starting strength gym
Page 68 of 123 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078118 ... LastLast

Thread: Fred's modified SS Geezer log

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    or need help getting on or off the toilet Jerry. I want to hold that off for as long as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynJerry View Post
    I hope your feeling better. Maybe the dizziness was due to any medication your taking, dehydration or low sugar. It sure has been hot too. I recently wrote to a well known author on strength training who seems to specialize in older lifters,he is 65 himself.He wrote back saying he advises those over 60 to stay as lean and hard as possible and keep lifting to maintain muscle mass. He said you don't have to gain weight to get stronger,same thing Shugg told me. As far as the sqts go, just think how many people can't even sqt down to tie their shoes.
    Thanks Jerry I am feeling better so far today. Yesterday was a WTF day because I felt fine until I didn't. It may have been the heat. I will try to get stronger but I also know that I am better off than some. You take care as well and don't get too hot!
    Last edited by Fred J; 08-18-2022 at 03:40 PM.

I guess about 6 hours sleep did not help lifting today as I continued my disheartening backwards slide on the bench. 180-190 were max lifts. I may need to pay more attention to protein intake also. body weight 197.

Bench
    070-4
    120-3
    165-3
    180-2
    190-1
    170-3

Pulls
    120-3
    170-2
    220-2
    245-1...low back said no more
    220-5

I have not done many pulls for a while and they all felt good except 245.

8-17-2022 Wednesday

Squat
    070-3
    120-3
    170-3
    200-1-1-1

All I had time to do today.

I sure wish that I had continued training with an abbreviated program during the times in my life when the shit was hitting the fan. This seems like what Ripp is doing when he posted his workout recently.

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynJerry View Post
    I sure wish that I had continued training with an abbreviated program during the times in my life when the shit was hitting the fan. This seems like what Ripp is doing when he posted his workout recently.
    My short programs are out of necessity due to current physical limitations or time like yesterday.

I read some of the others routines on here and understand why some of them say they hurt all the time or feel low energy or are not making the progress they want. It boils down to recovery. None of us are that young.

I do not feel like I can add more and more an still progress. As I add in more conditioning maybe more but not a lot.

When in my twenties and thirtys I worked a physical job and did conditioning I never did over three lifts on two days a week but made good gains at times. I needed the SSLP at times back then to get me on track. That and not try to drink as much alcohol as I could.

Those are the days I miss. (Not the drinking. It turned out to be my own worse enemy)

Jerry you seem to be able to do several lifts per workout. Are you comfortable with your output level?
    Last edited by Fred J; 08-18-2022 at 03:47 PM.

I may do 3l ifts at most but not many sets.Not really getting much progress either. Had my grandson over yesterday and my godson today .
    At least someone is getting stronger in my garage.

8-18-2022 Thursday Weight 198

Bench
    070-3
    120-3
    160-3
    175-1
    190-2...smooth
    170-4

Took a break, had snack then...

Pulls
    120-3
    170-2
    220-3
    245-2
    220-3

That's all folks!

Heart rhythm doctor appt. tommorrow. Hoping for the best. I would like to get this crap over with!

Strong work, Fred!

Best of luck with the appointment tomorrow. We'd like for you to get this crap over with, too!

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Anders View Post
    Strong work, Fred!

Best of luck with the appointment tomorrow. We'd like for you to get this crap over with, too!
    Results of visit were two choices but long story short I will have an afib ablation to be performed on the last day of the month. IF things go correctly I should go in hospital at 10:30 am and out by 4pm. I had one of these almost 7 years ago for a similar issue so I know what to expect. I know I will not be able to lift for a while.