starting strength gym
Page 169 of 173 FirstFirst ... 69119159167168169170171 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,690 of 1721

Thread: Granny's Log (deb)

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    If you feel run down, you may be doing to much
    I've been reading stuff by Drew Baye High Intensity Training. Seems to make sense especially for me as an old man.He says If you don't recover you won't get stringer.
    As for the lady in the video think genetics.

There's no way I could recover from the amount of volume you do Deb.

Quote Originally Posted by Meshuggah View Post

It does not sound like you are alone.

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynJerry View Post
    If you feel run down, you may be doing to much
    I've been reading stuff by Drew Baye High Intensity Training. Seems to make sense especially for me as an old man.He says If you don't recover you won't get stringer.
    As for the lady in the video think genetics.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred J View Post
    It does not sound like you are alone.
    At first I thought this would be easy; it's not always. Still like the job. Maybe because I'm not the manager.

Intrinsically motivated. Is that just selfishness? Is it extrinsic motivation just internalized to become intrinsic as a child (taught by your parents/grandparents?) Jerry, Greg Everett had a post from his "tough" book about that, hard work etc. (this is all before coffee so forgive me).

And why are some people manipulative, gaslighting, unabashedly exploitive of others and lazy to the core, yet consider themselves the cream of the crop? Where would you learn something like that??? Reminds me of my ex *shudder*.

So, two days ago before I was an hour into work, I'd already done 60 lifts. Trained the next day anyway.
    Skipped Day 3
    Miniblock 3 Day 4 HYPERTROPHY 12_1_22
    SSB Squat
    6rm
    130x6
    110x6
    105x6
    Military Press 50x6x4s
    50x6x4sl @7? 6.5? Too light but then last night after the next day's work, probably a good call in terms of pain.
    Seated Row 10-12x3s @2RIR w/a squeeze
    80x10x3s @2RIR
    DB Laterals 0-12x3s
    10'sx10x3s @3, @2RIR with a hold and squeeze concentrating on elbows up
    Triceps
    3 giant set of 30#x10 skullcrushers + 20# Overhead rope ext x10 + 20# press downs by 10
    Skipped bi's due to forearm pull/issue.

Musk! and Twitter. It's not going to be addressed, whatever brainwashing won't be reversed, no apology or explanation will be forthcoming from either side, and it'll always be a nonsensical justification by the left (did zuck HAVE to comply with the FBI??) STILL nothing can be discussed because perceptions of "sides".

I worry that the consequences of collusion by twitter/big tech/political parties/govt agencies to gaslight, lie by omission, suppress information, not to mention smear other countries, in order to swing power and an election a certain way will be far reaching and long lasting. The Beatles - Come Together - YouTube
    The liberals in my life say, "proof? People need to question everything and do their own research". I ask, how can you make a judgement based on research and critical thinking when you are gaslit, lied to, and critical information is suppressed? "all that laptop is a lie from Giuliani and Bannon." How would you ever know you have all the info? So much corruption. I just, I give up.

It's time for a national divorce. The mentally ill Libtards get their half of the country, conservative patriotic Americans get our half.

It's time for a national divorce. The mentally ill Libtards get their half of the country, conservative patriotic Americans get our half.
    That will never work; you couldn't even discuss it.

I'm getting seriously annoyed with 40-50 something's sending me anomalies and saying "age is just a number".
    71yo guy
    sq 419
    bench 231
    DL 496

So - why aren't all you older guys on here doing it?? Its just a number, right??
    wth? You need to be very very very lucky.

Skipped Day 5. Now fighting a head cold, wth.
    Miniblock 3 - Day 6 HYPERTROPHY 12_4_22
    Spoto Press 8rm
    95x7 should have gone for the 8, something a good training partner would notice.
    85x8
    80x8x2s
    Lat Pulldowns w/small pause and squeeze
    70x17
    70x15
    70x17
    Press yeah not today
    45#x5x2s
    Tricep combination; skipped biceps

Fought the cold all week, still worked, but skipped deload work. Will try to get back to it this week, I'm a little better.
    The home page with the hormones. So all these old ladies doing so well, they ARE on HRT?? And I thought HRT causes cancer.
    whatever.

starting strength coach development program
    🤷🏼‍♀️ Was sick, was busy finally got back to gym Monday, didn't do a lot. I may go to get my hormones checked, had another 50-60 lift day Tuesday, and have struggled the last few days with severe hamstring DOMS, trouble sleeping, everything on me hurts things that have nothing to do with training; got home today, hips legs hams pelvis everything on me, wth? Due to training or being sick? And taking 3-4 Advils at a time that do not help that much. I really miss having a hot tub, tried to loosen up quads/hip flexors the other evening.
    12_19_22 W6_D1
    LBBS
    subbed for SSBs; was supposed to do 8x140-145 and 4-5 downsets.
    warmups wth?
    125x3 @KNEES SCREAMING; app said done
    Leg Press 10-12x3s 2-3RIR
    110x10x3s @2RIR
    DB RDLS 10-12x3s 2-3RIR
    40sx10x3s @2RIR
    Front Plank
    ugh. Disappointing to say the least.
    If I continue, I'll just have to claw my way back.

Happy Holidays to All.