starting strength gym
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 43 Year Old Powerlifter Isn't Competing for a While - Just Trying to Get SWOLE!

Default 43 Year Old Powerlifter Isn't Competing for a While - Just Trying to Get SWOLE!

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Peace everyone! This is my first time keeping a log in this section, at least since the training logs got split into sections (yes, I've been around here that long ). As the title indicates, I've been competing in powerlifting - all USAPL - for quite some time. I did my first meet in 2008. My most recent was April of this year, and I had regressed quite a bit, mostly due to inconsistent training and eating. Over the next several months, training got more sporadic, my weight fluctuated, and I got weaker.

So for now, my focus is training for size. My goal is to regularly wake up weighing 229 mostly muscular pounds after a full night of sleep. I expect that I'll eventually compete again at some point, and I want to be as close to the 231 lbs weight limit as possible. If I get back on the platform in 2020, the earliest will be USAPL Mid-Atlantic Regionals, which have been in August the last 3 years.

I weighed 215.2 lbs on Sunday morning after a weird night of "sleep". It was 214.6 the week before.

I've been experimenting with some high intensity training (HIT) recently, but in the last 2 weeks, I decided give a dedicated effort to Doggcrapp (DC) training for the next few months. It has been around for about 20 years, at least in the public domain. You can google it for all of the details, but the most important elements IMO are:

1. Split the body in half, and train 3 times per week alternating between workout A (basically upper body, minus direct biceps and forearms) and workout B (biceps, forearems, legs). This allows you to train the entire body 3 times every 2 weeks. Each bodypart gets a 3-exercise rotation, so there are 6 total workouts (A1, A2, A3, B1, B2, B3).

2. One exercise per body part, with one legit work set per exercise.

3. On most exercises, go to legit failure, and use a rest-pause protocol on your work set.

4. Extreme, sometimes weighted, stretching after each exercise, or at the end of each session.

5. Beat your log book, meaning each time you do an exercise (every 2 weeks) always try to get more reps, or add a little weight.

If I don't waste time in the gym, then I can get these sessions done in about an hour. The relatively short sessions, the high intensity application, and not having to think about my programming for a while are main factors driving me to give this a shot for at least 6 weeks. If I'm not making any progress on anything, then I'll switch things up. For now, here's what my first DC session looked like (text and video).

Thursday, November 14, 2019 - Workout A1: Chest, Shoulders, Triceps, Back Width, Back Thickness

1. Incline Barbell Bench Press - done in rack
    bar/8
    95/8
    145/7
    165/5
    Rest-pause set: 185/10 + 3 + 1 with static hold at the end (14 total reps at 185)
    Pec stretch: 60 seconds in bottom of flat flye position w/20 lbs DBs

2. Overhead Press
    bar/10
    95/7
    Rest-pause set: 115/9 + 3 + 1 with static hold & slow negative at the end
    Shoulder stretch: 60 seconds stretching on bar in the rack

3. Close grip bench press
    115/10
    155/5
    Rest-pause set: 175/10 + 3 + 2
    Triceps stretch: 1 arm at a time, holding the bottom position of an overhead extension, 20 lbs DB, followed by another pec stretch (same as after bench press)

4. Pullups - overhand, "kind of wide" to "medium" grip
    2 warmup sets (7 reps each set of pushing off ground, controlled negative)
    Rest pause set: 11 + 5 + 4
    Lat stretch: 60 seconds of hanging from the pullup bar

5. Seated Cable Row - neutral grip
    110/10
    Rest-pause set: 190/10 + 5 + 4
    Lat stretch: 60 seconds hanging in the bottom of an inverted row
    Last edited by K.Diesel; 11-21-2019 at 08:05 PM. Reason: I was falling asleep while posting it, and it showed.

Default Doggcrapp: Day 2, Workout B1

If you're not familiar with this training program, there are a few exercises that don't get the rest-pause treatment. Most of those exercises are on the "B" days. Reps for calves are done with a negative and stretch at the bottom of 5 seconds each. Anything that would compromise your lower back, or put you in danger of hurting yourself also get the straight set to failure treament. And as much as I've come to like this one set to failure style of training, at my age I'm erring on the side of caution with things like squats, deadlifts, and their variations. I'd rather stop one rep short of failure than have a technical breakdown, or a muscular-skeletal breakdown. With that said, here's how it went on my first lower body day on Doggcrapp.

Sunday, November 17, 2019 - Workout B1: biceps, forearms, calves, hamstrings, quadriceps

note: exercises numbered 1a/1b mean that I alternated sets of each exercise.

1a. Standing E-Z Bar Curl (bar is 20 lbs)
    bar/7-8 x 2 sets
    50/10
    Rest-pause set: 70/14 + 6 + 4

1b. Total Gym Ab Machine - upper body is in a fixed position, legs are on a sled pad, and you draw your knees into your chest
    5 sets of 20

2. Standing E-Z Bar Reverse Curl
    bar/10+
    50/18
    Biceps stretch: 60 seconds, hanging from barbell at shoulder height in the rack

3a. Bent-leg Calf Press - did these on a leg press, in an effort to mimic seated calf raises. Not sure if it worked or not.
    90/12 - normal, deliberate pace
    180/10 - normal, deliberate pace
    270/13 - DC style w/slow negatives and long stretches.

3b. Seated Leg Curl
    50/20
    110/12
    Rest-pause set: 140/16 + 7 + 8 - only got 8 on the last round because the ROM was much shorter than on the previous rounds.

4. Squat
    bar/8, 8 - flat shoes and naked knees on first set. Switched to Oly shoes and put on knee sleeves before the 2nd one.
    135/6
    205/5
    275/4
    335/4
    375/3 - added wrist wraps on this set
    405/6 - added belt on this set
    315/12

One of the hallmarks of the DC system is the "widowmaker" backoff set for quads, which is supposed to be 20 reps. I did 315 x 20 a few years ago, and I didn't expect to get it here. But I didn't think I'd get 405 for 6 either, so I figured I'd just try it out. Not sure if I'm going to drop the weight to 275 next time to make sure I get 20, or see if I can beat 12 with 315.
    Last edited by K.Diesel; 11-25-2019 at 08:50 AM.

Default Doggcrapp: Day 3, Workout A2

I wanted to get this done on Tuesday, but I'm glad I made myself go to the gym last night. It's the first time in months that I've trained 3 times in any 7 day window. I feel like I put in some work, but nothing hurts and I'm not tired or sluggish. Small deposits add up over time.

Note - the way I did the bench press isn't exactly what DC dictates. In fact, DC doesn't recommend the flat barbell bench press at all. But the caveat is that if you're going to do it, tuck your elbows like a powerlifter. I won't be on a platform for quite a while, and I'm not doing any heavy singles, doubles or triples anytime soon either. But I want to maintain some practice with the lifts, and 4-6 reps is heavy enough to keep tabs on how I'm doing.

Wednesday, November 20, 2019 - Workout A2: chest, shoulders, triceps, back width & thickness

1. Bench Press - done in rack
    bar/10 x 2 sets
    95/6
    145/6
    185/5
    225/4
    255/5 - added wrist wraps on this set. Would rate it a 9.5-10 RPE. I probably could have done 5 reps with 1 more kg on the bar, so that's why it might be 9.5 instead of 10.
    Rest-pause set: 215/10 + 3 + 2

2. Seated DB OHP - twisted wrist during the lift, so neutral position in the bottom and pronated at the top
    30's/10
    Rest-pause set: 45's/13 + 5 + 4

3. Lying E-Z Bar Triceps Extension
    bar/10
    50/10
    70/7
    Rest-pause set: 80/10 + 4 w/slow negative on last rep + 2 w/"forced" 3rd negative - I went for a 3rd rep in that final round, and it had no chance. So I pulled the weight to my chest, pressed it up, and did one more slow negative.

4. Pulldowns - used the the double triangle, close-grip handle
    110/12
    160/9
    Rest-pause drop set: 190/9 + 180/5 + 170/5 - added Versa Gripps for this set
    Drop sets aren't part of the program. I overshot the weight on the work set. It was moving fine, but I didn't like the way the tendon on the inside of my left elbow felt. I'll go with 175 on the work set next time, with a plan to get 20+ total reps.

5. Chest Supported Row - I like this apparatus because I can put 1 foot on the floor and the other on the platform. My chest and lungs feel better that way. Neutral grip.
    135/8
    Rest-pause set: 165/8 + 5 + 4 w/static hold after the last rep

Decline Sit-Ups - I just spread these around the workout, between sets of the other exercises. No real pattern to it.
    15, 15, 20, 15, 20, 15 - 100 reps total
    Last edited by K.Diesel; 11-25-2019 at 08:50 AM.

Default Doggcrapp: Day 4, Workout B2 (w/modification)

Saturday, November 23, 2019 - Workout B2: biceps, forearms, calves, hamstrings, quads

1. Machine Curls
    no pin/10+ reps
    25/11
    50/9
    rest-pause drop set: 70/9 + 60/5 + 55/5 w/static hold & slow negative at the end

Because I frequently feel a strain on the inside of my right my right elbow (tendonitis?), I think I should have started lighter here. I'll do the whole work set at 60 the next time I do this exercise.

2. Reverse Machine Curls
    35/15

I'm not sure if I mentioned this before, but forearms don't get rest-paused. They get a single, "high rep" set to failure.

3. Calf Press - straight legged, on leg press
    90/15
    180/15
    270/15 - done DC-style w/slow negatives and long stretches

Like forearms, calves are also done as a straight set.

4. Snatch-Grip Romanian Deadlift
    135/12
    225/10 - started using Versa Gripps here
    275/8
    325/8 @9.5 RPE - added belt here
    275/12 @9.5 RPE

5. Sumo Deadlift - switched from flats to Oly shoes
    275/4 - ditched the belt, and went over/under on the grip (bare hands)
    335/2
    385/2 - went back to the Versa Gripps here
    425/1 x 8 - used a belt, and completed the singles in 8:55 from the end of the 1st to the end of the 8th.

6. Leg Extension
    80/6-10 (don't remember)
    rest-pause set: 120/16 + 12 + 10

The modification was using deadlifts as a quad exercise. In normal DC protocol, they're used as a back thickness exercise on one of the A days. At my gym, I have very little equipment, lunges now make my knees hurt, and I don't particularly like front squats. So my hope is that by doing deadlifts with an elevated heel in a sumo stance (almost my squat stance), I can hit my quads adequately if I focus and flex my quads at the top of each rep. Since I perform working sets of deadlifts as singles (a few reasons behind that), I thought throwing in leg extensions as a rest-pause finisher could be a substitute for the dreaded "widowmaker".

Default Doggcrapp: Day 5, Workout A3, plus thoughts on manual labor

It's taking me longer than I want to get YouTube videos done, but here is the last session with squats (B1), with commentary about the pros/cons of doing squats first in a session vs last.

I don't know what's happening on Tuesdays. This was supposed to happen after work on Tuesday, but I got home from work around 8pm, sat on the sofa, and next thing I knew I was waking up at 10:30pm and still had to work on Wednesday. So I just called it a night, and got in there last night.

Speaking of work, I don't think I've mentioned that I'm a mailman, and I do anywhere from 6-9 miles of what I call "urban hiking" every day, depending on overtime. I've been lifting and doing this job for 13 years. So for any of you who do strenuous, manual labor, know that there's hope for getting bigger and stronger while burning loads of calories day in and day out. I was lifting for about 2 years before this line of work, and got up to about 190 lbs before I started around Memorial Day 13 years ago. By Labor Day, I was down to 165 lbs. It took time, experimentation, and it has not been a linear path, but it can be done. I peaked at 223 lbs last April. I weighed 216.6 this morning.

Wednesday, November 27, 2019 - Workout A3: chest, shoulders, triceps, back width, back thickness

1. Decline Bench Press
    bar/10+
    95/10
    135/8
    175/6
    rest-pause set: 205/12 + 5 + 2

I've avoided decline bench presses for many years, mostly because every other bench I've done them on has your feet off the floor, as the benches have been more of a decline bench press with your feet hooked under pads. Turns out my new gym has a bench on which I can do them with my feet on the floor, and that makes a world of difference. I liked these a lot, and look forward to doing them again.

Did the pec stretch on the decline bench with 25 lb dumbbells. Held in the bottom position for 45 seconds.

2. Shoulder Press Machine - did these with a neutral grip, but didn't sit all the way back against the pad to keep my hands in line with my shoulders instead of in front.
    50/12
    90/10
    rest-pause set: 130/17 + 7 + 4 w/static hold on 4th rep

I need to bump the weight to 140 next time. This was my first time using this machine.

3. Lying Triceps Cable Extension - put a bench in front of a cable station, lowered all the way down. Used rope handle.
    35/15
    rest-pause set: 55/15 + 8 + 5 w/slow negative on last rep of each part

4. Pullups
    jumped up to negative/8 underhand
    rest-pause set: BW/15 + 5 + 3.5 w/static hold at end (can't count that last rep as a full rep)
    Work set was shoulder width, neutral grip, and using Versa Gripps

5. Chest Supported Row - overhand grip
    90/7
    135/7
    rest-pause set: 170/9 + 5.5 + 3 w/static hold on last 2 parts. Used Versa Gripps on this set

6. Abs - spread these throughout the workout. It's just easier to list them like this.
    Total Gym apparatus: 20 reps x 4 sets
    Decline sit-up: 20 reps x 1 set

Waited until the end to do the "extreme stretches" for back (vertical and horizontal hang), biceps and shoulders.

I felt much more rested and probably had a better session by waiting another day. However, one of the DC tenets is training 3 days a week. The whole idea is supposed to be high intensity and high(er) frequency. Can a mailman get to the gym after work on Black Friday? We'll see...

Default Doggcrapp Day 6: Workout B3

Monday, December 3, 2019 - Workout B3: biceps, forearms, calves, hamstrings, quads

1. Seated DB Curl - back against pad
    10's/15
    20's/10
    30'8/8
    rest-pause set: 35's/15 + 5 + 3

I didn't need this many warm-ups for dumbbell curls. I just haven't done them often enough to know what weight to use for the work set. I'll go 20's-30's-40's next time.

2. Seated Hammer Curl
    a few feeler reps w/20's, maybe 5-10
    rest-pause drop set: 35's/7 + 30's/5 + 25's/4

I should have used the 30's all the way through. Next time, I'll use those. Also, forearms are supposed to be a straight set, so I botched that.

3. Calf Press - on leg press
    90/15, medium tempo
    180/15, medium tempo
    270/10 x 2 sets, DC tempo - on each rep, squeeze and contract at the top, 5 second negative, and 5 second stretch at the bottom. These sucked.

4. Sumo Leg Press - wide stance, only heels on platform, flat shoes, no knee sleeves
    180/12
    270/10
    360/13 @9 RPE - when I read that this was a suggested hamstring exercise, I didn't believe it. I get it now. Not sure how I feel about them though.

5. Leg Press - medium stance, Oly shoes, knee sleeves
    360/8
    540/6
    625/10 @9.5 RPE
    500/20 @10 RPE

I finally did a legit 20-rep "widowmaker" for the first time in a very long. I had to pause (didn't re-rack) at reps 7, 12 and 16. Now I really get why DC calls for doing stuff like squats and leg presses last. I didn't want to do anything but go home, and since I was done, I could.

Note
    So far, I haven't really been doing DC training. The idea is high intensity with high(er) frequency, and lower volume. You're supposed to train 3 times every 7 days, hitting the entire body 3 times every 2 weeks. For a variety of reasons, it has taken me 18 days to get through sessions that should have been completed in 14 days. Now that I've gone through a full cycle of the workouts, I get to see if I can "beat the logbook", and improve weight and/or reps on each exercise the next time.

My goals for the next 2.5 weeks are to 1) do all 6 workouts in 14 days, starting tomorrow or Thursday, and 2) do the same exercises from workouts A1-A3 & B1-B3 with a little more weight, or the same weight for a few more reps.

Default Doggcrapp, Day 7: Beginning the Battle Against the Logbook

Before I start the log from my last session, I'd like to share a video I just posted. Starting with a bench press set of 255 x 5, it contains clips from the A2 session on 11/20, along with my thoughts on training frequency for people in my age bracket. Please take a moment to check it out, and let me know what you think.

Now that I've completed a full cycle (6 workouts) on the Doggcrapp format and established starting points on every lift (3 per bodypart), it's time for me to start focusing on "beating the logbook". This mantra is a cornerstone of the DC program, and in some way or another, it should be the cornerstone of any strength and/or hypertrophy program. It's just another way of prescribing progressive overload. In this case, the goal is that each time you do an exercise, you try to lift more weight with the same reps as the previous time, or more reps with the same weight.

Since I'm running a pretty hard sleep deficit right now, and the rep totals from the first time around weren't especially high, I decided to keep all of the weights the same as the last time I did the A1 session. So yesterday's goal on everything was at least 1 more rep on everything.

Wednesday, December 4, 2019 - Workout A1 (2nd time): chest, shoulders, triceps, back width and thickness

1. Incline Bench Press - done in rack
    bar/15, 10
    95/10
    150/7
    rest-pause set: 185/11 + 3 + 2 w/10 second hold near the top of the very last rep.
    +2 total reps from last time.
    2. Overhead Press
    bar/10
    85/8
    rest-pause set: 115/10 + 4 + 2
    +3 total reps from last time.

3. Close-Grip Bench Press - still in rack
    115/10
    155/7
    rest-pause set: 175/11 + 3 + 2 w/slow negative on the very last rep.
    +3 total reps from last time.

4. Pullups - overhand, slightly wider than medium
    "jump" to negative/10
    rest-pause set: BW/12 + 10 + 3.5 - range of motion got shorter near the end, but not so short that I couldn't count it at all
    +4.5 reps from last time.

5. Seated Row - neutral grip
    130/10
    rest-pause set: 190/12 + 7 + 4
    +4 reps from last time.

I did not get to any abs in this session. I'll make them up on an off day.

Overall, I'm very happy with how this went. I beat the book for everything I did before, so that sounds like a victory that I'll glad. But the biggest victory might be that I got to the gym twice in 3 days. God willing, I'll be back at it on Saturday.

Impressive training, as always, K.D. I'd been looking for your log over in the competitor's section; glad I stumbled on it here.

Default Missed Log Entry, and Unplanned Deload

Quote Originally Posted by codger View Post
    Impressive training, as always, K.D. I'd been looking for your log over in the competitor's section; glad I stumbled on it here.
    Thank you! Always good to hear from you, and I'm grateful that you looked for me. I figured that logging here would make more sense, at least for the foreseeable future, since I don't have any competitive plans in the near future...

However, I have seen that USAPL has decided to change the format for Regionals. Instead of the 6 or 7 regions they previously had, they've consolidated them into 4 much larger regions. That would move me from Mid-Atlantic to the new Northeast region, and those Regionals are July 2020. It's on my mind, but before I can really see myself planning on going and being respectable (to my satisfaction), I need to be walking around 10-15 lbs heavier than I am now. So for now, I don't see myself as training for a competition. I'm just trying to get jacked over the next few months.

Wake-up weigh-in: 215.0, Sat. 12/14/19

My progress has stalled over the last week and a half. December has a way of putting hard times on a mailman, and this year's big shipping season has been no different. I haven't trained since last Friday, 12/6. When I came to the log to mention that, along with a weight update, I realized that I never even put that workout in here. So here it is.

Friday, December 6, 2019 - Workout B1 (2nd time): biceps, forearms, calves, hamstrings, quads

1. Standing EZ Bar Curl
    bar/10 + 10 reverse curls
    bar/10
    55/9
    rest-pause set: 75/15 + 5 + 6

My camera fell off the tripod between the 2nd and 3rd part of the rest-pause. I must have taken a longer rest period than prescribed between those parts, because it's the first time I've gotten more reps on the final part of a R-P than the 2nd.

2. Standing EZ Bar Reverse Curl
    60/15

3. Calf Press - done on leg press
    90/20
    180/17
    DC-style sets (5 second negative & stretch after each rep)
    270/15
    270/16

4. Seated Leg Curl
    50/15
    120/11
    rest-pause set: 160/11 + 6 + 5 - those were all of the full reps I did. I tried one more at each part of the rest-pause, but the ROM only felt like 1/2 of a full rep.

5. Squat
    bar/8
    135/6
    205/6
    275/5
    335/4
    380/3
    410/6
    295/15

Now that I've missed more than a week, I'll probably just start a new cycle and repeat the same working weights I used last time on each exercise. If I don't match or exceed the last reps I did with those weights, no big deal.

Default 12 Days Off, Weight Gain, Back At It

starting strength coach development program
    I ended up being out of the gym for 12 days. Factors included work (in the two weeks leading up to Christmas, I worked 62 & 59.5 hours), lack of sleep, family issues, and maybe a bit of laziness or not feeling like it. I've managed 3 sessions in the last 8 days. If I can improve that to 3 every 7 days, I'll be at the frequency that the Doggcrapp program calls for.

I must have gained some weight, somehow. I weighed myself on 3 different mornings since Sunday, and I saw 218.8, 220.0, and 219.6 lbs. That's up from 215.0 on December 15. I'm not sure what the water/muscle/fat breakdown is, but it's there.

I don't think I've mentioned this, but sometime earlier this year, I came to realize that I must have developed some degree of lactose intolerance. I'm okay with adding 1/2 - 1 cup milk to the oatmeal I eat every day. Cheese doesn't seem to be a problem. Greek yogurt is fine more often than not. But, the shakes that had been a staple of my diet are gone. As a result, I've been forced to eat almost all of my calories for a few months now. I don't know if that's "better" in terms of health or not. It's definitely less convenient. But if I'm gaining, then something is working.

Here's what my last 3 sessions have looked like. For the sake of brevity, and since these sessions are all about the 1 (and occasionally 2) work sets for each exercise anyway, that's all I'm going to include in this entry. There's a chance that it becomes a trend.

Wednesday, December 18, 2019 - Workout A1 (new exercise rotation): chest, shoulders, triceps, back width, back thickness

1. Bench Press

5 warm ups
    255/5 @9.5 RPE
    215/10 @10 RPE - DC advocates a heavy set followed by a high(er) rep set for a handful of exercises. Bench press isn't one of them. I ad-libbed this.

2. Standing DB OHP

1 warm up
    50's/12 @10
    * 50's/8 @10 w/slow negative on last rep

* - I should have done these rest-pause. Since I'd been out of the gym for so long, I wasn't sure I wanted to do that on this day, and after the BP, was thinking of doing straight sets for this go-round. The second set is listed here, but was actually done after the next exercise.

3. Lying Triceps Extension (with EZ bar)

2 warm ups
    rest-pause set: 90/10 + 4 + 2.5 - failed an attempt at a 3rd rep on that last stage, so I pressed it to extension and did a slow negative.

4. Pulldown (triangle handle)

2 warm ups
    rest-pause set: 175/11 + 5 + 2 - at the very end, I cheated the weight down to the bottom position and did a slow negative to the top

5. Barbell Row

1 warm up
    215/9 @ 10 - this was just bad. Felt way too heavy, didn't feel like I was in the right position, and didn't feel like I had the groove of the movement. I hadn't done these in months, and wanted to get them back into the mix. Maybe it was too heavy for the end of the session. I don't want to scrap them altogether yet, so I'll try it with a lighter weight on the next A1 day.

Total Gym Ab Apparatus: 5 sets of 25, spread throughout the workout

Friday, December 20, 2019 - Workout B1 (new exercise rotation): biceps, forearms, calves, hamstrings, quads

1. Machine Curl

2 warm ups
    rest-pause set: 60/11 + 4 + 2 - started each stage with the bar in the top position and a negative

2. Machine Reverse Curl (same machine, just with hands pronated instead of supinated)

1 warm up
    45/13 @9.5

3. Calf Press (on leg press)

2 warm ups
    300/10 x 2 sets - DC calls for one set of 15+, so this is a modification. Still did the work set reps as prescribed: strong contraction, 5 count negative, 5 count hold

4. Romanian Deadlift

3 warms ups
    325/11 @9.5 - these are supposed to be done as a straight set

5. Sumo DL (in oly shoes)

4 warm ups
    455/1 x 6 sets, completed in 7:14 from end of 1st to end of 6th

6. Leg Extensions (since I'm not doing high rep deadlifts)

1 warm up
    150/13 @10

Total Gym Abs: 25 x 5 sets, spread throughout workout

Monday, December 23, 2019 - Workout A2 (new exercise rotation): chest, shoulders, triceps, back width, back thickness

1. Incline Bench Press

4 warm ups
    rest-pause set: 195/9 + 3 + 2 w/10 count static hold on very last rep

2. Shoulder Press Machine

2 warm ups
    rest-pause set: 150/15 + 5 + 4 w/slow negative on last rep of each stage

3. Close Grip Bench Press

2 warm ups
    rest-pause set: 185/11 + 4 + 3

4. Pullup (overhand, just outside shoulder width)

1 warm up (slight jump to top, w/negative)
    rest-pause set: BW/12 + 7 + 5

5. Seated Row Machine

2 warm ups
    rest-pause set: 190/15 + 8 + 6

Total Gym Abs: 25 x 4 sets, spread throughout workout

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast