starting strength gym
Page 65 of 179 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775115165 ... LastLast

Thread: The Log of Conjugate PR's

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    The price is higher as you get older I find. I’m struggling lately too. But you’re both doing amazing work that I personally aspire to!

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynJerry View Post
    I understand how you feel. Over the years I've had similar things happen to me. I was a mechanic and one time I had pain in my wrist that made me work with one hand for over 2 months . I would wrap it with an ace bandage and ben gay. Maybe it was carpal tunnel, but it eventually went away.
    Quote Originally Posted by granny View Post
    The price is higher as you get older I find. I’m struggling lately too. But you’re both doing amazing work that I personally aspire to!
    Thank you my friends. It seems like one injury after another for the past year or so. If I cant train the I want to, I would rather not train at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Meshuggah View Post
    Thank you my friends. It seems like one injury after another for the past year or so. If I cant train the I want to, I would rather not train at all.
    I feel that 'Shug...

All I can add to the above comments is to encourage you to keep fighting the good fight.

You've put in a lot of good hours...years to get where you are, hopefully you'll find some work arounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Browndog View Post
    I feel that 'Shug...

All I can add to the above comments is to encourage you to keep fighting the good fight.

You've put in a lot of good hours...years to get where you are, hopefully you'll find some work arounds.
    this

A not so great day in the gym is still better than a day with no gym, afaic. YMMV.

Thank you for the encouragement everyone. I have had a very rough 7 weeks (15 months actually). My Mom died on 3-30-21
    and I have been fairly wrecked since then. I never thought it would hit me this hard, but it has. My Dad died almost 18 years
    ago, and that was very hard because we were very close. The death of my Mom has made everything seem more "final."
    I am an only child, so I have had an enormous amount of things to deal with, like moving all her stuff (a massive amount)
    My training has always kept me grounded and I really need to keep pushing on to keep my sanity.
    Stay Strong my Friends.

Tuesday 4-27-21 / Indoors

Double K-Bell Front Squat (Barefoot & Belt-less)

2X5 @ 44s
    5X2 @ 62s

Double K-Bell Rack Position Hold

2X20 Seconds @ 70s

Music: Jerry Cantrell - Degradation Trip

Knowing about your mother so I figured that into your training woes. I also was an only child so yeah it's tough. Take it one day at a time and be grateful for having good parents. Our thoughts are with you and your family.

Damn. I had been mulling over how to phrase something of encouragement, especially as a relative baby lifter, and how where you are relates to Rip's recent article of maintenance. Then...

Thank you for the encouragement everyone...
    I have no words, especially since I cannot relate. My only wish for you is that you continue to find solace in the rack, but not so much so that you injure yourself to a point that you cannot continue to find solace there (and here).

Sorry to hear that Shugg. I know you may not believe it, but it will get easier, just takes some time. My prayers are with you.

starting strength coach development program
    I'm very sorry, prayers as well.