starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nick's Return to Training

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Did you face any serious damage from the hurricane?

Good that you are back at it. You mentioned your weight but not your age or height. Would you share those?

The lockdown has paid havoc with my lifts even though I wasn't out that long. I'm beginning to think it's more psychological than physical. Friday Sully was feeling better from his radiation therapy for throat cancer. I know this because he yelled more. He said, "Stop being timid with the bar and dominate it." I think it worked. Both my Squat and my Deadlift were much easier. Some of my fellow lifters said I was regaining my "Athletic Arrogance." It mad this old timer feel pretty good.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by carson View Post
    Did you face any serious damage from the hurricane?

Good that you are back at it. You mentioned your weight but not your age or height. Would you share those?

The lockdown has paid havoc with my lifts even though I wasn't out that long. I'm beginning to think it's more psychological than physical. Friday Sully was feeling better from his radiation therapy for throat cancer. I know this because he yelled more. He said, "Stop being timid with the bar and dominate it." I think it worked. Both my Squat and my Deadlift were much easier. Some of my fellow lifters said I was regaining my "Athletic Arrogance." It mad this old timer feel pretty good.
    We were lucky. It stayed south and we missed the worst of it. There was a fair amount of damage in the neighborhood. Most of the east to west fences got torn out because of the strong south wind. We don't have a fence in that direction so we were spared any direct damage. Worst thing was power being out for about 24 hours, and that's nothing compared to what others had to deal with.

I'm 37 and 6'2". After this long layoff I feel like I've aged 10 years rather than 10 months.

And attacking the bar is something that I always kept in the back of my mind. One needs to be focused to maintain technical control, but sometimes you need a bit of anger to grind through a tough lift.

Good to see you still around, carson.

October 4, 2022 (Session 8)

Squat - 45x5x2, 135x5, 165x3, 205x5x3

And I had to cut it short. I ran out of time, plus Mrs. K requested a lunch run, so I wanted to be the helpful husband and oblige. Good news is, the squats felt great and I'm motivated for more.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12