starting strength gym
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rob's Hard Training Log

Default Rob's Hard Training Log

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Hi!

My name is Rob. I have run the linear progression in the past as well as some other programming. For now I am returning back to the basic routine and working on building up strength. I do travel a lot, so I try to fit in my training when available.

Monday, July 1, 2019:

S: 225x3x5
    B: 135x3x5
    D: 275x1x5

Starting back here my prior lifts were heavier, but I'm taking the chance to focus on form. My last routine was much more bodybuilding focused. Funny enough, a fellow gym-goer called me a "twunk". I'm not sure what that means, but I nodded and smiled! I think he's a gym rat of sorts.

Wednesday, July 3, 2019

S: 230x3x5
    P: 95x3x5
    D: 285x1x5

Keeping my progression well-tempered. Movement is easy. I could have deadlifted more for sure, but no reason to rush things.

Exchanged phone numbers with the nice dude I met on Monday. He says that he knows of some good clubs to go to over the long weekend.

Friday, July 5, 2019

S: 235x3x5
    B: 140x3x5
    D: 295x1x5

Just woke up and remembered I forgot to log. I'll do this quickly before hitting the gym this am. The progression is going well. Focusing on smooth reps and keeping intervals relatively minimal where possible.

Tried meeting up with the guy I met at the gym. When I got to the address he gave me, it was this place called "The Rail" in San Diego. I think it is a gay nightclub. I was considering stopping in, but I couldn't find a parking spot. That area was super busy.

Monday, July 8, 2019

S: 240x3x5
    P: 100x3x5
    D: 305x1x5

I can feel that the 10lbs increments on deadlifts are coming to and end. I think that's ok since it's staying ahead of my squat prey well. I'm not inclined to start cleans or likewise yet until the deadlift stalls completely.

Ran into the guy from the gym again. He cornered me in the locker room. I told him that I couldn't find parking and wasn't sure about the place he said to meet. He seemed a little weird. That was an uncomfortable situation!

Wednesday, July 10, 2019

S; 245x3x5
    B: 145x3x5
    D; 315x1x5

Deadlifts today felt a little easier. I have been getting some better rest the past few nights. I'll see if I can hold onto the 10lbs jumps a little longer. Bench felt really solid. I reviewed some videos and saw I was touching a bit high on my chest. Moved the touch point down about 3/4" and form improved. Squats are still moving nicely. I'm likely under my potential here, but getting in good quality reps.

I was out with a female coworker last night and the dude from the gym was texting me. He kept texting "SWIPE RIGHT!!!". I had no idea what he meant, since I only have Facebook and Instagram. My coworker told me that it's a dating app thing and that it means you want to "hook up" with someone. I do find my coworker cute; was he in the restaurant? Crazy! When I ran into him today, he said he was drunk last night at his friend's house and was visibly blushing.

Friday, July 12, 2019

S: 250x3x5
    P: 105x3x5
    D: 325x1x5

Good sleep and good food have been helpful. Squats felt light today as did the deadlifts. Press is feeling good also, but I might have to get some of those fractional plates soon.

Went out with the same female coworker again. This time it was to the local mall. We had a lot of fun shopping and watching her try on shoes was a highlight. She has a great pair of legs! Guy from the gym was a bit aloof today. He said it's been a confusing week for him. I hope everything is okay! Looking forward to the weekend. :-)

Monday, July 14, 2019

S: 255x3x5
    B: 150x3x5
    D: 335x1x5

Had to travel for work on Saturday and ended up in Boston. What a great city! I ran across a gym in Cambridge that had great equipment. One guy was chatting with me and we stumbled on the topic of starting strength. Dude went a little cold after that. Weird. He was a professor of physics or something like that at MIT. Academics can be a little tightly wound I guess!

During this trip, we have a day off tomorrow. Boss booked us on a whale watch but we’ve got to go all the way out on the Cape to get to it. Small town called Provincetown. Boss said I’d really like it there. Great scenery at the beaches and then laughed. I don’t get it.

Looking forward to lifting on Wednesday!

Wednesday, July 16, 2019

S: 260x3x5
    P: 110x3x5
    D: 345x1x5

Last two reps of deadlifts were a little slow. Still making gains, but maybe it’s time to slow to 5lbs per session. However, diet has been off while on travel so maybe that’s it? I will reassess on Friday.

Going out to the Cape was kinda lame. Was texting with my female coworker while on the whale watching cruise. She wants to go to a comedy show when I get back in town.

Used a different gym today. Most people in Boston seem to only be interested in cardio.

Friday, July 18, 2019

S: 265x3x5
    B: 155x3x5
    D: 355x1x5

Caught up a bit on sleep and has some dessert treats. I think that's the key to hitting the DLs today without issue. I felt very strong.

Looking forward to tonight with the coworker. She asked me what I was wearing. Looking forward to a fun night. Will be back in the regular gym on Monday.

starting strength coach development program
    Monday, July 22, 2019

S: 270x3x5
    P: 115x3x5
    D: 365x1x5

Deadlifts are feeling good still. Upped my protein intake to about 1.37g per pound. Sleep is also doing well.

Gym dude seemed really happy to see me today. Gave me a hug in the locker room! What a friendly guy! Coworker and I are going out to a matinee this weekend. That should be fun. Maybe Dave and Buster's after.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast