starting strength gym
Page 73 of 121 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583 ... LastLast

Thread: Fred's modified SS Geezer log

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    No lifting news but I am culling out some things not used enough to justify the cost so Netflix just got downgraded. I would really like to dump Youtube Tv but I cannot find my racing anywhere else. $65 a month...It started at $40 only a couple years ago it seems.
    Last edited by Fred J; 09-12-2022 at 08:31 AM.

I did the same thing with Sirius radio, Pandora is fine for free.

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynJerry View Post
    I did the same thing with Sirius radio, Pandora is fine for free.
    Yes some things are great for free. I ended up just downgrading my account to standard since we did not need multiple feeds anymore.

9-11-2022 Sunday

Weight 192
    Since mid June I have dropped 20 pounds.

Bench
    070-4
    120-3
    150-1
    160-3
    170-3

My second bench workout is up to 81% of 3 rep max old man PR of 210 when I weighed 205. Time will tell how high this can go at a lighter body weight and questionable health. If I could get my lower body lifts up it would be encouraging. I have skinny bird legs...lol.

Last edited by Fred J; 09-13-2022 at 11:05 AM.

9-14-2022 Wednesday

weight 191

Press
    020-4
    040-3
    040-3

Squat
    070-3
    120-3
    140-1
    160-1
    170-1
    170-1
    120-5

Limited some squat sets to single after getting light headed after the 120 set of 3. I postponed this workout yesterday due to a good bit of the same. Still having arrhythmia and other palpitations per EKG monitor I have. I am able to drop the weight belt down 3 holes which is 4". I have not been this light in at least 20 years or more. The press still feels a bit awkward to me but no strain doing these.

Way to keep lifting despite the situation. Stay smart about it.

Also, I should probably look at turning off some stuff now that I'm retired. Have to check that out.

Same w the services. Dumped dtv I started w $7/mo for sports and Sunday ticket. It just got more and more $ for less and less (would no longer give me sports only, I moved and restarted and a lot of stuff was gone). Now trying sling - we Can’t get all the racing - that’s on yt.tv? I’ll have to look. And nfl I was told we’d have w sling - we only have what’s on ESPN, I get the licensing and blackouts but it’s crazy now I’d have to get local channels that I prob can’t pick up. My bro got fubo supposed to be nfl he was getting nj Paramus catholic game instead of Steelers lololol

Idk why it’s not possible to buy ONLY what we want, like why does every service shove three Hallmark channels in your cart? I’ve never watched one.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesepuff View Post
    Way to keep lifting despite the situation. Stay smart about it.

Also, I should probably look at turning off some stuff now that I'm retired. Have to check that out.
    Thanks! Yes I have to think about how I have been feeling before lifting now more than ever.

Quote Originally Posted by granny View Post
    Same w the services. Dumped dtv I started w $7/mo for sports and Sunday ticket. It just got more and more $ for less and less (would no longer give me sports only, I moved and restarted and a lot of stuff was gone). Now trying sling - we Can’t get all the racing - that’s on yt.tv? I’ll have to look. And nfl I was told we’d have w sling - we only have what’s on ESPN, I get the licensing and blackouts but it’s crazy now I’d have to get local channels that I prob can’t pick up. My bro got fubo supposed to be nfl he was getting nj Paramus catholic game instead of Steelers lololol

Idk why it’s not possible to buy ONLY what we want, like why does every service shove three Hallmark channels in your cart? I’ve never watched one.

I just looked at Sling and did not see that much for the price and limited DVR. I complain about Youtube tv but it has unlimited DVR and all the F1, IMSA, Nascar and Indy car races including all practice sessions and I can watch when ever I want and do not have to watch live to "catch" it. It also records every NFL game that you can watch whenever and has a cool feature that you can watch the whole game just by key plays. Also the Olympic channel.

I originally got the Peacock channel (on Roku) to watch Dale Jr's new show "Lost Speedways" . Now I have it on and notice that it has IMSA, NASCAR and INDY car and a shit load of other sports which I do not watch that much but you or others might. I also think that it had the Olympic sports on it which I really like. (mainly the winter sports or the field events). I think it has a lot of football on there also. You might check it out as the basics are free and right now the premium is on special this month for $1.99 a month or $19.99 a year. That's not bad and I might go for that especially after this weekends Petit Le mans up the road here at Road Atlanta. It looks like the station to watch in its entirety. The F1 races are the ones that I was mainly referring to that I could not find elsewhere except for a dedicated app @ $80 a year on top of the other costs. I may or maynot check that out but I would have to dump Youtube tv to justify that.

Do you have a way to stream different apps? If so you can check the Peacock out for free.

9-15-2022 Thursday

Weight 192

Bench
    070-4
    120-3
    160-3
    172-3
    160-3

I have to compare now with this time 2 weeks ago and feel blessed even with the issues I still have.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred J View Post
    9-15-2022 Thursday

Weight 192

Bench
    070-4
    120-3
    160-3
    172-3
    160-3

I have to compare now with this time 2 weeks ago and feel blessed even with the issues I still have.
    Nice work. I know exactly what you mean with the lightheadedness etc, I'm sorry, its scary and I wouldn't wish that on anyone, its the bain of my existence now.

Had to rescue my SO a couple times, his workmates wondered how I got into the private club they're working at, its impossible without authorization, how'd I even find them?
    Cardiologist tried a stress test, panicked, 'get out of here, go to ER go to ER!, you're having a heart attack!" My SO told him this is multiple times a day, all the time, every day. I can SEE and feel it - and at times he'll have no energy, weak/fluttery beat - either way its struggling to do things.
    Just be careful; you're in my prayers.

Page 73 of 121 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583 ... LastLast