Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Cutting log: January-March 2020

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Tuesday 3/23/2021

Weigh-In: 269.8

Pulldowns 155x11x3

No squats today. Squat camp on sunday left with the worst DOMS I've had in a while, I was planning to have that count as my squat workout for this week anyway. Still wanted to get my pulldowns in, though. Weight was a bit disappointing, but at least technically I've broken into the 260s. I'll weigh myself on sunday I think to conclude this cut, and then it's time to start training for real again.

Thursday 3/25/2021

Press (the real deal) 115x5x1

Went to the gym to do the first real standing press set I've been able to do in over a year. Good to be back. I cut the weight down again due to different equipment and the change in the kinetic chain. I definitely overdid it though, I should've probably gone down to 125 for my work set, not 115. It felt like I was moving a real weight, but bar speed was constant throughout. The way I've been doing these isolated intensity sets they should slow down around rep 3 or 4. I should have just attempted one more set after a rest at 125, but the spirits of fucking around in the gym possessed me and I decided to do something wacky. I went to the dumbbell rack and burned through a crapton of lateral raise drop sets, 10 reps each. It was fun, I doubt it will provide anything meaningful as far as a training response though.

starting strength coach development program
    Friday 3/26/2021

Deadlift 315x5x1

Signed up for LA Fitness yesterday, and they slapped on some "introductory session". My girlfriend was curious to try it. I think she regretted it as much as I did. It consisted of getting BF tested with some goofy grip device and being told I have 30% bodyfat after losing 40 pounds (the fuck?), and then a ridiculous "workout" that made me feel stupid while doing it. There's supposedly a more proper lifting setup at another nearby locale, but since this was scheduled for today, I ended up deadlifting with stupid hex plates. Sucked, but I managed to do my set at 315 despite ending up with a fucked setup after every rep.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456