Thread: Rob's Hard Training Log

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Friday, August 16, 2019

S: 325x3x5
    B: 180x3x5
    D: 420x1x5

Little slow through this session. Been a long week! Looking forward to an extra day of recovery.

Looking forward to the drive-in; the movie is Hairspray! Gym buddy was talking to another guy in the gym while holding his hand. Hm.

Monday, August 19, 2019

S: 330x3x5
    P: 145x3x5
    D: 425x1x5

Great session! Was able to get some extra Zzzzs this weekend. Deadlift might have been a little slow, but I forgot to file the callouses on my hands. I think my grip was slipping.

Weekend was awesome. Coworker and I shared some popcorn at the drive-in and she fell asleep during the last movie. So cute.

Wednesday, August 21, 2019

S: 335x3x5
    B: 185x3x5
    D: 430x1x5

I was worried about deadlifts today, but mentally walked through the 5 step process in my head a few extra times and hit my set with confidence. Felt really solid. Bench moved well also. I was keeping the bar path solid and not benching too low.

Making plans with the coworker, nothing solid yet.

Friday, August 23, 2019

S: 340x3x5
    P: 150x3x5
    D: 435x1x5

Session went well. Must have gotten enough recovery in this week. Sorry for the late update...

Monday, August 25, 2019

S: 345x3x5
    B: 190x3x5
    D: 440x1x5

Bench felt really strong today. That was awesome! Getting into the gym and putting in the work. My gym buddy told me I am filling out my pants nicely from all angles, lol!!!

Weekend was so much fun. We went to a ceramics class where we learned about doing hollow casted pieces. What was really cool was making doll parts. My coworker and I might give doll-making a try. Casting parts, sewing bodies, and making outfits sounds like a great hobby!

Quote Originally Posted by ThRob View Post
    I was at a gym in Orlando that had all of these advertisements with "5%" on them. The dude in those ads was super jacked. I wonder who he is?

That's Rich Piana of four-scoops-ain't-enough fame. He died a couple of years ago from a combination of steroids and other drug abuse.

Nice progress you're making, at any rate.

Quote Originally Posted by zft View Post
    That's Rich Piana of four-scoops-ain't-enough fame. He died a couple of years ago from a combination of steroids and other drug abuse.

Nice progress you're making, at any rate.
    Oh my goodness! That's a tragic story. :-(

Thank you for the kind words. :-)

Wednesday, August 28, 2019

S: 350x3x5
    P: 155x3x5
    D: 445x1x5

Been traveling around a bit but fitting in lifting. This week has been a bit harder than normal, but I will keep going.

Friday, August 20, 2019

S: 355x3x5
    B: 195x3x5
    D: 450x1x5

As referenced above, travel has me a bit weary, but I look forward to gripping that hard, cold steel bar and working hard underneath it and pulling it from the floor with a firm grip into an erect and strong posture. I felt invigorated after today's session.

I was finally able to synch up with my coworker. Looks like we have plans for stopping by Hobby Lobby for some doll-making supplies. I'm hoping we can swing by Pinkberry on the way! Maybe we will have time for something on Monday also, but I am planning on getting in my hard training session as a priority!

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by ThRob View Post
    gripping that hard...working hard underneath it...firm grip...erect

...doll-making supplies...Pinkberry...
    All my favorite words and phrases!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast