starting strength gym
Page 2 of 179 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: The Log of Conjugate PR's

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    It's not bad to still make PRs after such a long training history. And I had to laugh about the double chest cramp. On the first attempt, the bar looked glued to the floor. I guess it says something about how important willpower is in 1RM deadlifts. I hope to train with my son too when that time comes, but that's many years down the road.

Quote Originally Posted by Espen Lund View Post
    It's not bad to still make PRs after such a long training history. And I had to laugh about the double chest cramp. On the first attempt, the bar looked glued to the floor. I guess it says something about how important willpower is in 1RM deadlifts. I hope to train with my son too when that time comes, but that's many years down the road.
    I know that with proper training there are still plenty of PR's in my future, barring injuries of course.

Yes, those chest cramps are murder! That is my oldest son, he has great mental toughness.

Stay Strong!

Thumbs up Kettlebells are an Amazing Training Tool

My fellow lifters, today I would like to share with you one of the finest Squat & Deadlift Assistance Exercise that I have ever found.
    I'm talking about the 2 Hand Kettlebell Swing. The hip hinge motion targets the muscles in a way that cannot be duplicated by anything else.
    The 2 Hand Kettlebell Swing is also one of the finest Conditioning Exercises, and you can do them right in your own living room if needed.
    Andy Bolton (the most prolific Deadlifter in history) and many other top lifters incorporate Kettlebells into their training.

Kettlebells and Deadlifting: A Match Made in Heaven? | StrongFirst

The KB Swing is a fine exersice. It's been a while since I have done them and I need to start working them in with my conditioning work, which is another thing that rubbs people the wrong way here, but conditioning is an important part of overall health. I found that it is best to do the swings either when finnished with lifting or when there is a day or two of rest before the next squatting session. Work into them slowly or you will be doing the chicken walk for a few days haha! The last time I did them I was using two 50 pound kettle bells. Probably should invest in 70's next. Always buy them in pairs. Mine were from Wallmart Online and were not expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken_L View Post
    The KB Swing is a fine exersice. It's been a while since I have done them and I need to start working them in with my conditioning work, which is another thing that rubbs people the wrong way here, but conditioning is an important part of overall health. I found that it is best to do the swings either when finnished with lifting or when there is a day or two of rest before the next squatting session. Work into them slowly or you will be doing the chicken walk for a few days haha! The last time I did them I was using two 50 pound kettle bells. Probably should invest in 70's next. Always buy them in pairs. Mine were from Wallmart Online and were not expensive.
    Yes, one of the absolute best! Some people like to tout the prowler as the holy grail of conditioning, but Kettlebell Swings trump the prowler all day long and they have more carryover to the Squats & Deadlifts. My Bells are all Dragon Door Bells (The Best). I have the following...

2 - 35's
    2 - 44's
    2 - 53's
    2 - 62's
    2 - 70's
    1 - 88
    1 - 106

My Kettlebells are the most versatile training tools I own. There are so many great exercises you can do with them.

Stay Strong, Ken!
    Last edited by Meshuggah; 07-30-2018 at 03:40 PM. Reason: * Added a 44 Pounder

Thanks for the tip, I will try to incorporate it into my training and see what it does for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Espen Lund View Post
    Thanks for the tip, I will try to incorporate it into my training and see what it does for me.
    Make sure you learn proper technique to avoid injury. Joe Daniels has some great instructional videos...

YouTube

I will second Joe Daniels. I have been watching his videos for quite some time. He has lots of good information on the use of kettlebells. Besides being excellent conditioning tools they are loads of fun to play with!

Steve Cotter is another Kettlebell Beast. YouTube

starting strength coach development program
    Another great source of information is Underground Gym on YouTube. He teaches technique and demonstrates kettlebell workouts that require a very high level of conditioning to complete. I am on my cell otherwise I would post the link.

Page 2 of 179 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast