The Log of Conjugate PR's The Log of Conjugate PR's - Page 15

starting strength gym
Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 191

Thread: The Log of Conjugate PR's

  1. #141
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    The Strength Lab
    Posts
    7,490

    Default

    • wichita falls texas march seminar date
    • woodmere new york april seminar date
    Saturday 11-2-19 / Weight 198 / Garage Temp 50

    Conventional Deadlift (No Belt or Straps)

    1X8 @ 135
    1X6 @ 225
    2X4 @ 315

    Barbell Incline Press (Low Incline(5"), 22" Grip)

    1X8 @ 95
    1X6 @ 115
    2X5 @ 145

    Music: Nile - Vile Nilotic Rites

    * Bad day. I've been fighting the crud and had a bout of severe dizziness. I had to stop and lay down in bed for several hours.
    ** The bad part is that my Swing Streak has come to an end. I have done at least 60 Swings everyday since mid August of 2018.

  2. #142
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,744

    Default

    Some thing is going around in the air here too. Feel better soon.
    What do you think about doing partials in the rack? I downloaded a program and am going to try it out for a while.

  3. #143
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    The Strength Lab
    Posts
    7,490

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynJerry View Post
    Some thing is going around in the air here too. Feel better soon.
    What do you think about doing partials in the rack? I downloaded a program and am going to try it out for a while.
    I'm not sure if it's a bug or blood sugar issues. I think partials can be great, look up Power Factor Training. I have the book.

    *************************************************

    Sunday 11-3-19 / Walk - Outside / Indoors - Everything Else

    1 Mile Walk @ Casual Pace

    Monster Walks & Sumo Walks - W/Blue Hip Circle

    Ab Wheel - 1X20

    One Arm K-Bell Swing

    1X60 @ 35 (Hand Switch Every 10 Reps)

    Music: Paul McCartney & Wings - Band on the Run (1973)

    * Still having bouts of dizziness, but did a little something

  4. #144
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Murphysboro, IL
    Posts
    29,222

    Default

    The bug is particularly prevalent this year. I blame the Chinese and suspect it is their revenge for the tough trade talks.

    As for Power Factor training, I'd advise to beware of going too far with the limited range of motion to very small increments of movement. At least the book I had in the 90's ballyhooed the stuff a little too far. I tried it and had no success with it. But then YMMV.

  5. #145
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,744

    Default

    I did some research on the Power Factor Trauning method. Seems there are lots of differing opinions on it, just like there are for SS, HIT, Super Slow, Westside. I'll see how it goes.

  6. #146
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    The Strength Lab
    Posts
    7,490

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark E. Hurling View Post
    The bug is particularly prevalent this year. I blame the Chinese and suspect it is their revenge for the tough trade talks.

    As for Power Factor training, I'd advise to beware of going too far with the limited range of motion to very small increments of movement. At least the book I had in the 90's ballyhooed the stuff a little too far. I tried it and had no success with it. But then YMMV.
    I agree on both points.

    Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynJerry View Post
    I did some research on the Power Factor Trauning method. Seems there are lots of differing opinions on it, just like there are for SS, HIT, Super Slow, Westside. I'll see how it goes.
    Yep, the only "Secret" to it all is hard work and consistency. Tread carefully with heavy partials.

    **********************

    Monday 11-4-19 / Indoors

    Double Kettlebell Armor Building Complex:

    2 Double Cleans
    1 Double Press
    3 Double Front Squats

    (2 Minutes Between Rounds)

    2 Rounds @ 44's
    4 Rounds @ 53's
    2 Round @ 44's

    Lying Leg Raise - 1X25

    Music: TOOL - Ænima

    * The mystery dizziness was gone today.
    Last edited by Meshuggah; 11-04-2019 at 06:40 PM.

  7. #147
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    The Strength Lab
    Posts
    7,490

    Default

    Tuesday 11-5-19 / Indoors

    Monster Walks & Sumo Walks - W/Blue Hip Circle

    Ab Wheel - 1X15

    One Arm K-Bell Swing

    1X60 @ 35 (Hand Switch Every 10 Reps)

    Music: Motley Crue - Dr. Feelgood

    * Long 12 hour work shift today

  8. #148
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    The Strength Lab
    Posts
    7,490

    Default

    Wednesday 11-6-19

    Conventional Deadlift (No Belt or Straps)

    2X5 @ 225

    Lying Leg Raise - 1X20

    Single K-Bell Snatch

    1X40 @ 35 (Hand Switch Every 10 Reps)

    Music: TOOL - Fear Inoculum

  9. #149
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    The Strength Lab
    Posts
    7,490

    Default

    Thursday 11-7-19 / Indoors

    Double Kettlebell Armor Building Complex:

    2 Double Cleans +
    1 Double Press +
    3 Double Front Squats = 1Round

    (1 Minute Between Rounds)

    12 Rounds @ 35's

    Ab Wheel - 1X20

    Music: Judas Priest - Sad Wings of Destiny

  10. #150
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    The Strength Lab
    Posts
    7,490

    Default

    starting strength coach development program
    Friday 11-8-19 / Indoors

    Monster Walks & Sumo Walks - W/Blue Hip Circle

    Double Kettlebell Snatch

    2X10 @ 35's

    Lying Leg Raise - 1X20

    Music: Led Zeppelin - IV (48 years old today. Man I'm getting old)

Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •