starting strength gym

Thread: Gadsie's shoulder injury log

Default Gadsie's shoulder injury log

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    I have made one or two threads in the injury section, but it does not seem to be appreciated very much (understandably)

I hope it is okay that I write an update here every now and then, it may help me clear my mind a little bit, and makes the journey feel a bit less lonely I guess.

Short summary:
    - Started SS when I was 14, 24 now
    - Started having some very minor shoulder issues about 5 years ago, but only occasionally
    - Unusual clicking/instability started about 2 years ago
    - A few months ago, experienced sharp bilateral posterior shoulder pain after doing chinups, cleared after a few days.
    - Laid off the barbell out of fear of doing additional damage
    - 2 days ago I did some bodyweight pushups, that night started to experience severe deep left shoulder pain, about 7-8/10, could not sleep because of it.
    - Pain has decreased somewhat, but still a solid 6-7/10 now.
    - Never played any sport
    Wednesday I have the first appointment at the orthopedist. I will be requesting an MR arthrogram then, probably have to wait about 2 weeks for the MRA, then another 1-2 weeks for the result.

I suspect a bilateral SLAP tear at the very least, although that is if I'm lucky, they rarely occur in isolation in the chronic setting so there will most likely be additional shoulder pathology. Hoping for no arthritis.
    Will be posting the results of the MRI, surgery, rehab etc. here.
    Last edited by gadsie; 01-09-2022 at 08:45 AM.