing me. Maybe a fluke, maybe I’m paranoid; ?? People have said outside gym “I KNOW you, my friend has shown me vid of you training”…I SEE people hands on hips, counting my weight just blank faced; the gym people don’t root for me though. Prob I should be the example. I look in mirror at a spot on floor between legs equal to 5’ in front of me usually; I need to avoid LOOKING in the mirror. Duh.
    I have two sessions (bench dl) and the rest of this and next week is trying to mitigate fatigue before training culminates in heavy singles - so, wanted to end on a good note not destroy myself.
    I guess 187 is a bw pr - stubbornly stuck at 175 this whole 6 months. I guess a bridge block after this ends.

Congrats on the new arrival!

Tall people problems on the Squat, I can relate.

Congratulations! Grandchildren are the Best!!

starting strength coach development program
    Congratulations on the new grandson!

We're watching my son & wife, as we suspect that they'll start trying this coming year. But we received great news on Christmas Day that our niece and her husband are expecting their first, so that's almost as good.

Go spoil the heck out of them!!!