starting strength gym
Page 1 of 178 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: The Log of Conjugate PR's

Arrow The Log of Conjugate PR's

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    There are some Misinformed "Experts" on the forum that say the way I train doesn't work, but my lifting over the past 6+ years has always said otherwise.
    I use methods similar to those taught by Louie Simmons and Matt Wenning, but with a few twists of my own to make things fit my lifting needs.
    My current all time PR's on the Big 4 are: 405 Squat / 310 Bench / 515 Deadlift / 170 Overhead Press. I am Lifetime PED Free and will be 57 in August.
    This log will chronicle PR's only, no daily or weekly logging. I will start with the final PR of last year - 12-30-17

If you always train the same old way, you will always get the same old results.
    Last edited by Meshuggah; 07-01-2018 at 07:52 AM. Reason: Semper Fi

The first PR of 2018 - 3-31-18

Thumbs up Snatch Grips Rule!!

The second PR of 2018 - 4-14-2018. The goal is to up this by my 57th birthday in August.

Quote Originally Posted by Meshuggah View Post
    There are some Misinformed "Experts" on the forum that say the way I train doesn't work, but my lifting over the past 6+ years has always said otherwise.
    Don't let it bother you. If it works for you....more power to you! Nice PR's, shug.

Quote Originally Posted by granny View Post
    Don't let it bother you. If it works for you....more power to you! Nice PR's, shug.
    Their Narrow-Mindedness doesnt bother me, it makes me laugh every time I hit a new PR. Thank you for the kind words!
    Speaking of PR's, I forgot about the third one of 2018 - 5-26-18. The bar is 18" from the floor. This a common height in strongman competitions.
    2 to 4 inches below the middle of the kneecap is also a sticking point for many lifters, including me.
    I will be going for a new Conventional PR in 2 or 3 weeks. Stay Strong!!

Last edited by Meshuggah; 06-30-2018 at 03:58 PM.

I use methods similar to those taught by Louie Simmons and Matt Wenning, but with a few twists of my own to make things fit my lifting needs.

If you always train the same old way, you will always get the same old results.
    Attachment 6494

Nice lifts, though, Shug.

Most of the people comfortable using absolute statements to judge your training aren't as strong as you and haven't even finished their novice gains.
    Haters.
    Keep up the PRs!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by hector_garza View Post
    Most of the people comfortable using absolute statements to judge your training aren't as strong as you and haven't even finished their novice gains.
    Haters.
    Keep up the PRs!!!!!
    You know what they say... There is no Fool like an old Fool. (BMIC)

I want to apologize for getting snippy with you in E&P awhile back. You have a substantial lead, but I'm staying in our "race" to a 600 Deadlift.
    You also need to make space in your PM Box. Have a great 4th!

Not only do you have good taste in music, you are also quite strong. How long have you been training for strength?

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Espen Lund View Post
    Not only do you have good taste in music, you are also quite strong. How long have you been training for strength?
    Thank you, Espen. I have trained off and on every since my high school days, but didn't really get serious about training strictly for strength until about
    20 years ago, when I was able to start obtaining my own equipment. The old garage gym is one of the best investments I have ever made. Being able to
    train with both of my sons created many priceless memories. Here is the "Festivus" 2013 Deadlift Challenge. 2013 was the first year that we all pulled
    over 500+ pounds. Both of my sons have now Deadlifted 600 pounds. My current best is 515, but I am looking to up it soon.

Festivus 2013

Page 1 of 178 1231151101 ... LastLast