starting strength gym
Page 115 of 132 FirstFirst ... 1565105113114115116117125 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,150 of 1319

Thread: Fred's modified SS Geezer log

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred J View Post
    Thanks Bill! It's enough to keep me out of the nursing home I guess.
    That is the goal!!

Yes I thought about alternating them but at the same time I have been neglecting squats and I have to restart those soon also. I just have to figure out how to schedule them so one does not affect the other and I don't run out of energy doing them.
    Perhaps every fourth day? For example, you did your trap bar deadlift today (Jan 4). Squat on Monday (Jan 8), then rack pull on Friday (Jan 12), which would be 8 days since your last heavy pull. If that isn't sufficient recovery, stretch it out to every fifth/sixth/seventh day (these would be more likely time frames, I think). Of course, there's plenty of time in there to get your presses and light squats in there, either in-between or on the same days. Just spit-ballin' here.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Anders View Post
    Perhaps every fourth day? For example, you did your trap bar deadlift today (Jan 4). Squat on Monday (Jan 8), then rack pull on Friday (Jan 12), which would be 8 days since your last heavy pull. If that isn't sufficient recovery, stretch it out to every fifth/sixth/seventh day (these would be more likely time frames, I think). Of course, there's plenty of time in there to get your presses and light squats in there, either in-between or on the same days. Just spit-ballin' here.
    Every forth day is how I rotated lifts for a couple years and that works well but it requires a non fixed day week which I have gotten away from. For now I am going to continue the trap bar like an NLP until I can't adding SQ and then RP as I can. At least that's my thoughts for now...

...but it requires a non fixed day week which I have gotten away from. ...
    I haven't run one yet. I realized a couple of months late that I should have done that last summer when my Intensity SQ started beating me up and my DL started failing. I was running a 4-day split each week. I really should have gone to running that same program, but spread over 8 days (M/W/F/M). Even with this 4-day Heavy/Light split that I'm running now, I lose track of what day/phase I'm in. I can only imagine that's tougher once things start floating more.

I haven't run one yet. I realized a couple of months late that I should have done that last summer when my Intensity SQ started beating me up and my DL started failing. I was running a 4-day split each week. I really should have gone to running that same program, but spread over 8 days (M/W/F/M). Even with this 4-day Heavy/Light split that I'm running now, I lose track of what day/phase I'm in. I can only imagine that's tougher once things start floating more.
    I do think that you would respond great to M/W/F/M. It would definitely help with recovery.

Yep, I'll give that a go later this year once things settle down and I can focus on that training again.

This 4-day Heavy/Light split does great for that, but gains are much slower than the programming change that I did last summer. I'm still just regaining the ground I lost by beating myself into the ground (plus inconsistency due to travel and other distractions).

1-7-2023 Sunday

weight 201

Bench
    040-7
    080-4
    120-4
    160-2
    190-1
    202-2**
    215-1*

Trap Bar
    135-4
    175-3
    225-2
    255-3**...with 5 second hold
    265-1*

Yehaw...
    Last edited by Fred J; 01-18-2024 at 04:56 PM.

Yippee Ki-Yay!

Yippee Ki-Yay!
    Was that Roy Rogers or Blazing Saddles?

Was that Roy Rogers or Blazing Saddles?
    It's complicated - A brief history of yippee-ki-yay | The Week

starting strength coach development program
    1-11-2024 Thursday

Squat
    090-4
    150-3
    150-3
    150-3

Rack pull
    130-3
    200-3
    250-3
    300-5

No bench Thursday. 4 weeks since last squat. 7 weeks since last rack pull. All good.