Quest For Strength Quest For Strength - Page 25

starting strength gym
Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15232425
Results 241 to 250 of 250

Thread: Quest For Strength

  1. #241
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    WV
    Posts
    377

    Default

    • texas starting strength seminar september 2020
    • wichita falls texas december seminar 2020
    5/13/2020 Wednesday (Post Quarantine LP Light Day)

    It's kind of ironic that I am doing the heaviest lift on "light day" I still have a hard time with the deadlift in the morning but it will have to do for now. For some reason I seem to have quite a bit more strength for the lift later in the day.

    Never got around to fixing the pulleys on my cable system so bands were used for triceps.

    Round 1, Warmup
    KB Press 35X15 L&R
    KB Swing 50X10
    DB Curls 42.5X8 L&R
    KB Swing 50X10
    Triceps Band 30X10 L&R
    KB Swing 50X10

    Round 2
    KB Press 55X9 L&R
    KB Swing 70X10
    DB Curls 42.5X8 L&R
    KB Swing 70X10
    Triceps Band 30X10 L&R
    KB Swing 70X10

    Round 3
    KB Press 55X8 L&R
    KB Swing 105X10
    DB Curls 42.5X8 L&R
    KB Swing 105X10
    Triceps Band 30X10 L&R
    KB Swing 105X10

    Deadlift 135X5, 225X5, 330X5

  2. #242
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    873

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ken_L View Post
    5/13/2020 Wednesday (Post Quarantine LP Light Day)
    POST quarantine?? POST? You're done with quarantine?
    Nice work in here regardless.

  3. #243
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    WV
    Posts
    377

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by granny View Post
    POST quarantine?? POST? You're done with quarantine?
    Nice work in here regardless.
    Thanks,
    Yes, I am finished with quarantine. My whole workplace was shut down for 2 weeks just to be safe. It is a college, we have quite a few people here that are in the high risk category. All classes are being done online so education was not affected. I had fun with kettlebell workouts during quarantine and decided to keep doing them on a light day. They help with cardio and recovery without adding too much stress. Monday and Friday are standard workouts. After the LP the program will look like an H/L/M but with KB's for light day.

  4. #244
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    873

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ken_L View Post
    Thanks,
    Yes, I am finished with quarantine. My whole workplace was shut down for 2 weeks just to be safe. It is a college, we have quite a few people here that are in the high risk category. All classes are being done online so education was not affected. I had fun with kettlebell workouts during quarantine and decided to keep doing them on a light day. They help with cardio and recovery without adding too much stress. Monday and Friday are standard workouts. After the LP the program will look like an H/L/M but with KB's for light day.
    I don't know where you are, I am in NJ - still kind of a hot mess here; we are still shut down, since March 23rd. Yesterday a state EO was signed to permit "Resumption of Non-Essential Construction, Curbside Pickup at Non-Essential Retail Businesses, and Gatherings in Cars" effective the 18th. Businesses, they're already saying they won't take back their full time staff because, reduced workload. So still uncertainty. I guess it's reasonable to change things up a bit, workout-wise.

  5. #245
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    WV
    Posts
    377

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by granny View Post
    I don't know where you are, I am in NJ - still kind of a hot mess here; we are still shut down, since March 23rd. Yesterday a state EO was signed to permit "Resumption of Non-Essential Construction, Curbside Pickup at Non-Essential Retail Businesses, and Gatherings in Cars" effective the 18th. Businesses, they're already saying they won't take back their full time staff because, reduced workload. So still uncertainty. I guess it's reasonable to change things up a bit, workout-wise.


    I am located in West Virginia but moved here from Cream Ridge, New Jersey in 2008 off of 7A. We are open for business as usual here. Fortunately we don't have many cases in the state.

    I am going to outline my new program here before listing todays workout. It is an H/L/M varient that uses kettlebells on the light day.

    Monday Heavy Day
    Squat
    Bench
    One Arm DB Row

    Wednesday Light Day
    3 rounds of HIIT training with kettlebells. Shoulder press is done in these rounds using kettlebells.
    Deadlift
    Pushing a sled in the driveway for additional cardio.

    Friday Medium Day
    Squat
    Bench
    Chinups

  6. #246
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    WV
    Posts
    377

    Default

    5/15/2020 Friday (Post Quarantine LP)

    Today was a great day! All lifts went nice and smooth with no grinding. It was a fun morning. Can someone explain this? Squats, as usual started off terrible during warm-ups. It is not until 185 is reached that they feel good. Actually 185 feels lighter then just the bar when I first start!

    Squat 300X5X3
    Bench 215X5X3
    Chins BW X15X2 Bodyweight=225

  7. #247
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    WV
    Posts
    377

    Default

    5/18/2020 Monday (Post Quarantine LP)

    This morning was a bit rough. Saturday was the first day of the year that I worked outside for 12 hours straight in the heat (yard work and building chicken coop). I stayed well hydrated but that wasn't enough. We went from snow flurries to mid 80's in just a few days so no chance to acclimate! My sodium levels are always low on blood tests. When working outside in the heat I feel drained after a few hours. Usually I keep a bag of salted pretzels with me and that does the trick. As long as enough salt is consumed my energy stays high. It was Sunday night before I felt decent again. I didn't expect much this morning but still did alright except for bench, definitely not fully recovered.

    Squat 305X5X3
    Bench 216X5,4,4
    One Arm DB Row 150X8 L&R

  8. #248
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    WV
    Posts
    377

    Default

    5/20/2020 Wednesday (Post Quarantine LP, Light Day)

    Added either a rep or more weight to all exercises today.

    Round 1, Warmup
    KB Press 35X15 L&R
    KB Swing 50X11
    DB Curls 42.5X9 L&R
    KB Swing 50X11
    Triceps Band 30X10 L&R
    KB Swing 50X11

    Round 2
    KB Press 55X10 L&R
    KB Swing 70X11
    DB Curls 42.5X9 L&R
    KB Swing 70X11
    Triceps Band 30X10 L&R
    KB Swing 70X11

    Round 3
    KB Press 55X9 L&R
    KB Swing 105X11
    DB Curls 42.5X9 L&R
    KB Swing 105X11
    Triceps Band 30X10 L&R
    KB Swing 105X11

    Deadlift 135X5, 225X5, 335X5

  9. #249
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    WV
    Posts
    377

    Default

    5/22/2020 Friday (Post Quarantine LP)

    Ran out of time for chins. My wife needed help so I did the second set without adequate rest.

    Squat 310X5X3
    Bench 216X5X3
    Chins BW X16,12

  10. #250
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    WV
    Posts
    377

    Default

    starting strength coach development program
    5/25/2020 Monday (Post Quarantine LP)

    Today was the inevitable fail! The prescribed number of reps for the day could not be completed. The end of my post quarantine LP has been reached. I no longer can recover by Monday from Friday's heavy session. It is time to move from LP to HLM. Friday's will now have a medium squat and either a medium bench or an alternate exercise. I may opt for the alternate for a week or 2 because my shoulders are feeling a bit beat up, no pain just beat up.

    Current stats: Height 6' (barefoot), Age 52, Weight 225 lbs.

    Squat 315X3X3 should have been 3 sets of 5.
    Bench 217X4X4 should have gotten 5 reps on at least 1 of the sets.
    One Arm DB Row 150X8 L&R should have done 9 with each arm.

Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15232425

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •