starting strength gym
Page 114 of 127 FirstFirst ... 1464104112113114115116124 ... LastLast
Results 1,131 to 1,140 of 1263

Thread: Fred's modified SS Geezer log

  1. #1131
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    766

    Default

    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    Great job Fred, Happy New Year and a belated happy birthday... you're 70 now? I turn 69 a week from today, hoping I can recover a little of what I lost over the last few months, in 2024.

  2. #1132
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    1,961

    Default

    Now that's a great way to close out the year, Fred!

    I'm looking forward to seeing you throwing up more and more double asterisks in 2024.

  3. #1133
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Location
    Georgia, USA
    Posts
    1,703

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fiftyfit View Post
    Great job Fred, Happy New Year and a belated happy birthday... you're 70 now? I turn 69 a week from today, hoping I can recover a little of what I lost over the last few months, in 2024.
    Thanks Walt! And yes 70. The Corvette and I both haha! Here's hoping you get those gains you are looking for!

  4. #1134
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Location
    Georgia, USA
    Posts
    1,703

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Anders View Post
    Now that's a great way to close out the year, Fred!

    I'm looking forward to seeing you throwing up more and more double asterisks in 2024.
    Thanks Bill! Me too ha ha!

  5. #1135
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Posts
    2,440

    Default

    Thats a good bench!

  6. #1136
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Location
    Georgia, USA
    Posts
    1,703

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 57bergstrm View Post
    Thats a good bench!
    Thanks Lars I am getting closer to where it was 2 years ago when things went to shit.

    1-4-2024 Thursday

    Bench
    040-7
    080-4
    120-4
    150-4....13" grip


    Trap bar
    135-4
    175-3
    225-2
    250-3**
    260-1*...easy

  7. #1137
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,468

    Default

    Nice work! I guess your liking the trap bar.

  8. #1138
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Location
    Georgia, USA
    Posts
    1,703

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynJerry View Post
    Nice work! I guess your liking the trap bar.
    Yes sir! No back pain so far. I wish I had tried one sooner. Having an old and problematic lower back I have finally give up on the regular deadlift from below the knees. From the knee up there has been no pain when doing rack pulls up to 330x3. I need to reincorporate them at some point.

  9. #1139
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    1,961

    Default

    Yep, those are some good numbers that you're pulling again, Fred.

    And if you can, get those rack pulls moving again, too. Alternate them, just as you would haltings/racks, and make sure that you get plenty of quality recovery between.

  10. #1140
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Location
    Georgia, USA
    Posts
    1,703

    Default

    starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Anders View Post
    Yep, those are some good numbers that you're pulling again, Fred.
    Thanks Bill! It's enough to keep me out of the nursing home I guess.


    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Anders View Post
    And if you can, get those rack pulls moving again, too. Alternate them, just as you would haltings/racks, and make sure that you get plenty of quality recovery between.

    Yes I thought about alternating them but at the same time I have been neglecting squats and I have to restart those soon also. I just have to figure out how to schedule them so one does not affect the other and I don't run out of energy doing them.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •