starting strength gym
Page 39 of 123 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989 ... LastLast

Thread: Fred's modified SS Geezer log

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Fred,

Sorry to read that nonsense about visitation policies...infuriating to say the least. Glad everyone's home and on the mend.

Speaking of "on the mend": your upper back issue, have you considered acupuncture. I know that there are some folks who poo-poo the practice, but in my experience over the past three years, it works for soft tissue issues. The recovery from my last back blow-up was greatly aided by the quick intervention of acupuncture. In your case, since it's been awhile, it might take a bit more of the therapy, but it's worth a go...my 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by Browndog View Post
    Fred,
    Sorry to read that nonsense about visitation policies...infuriating to say the least. Glad everyone's home and on the mend.

Thanks...we are too!

Quote Originally Posted by Browndog View Post

Speaking of "on the mend": your upper back issue, have you considered acupuncture. I know that there are some folks who poo-poo the practice, but in my experience over the past three years, it works for soft tissue issues. The recovery from my last back blow-up was greatly aided by the quick intervention of acupuncture. In your case, since it's been awhile, it might take a bit more of the therapy, but it's worth a go...my 2 cents.

Thanks for the suggestion but I don't know what I will do if anything. It seems to hurt after a nights sleep...sometimes not even noticeable. Its when I lay on my right side in bed. My sinus problems also determine which way I lay to be able to breathe.

11-5-2021 Friday

Squat (light)
    070-5
    120-3
    170-3
    170-3

I woke up with a sinus cold today and felt like shit. It let up just enough around 4pm to get in some light squats.

11-8-2021 Monday

Bench
    070-5
    120-3
    160-3
    190-1
    200-3
    200-3
    190-4

No rows today.

A decent session after working on the deck and gutters 8 hours yesterday.

I'm also a side sleeper. I've found a good tube pillow helps greatly with back and shoulder issues.
    Basically it supports your "higher knee" and keeps you reasonably aligned.
    I also fold (double) my My Pillow under my head to keep my neck aligned.
    The other thing that has been helping my sleep is Wim Hof Breathing.
    Between the two I'm a lot better off.
    Deck and gutter work... I can relate.

Quote Originally Posted by Fred J View Post
    Thanks Lars. I have resorted to programming as Sulley had mentioned some of his people do. I used it to get the squats moving.

I have not been doing any heavy deads for a while. I somehow strained/pulled something in my upper back right side around the bottom of the right shoulder blade.(in bed of all places) I try some light deads every couple weeks but it aggravates it too much. I have gotten more aggressive with heat and lidocane and Tylenol but it keeps flaring up. I also think that a lot of the remodeling that I have been doing for months is affecting it. For now I just do some light rows that don't seem to bother it unless I do too many.

I remember from previous lifting experience that when my squat goes up the deads go up even without training it so I am not overly concerned with it for now.
    Then I understand what happened, myself I had a similar problem years ago when my right shoulder joint just got worse and painful, doctor said Frozen shoulder. I continued with training bench with some pain and very light weights. Took years to get back, but eventually I am today. Good luck Fred!
    And your squat has improved big time.

Quote Originally Posted by 57bergstrm View Post
    Then I understand what happened, myself I had a similar problem years ago when my right shoulder joint just got worse and painful, doctor said Frozen shoulder. I continued with training bench with some pain and very light weights. Took years to get back, but eventually I am today. Good luck Fred!
    And your squat has improved big time.

A frozen shoulder does not sound fun. Glad you got over that!

And my squat is finally making me smile.

11-9-2021 Tuesday

Squat
    070-5
    120-3
    170-3
    195-2
    215-1
    232-1*PR
    232-1
    235-1*PR
    207-4*PR

I have to say this was a very good day for me. All the weights were with good form. My planned back off set with 207x3 would have been a PR but I blew right through that and felt like I could have gotten 5 reps as I believe that I left 1 in the tank on all my top lifts today.

Quote Originally Posted by Fred J View Post
    11-9-2021 Tuesday

Squat
    070-5
    120-3
    170-3
    195-2
    215-1
    232-1*PR
    232-1
    235-1*PR
    207-4*PR

I have to say this was a very good day for me. All the weights were with good form. My planned back off set with 207x3 would have been a PR but I blew right through that and felt like I could have gotten 5 reps as I believe that I left 1 in the tank on all my top lifts today.
    Wow, very nice!!! Congrats!

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesepuff View Post
    I'm also a side sleeper. I've found a good tube pillow helps greatly with back and shoulder issues.
    Basically it supports your "higher knee" and keeps you reasonably aligned.
    I also fold (double) my My Pillow under my head to keep my neck aligned.
    The other thing that has been helping my sleep is Wim Hof Breathing.
    Between the two I'm a lot better off.
    Deck and gutter work... I can relate.
    Thanks for the suggestions. I will probably try something like you suggested.

Page 39 of 123 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989 ... LastLast