Bf -13,7%
    Fat-free mass- 159lbs
    Fat- 25lbs

Squat - 170lbs
    Deadlift - 235lbs
    Bench Press - 135lbs
    Press - 80lbs
    Power Clean - 115lbs

Onward to the 2nd month =) i've reached a nice weight and now it's hard work to get those lifts up.
    8lbs of good mass in one month?? not too shabby

It was funny because she was like: OMG you gained fat from all that milk, you're bloated, don't you wanna cut?
    I just smiled and said: It's easy to lose, i will aim to 200lbs then we start thinking about cutting. Her jaw dropped

I've gone to the doc and she told me that it's just the my good olf friend l4-l5 bulge in my back that got inflamated

I'll take some heavy doses of ibuprofen and do some high rep low load just to get form down until probably i'll be back to normal workout at saturdays or at monday.

I got better earlier than expected with ibuprofen and extra doses of fish oil =)

Today at the gym i did some overhead squats and shoulder dislocations and it's good to go.

Tomorrow is the expected 12th workout =) gahhh i'm so excited i'll probably won't even be able to sleep.

11/20/08
    12th workout

Squat - 3 x 5 170lbs SLOW
    1st set - 3 reps
    2nd set - 5 reps
    3rd set - 3 reps
    Press 3 x 5 85lbs FAST
    PowerCleans 5 x 3 120lbs FAST

After one week away from the gym, i was back and ready to squat, and paying super attention to the form, I've learnt that i wasn't with the best form and i will call it my first stall, have two more tries. It felt heavy like shit on the first, i did 3 and put it back, on the second i was much tighter t was heavy i did 5 reps but i shouldn't have made the 5th i felt like i ended cheating, on the third i couldn't do more than 3 =( On the last rep i felt i slightly strained my groin.

The rest was fine.

On the PowerClean i paid extra attention to my back and i really got the hang of making it more flat during the movement, it will sure help me with my deadlift.

11/22/08
    13th workout

Squat - 3 x 5 170lbs SLOW PR
    Bench Press - 3 x 5 140lbs FAST
    Deadlift - 1 x 6 245lbs FAST

I couldn't believe it, i started screaming loud around the gym, i broke that damn stall at 170lbs. It was tough, but my form improved a lot. ABSOLUTELY FUCKIN' BRILLIANT
    It was crazy, i was focused at moving that bar and it did, i haven't had a lot of sleep yesterday but i was able to do it.

I've learned to not just hold the bar, but to try crushing it apart in my hands, it made me feel much tighter.

The deadlift felt so easy that i lost my count in the middle and did 6 reps.

I'M SO HAPPY =)

I even ended breaking the bar while deadlifting, the PTs got pissed and said don't drop the bar like that.

I can't imagine when i get back to the OLD PR of 300lbs(it was just one rep and with SHITTY FORM, but to me it was a benchmark, i didn't know about form, and at that time my coach told it was good. Poor me, if i knew this book that time.)

11/23/08
    1st conditioning workout

I couldn't rest, i was so happy because i bought my big tire that i decided to use it today for my 1st cardio session.

I am really sore from deadlifting and squatting yesterday and i still decided to do it, just couldn't resist it.

Tire Flipping(352lbs)
    5 rounds of 45 seconds
    1:15 seconds rest

Can't wait to use my keg,sledge hammer and car pushing.

11/25/08
    14th workout

RAGE PR!!!!

Squat - 3 x 5 175lbs SLOW everything was cool, grinded last rep on the 3rd set, and almost fell while losing balance.
    Press 3 x 5 90lbs FAST RAGE PR
    PowerCleans 5 x 3 130lbs FAST RAGE PR

I'M FUCKING PISSED!!!
    I asked one PT to record my squat form and he was relutant, after he recorded it i asked if it was alright and he started explaining that i should squat on the SMITH FUCKIN MACHINE.

I promptly discorded and said i don't do THE MACHINES, he started saying about my squat form that it's too wide, that my hips go far back and that is bad for my joints that i would hurt my back, that a wide stance would hurt my knees, and i POLITELY said something along the lines: I do powerlifting squats you do olympic style squats you don't know what i'm talking about, squat once so i see your form and learn how to do it.
    He FUCKIN answered me: Oh you compete??? You are nowhere near the competition weights. I mean WHAT THE FUCK??? You are a fuckin PT you are supposed motivate me and help me, not laugh about the weight I lift and i bet he couldn't lift what i was lifting either, so i asked him if he could teach me how to PowerClean, he answered power what? then i resumed my training without anymore questions, but i was so enraged that i ended powercleaning with 10lbs more than expected. After thatI almost canceled my gym membership today, they don't even have a power rack and decent trainers.
    I mean, guys like that are the SCUMS who make us trainers have a bad name.
    ARGHH DIE MOTHER FUCKER!!!

ok, here are the videos, are there any flaws???

Squat 2nd set SIDE SHOT

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTA6P_WWC4g

Squat 3rd set BACK SHOT

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRQJ100wtn0

11/27/08
    15th workout

Squat - 3 x piece of crap 180lbs SLOW almost fell =(
    2 reps felt insecure and 2 rep went like shit.
    3 reps lost stability almost fell backwards and i don't have a rack to hold the bar
    3 reps had to call two spotters and failed on 3rd rep.
    Bench Press - 3 x 5 145lbs FAST
    Deadlift - 1 x 5 255lbs FAST went great!! i love dlifting.

holy crap after the workout i felt like i had been shanked on my back, a really deep knife wound like, anyway it probably it was from almost falling with 175lbs on my back and regaining balance and trying to muscle it like mad.

The rest were good, but holy shit i can't believe that 5 lbs on this workout made me wuss out on squats. i mean come on it's just 5 lbs.

Default squat form

First off, kudos for sticking with your program. The trainer at your gym seems like he sucks - screw him. At least your were able to channel your justifiable anger into some PR weight!

Anyway, from the side and back view of your squat, it looks pretty good. From the back, it seems like you start by pushing your knees out and dropping your hips down into the hole. I would suggest changing your foot position, specifically your toes. If that width feels good for you, stick with it, but I would try pointing my toes out less. It looks like you may have them out 45-50 degrees or so, try 25-30. That will allow you to sit back instead of dropping your hips down, but you should still hit the depth you have now. Should also help in maintaining balance. You'll get more power out of the hole that way too. Lastly, it looks like your elbows are pointing back. Try holding the bar so they are pointed towards the floor. This along with grip will help you control the bar, which may be a factor in your balance also. Good job squeezing your shoulders to make a tight base. Overall, strong sets.

Hope those suggestions help. Keep up the good work!

Peace

starting strength coach development program
    Yeah, I agree. Your form is for the most part pretty darned good. K.Diesel's tips are very good. I'm not sure I agree with him on the elbow position, but if you ever get elbow pain it's worth playing with.

It also seems like you could narrow the stance a tiny bit.

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast