• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    As the title suggests

6'3"
    42 years old
    295lb
    Dad of 2 kids under 5
    UK

Not new to lifting having previously worked up to intermidiate, then went on the stereotypical cut because well, shit got hard, that's the honest truth.

Lifetime bests

Squat 501 x1, 450 X5, 420 5x5
    Bench 374 x1, 355 X3
    Deadlift 574 x1, 550 X3, 530 X5
    Press 253 x1, 220 x4

My bodyweight has shifted back and forth between 265 and 280.

Background

Jumped on the barbell bandwagon 2009 via Stronglifts, later found SS but hadn't read the book, just followed the rep scheme, learnt a bit from the video and this forum etc.

Did well and made great progress but as said went down aesthetic route, weights went backwards although occasionally I would train a particular movement while messing around with the others.

A couple injuries, a couple kids, a house move further impacted numbers over the years, like many people life just throws up things from time to time.

COVID and lockdowns meant I couldn't get to my gym which was next to my office in London ( I moved about 50 miles from the city)

Stopped training for the best part of 18 months, bodyweight went above 300 for the first time in my life, did some calisthenics stuff here and there when I could be bothered but finally joined a local gym as I'm more or less working from home indefinitely (I work in Digital Analytics)

So now I've gone back to basics, finally read the SS material properly and caught up with a bunch of articles and podcasts. Identified a bunch of mistakes I've made over the years, fair to say I'm older but wiser 😁

I've had to modify my LP due to only certain days I can get to the gym with childcare/work logistics

Time is at premium so my LP is basically

Day 1: Squat / Deadlift
    Day 2: Bench / Press

Will record my sessions in kg.

Squats are very light at the moment as they suffered the most over the years, it's the lift I pussied out on to be honest.

Last sessions were as follows:

Squat 125kg 3x5 Deadlift 180kg 1x5

Bench 115kg 3x5 Press 65kg 3x5

P.s prior to 2009 I trained in my teens and early 20's, so had some knowledge of barbell training.

Amateur boxed for a while then returned to lifting which is when I came across SL/SS

Welcome to the board. At 42, you're still a youngster (relatively speaking). Looking forward to your progress.

Thanks mate

Today's session

Bench 120kg 3x5
    Press 70kg 3x5

Bench warm ups felt horrible, terrible sleep as our 5 year jumped in our bed and kicked me all night, but by my second set everything felt good.