starting strength gym
Page 91 of 121 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293101 ... LastLast

Thread: Fred's modified SS Geezer log

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Similar to the ideas above, that's why I really like the 4-day Heavy/Light split outlined in BBRx.

It's the same lifts on the same day each week, but it's a three week cycle that increases intensity each week of the cycle, but drops the volume. So, for squats and presses, the total rep scheme goes 15/12/5 and the heavy pull goes 10/5/2. That works for me since I'm not interested in trying a bunch of variations that add complexity when the main lifts work for me.

Whichever path you choose, keep at it, Fred!

Thanks Bill...more to think about that's for sure.

I am thinking heavy Bench/Squat on Sunday with light Bench/heavy Pulls/light Squat on Wednesday for a two day lift week. After getting through with the rehab program you can still continue using the equipment there for a small monthly fee for a 2 or 3 day plan so I plan to do cardio only on Mon/Fri there I think. Doing it that way I will rest day before lift days. The light Bench day could also be inclined bench. Just thinking out loud here so I don't forget...ha ha.
    Last edited by Fred J; 03-28-2023 at 01:30 PM.

Today I walked 2 miles in 40 minutes. I bet I haven't walked 2 miles consecutively in 40 years. I used to walk/run regularly until the mid eighties then just stopped. Now I feel it is very needed after not enough activity for years. Well unless you consider beer drinking marathons an activity...
    Last edited by Fred J; 03-21-2023 at 06:03 PM.

I excel at both. The beer and the walk.

Get back into it slowly, yet steadily, Fred. It's yet another good activity and can take you far (pun intended).

I wear a low-tech step counter and try to average 10,000 steps a day. Easy when your wife is a nazi-walker and you have a dog. But I must say it helps me quite a bit and my joints rarely hurt now, despite right knee problems in the past. Walking gets downplayed by many and I think that's a mistake. I see my elder parents and their cohort and I never want to have trouble walking off a curb or getting up out of a chair. Lifting heavy things and moving are key.

Quote Originally Posted by IronMike View Post
    Walking gets downplayed by many and I think that's a mistake. I see my elder parents and their cohort and I never want to have trouble walking off a curb or getting up out of a chair. Lifting heavy things and moving are key.
    Yes I totally agree. I just wished I had been more diligent about it in the past.

3-24-2023 Friday

weight 197

Bench...17"
    070-3
    120-3
    160-4
    160-3
    160-6

Squat...high bar
    070-3
    120-3
    170-3
    180-2...bar killing spine
    140-3

This has not been a good week with a family pet being sick and had to be put down yesterday. I was sent home at the beginning of rehab Wednesday because of what they said was a dangerous heart rhythm. Crap! Probably stress lately.

The concentration for today was not there as you can tell with work set reps all over the place. I just needed to lift something as I have been tied up lately with other obligations.

Sorry to hear all of that, Fred.

Hopefully you were able to find a bit of respite under the bar.

Thanks Bill as I am coping much better today.

As IronMike said in a previous post...lift heavy things and keep moving so I will until I can't.

starting strength coach development program
    Sorry to hear about your pet, it's never an easy decision.

Page 91 of 121 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293101 ... LastLast