B: 185x5x8
    BBR: 275x5x8
    P: 135x5x8

Friday, December 20, 2019

S: 505x1x5
    B: 257.5x1x5
    D: 635x1x5
    P: 227.5x1x5

It's the most wonderful time of the year! I think I am wearing out my Andy Williams CD, LOL!!!

Another solid week of Texas Method. This program seems to work so well. I am keeping Wednesday pretty light and constant for now so that I can really leverage that active recovery. I will increase the loading here a bit more slowly.

I haven't had to travel too much this week as most things were local. That was good for my soul and my relationship. The girlfriend and I are taking a candle-making class this weekend with a follow-on session so that we can make candles for all of our friends and family. I think these will be wonderful gifts!

Oh my gosh, what a wild ride it has been.

Without disclosing too much, I have been involved, nearly from the date of my last post, with the current pandemic. I have been on travel, as needed, to help solve various problems.

In July I was returning to the USA after being abroad. I hadn't seen my fiancé in the flesh since Christmas. For some reason she had grown distant in my absence. In August, since things had appeared to be stable enough for me to remain in one place, I decided to start training again. My friend Thad from the gym had built a home gym in his detached garage and invited me over. I was following the "first session" protocol that Rip outlines in The Blue Book when I had a stumble squatting 137kg (Thad has all kg plates and I was working in with his training session, and this was his volume weight). Thad was there to spot me from behind. I'd never been in that position both in training and, well, in the flesh with another man. While my ego had been bruised from that stumble my heart was lifted with Thad's embrace.

Without going into further detail, I've been taking things very slowly with Thad over the last few months. We both joined "The Strenuous Life" that is a service provided by Mr. Brett McKay from the Art of Manliness. It has been such a pleasure to get to know Thad while also learning how to become more masculine in my day-to-day life.

Nevertheless, I have restarted my Novice Linear Progression in earnest. Yesterday's session was:

S: 140kgx3x5
    B: 85kgx3x5
    D: 190kgx1x5

Hopefully things continue to progress both in the gym, at work, and in romance. I also believe we are very close to finding a series of treatments to quell the spread and deadliness of COVID-19. I hope that you all have a blessed day.

starting strength coach development program
    This log is phenomenal on so many levels.!!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456