• starting strength seminar august 2024
    Sunday 23/10
    Cgbp
    59,5kgx5x4
    BBRows
    57x8x3
    BBcurls
    25x8x3
    Having some golfers left elbow problem in a couple of month.
    Its not that bad but it just dont go away.
    Knee better but not good enough to load with barbell moves. I notice Im getting weak when I carried the winter wheels up the stairs from the basement.

Do you still wear those elbow sleeves when you lift? I hope things clear up for you cause it sucks not being able to do everything you want. I know believe me. What caused the problem with your knee?

I am starting to realize how my neighbor who turned 90 in August feels. I take his ACs up to his attic each year since he can't do it any longer. It's getting tough for me too.

Quote Originally Posted by Fred J View Post
    Do you still wear those elbow sleeves when you lift? I hope things clear up for you cause it sucks not being able to do everything you want. I know believe me. What caused the problem with your knee?
    No, Im just using a strapped band just believe the elbow, it seems to keep the inflamation from getting worse.
    At Night I use a liniment ”Linnex” and cover elbow with a wool sock that I cut away the part where the toes should be. It keeps the area warm and hopefully it helps the healing a little.
    I also started using the Captains of crush for grip strength after I heard Santana talk about how he used them to get his gripstrength up.

Quote Originally Posted by Fred J View Post
    No, Im just using a strapped band just believe the elbow, it seems to keep the inflamation from getting worse.
    At Night I use a liniment ”Linnex” and cover elbow with a wool sock that I cut away the part where the toes should be. It keeps the area warm and hopefully it helps the healing a little.
    I also started using the Captains of crush for grip strength after I heard Santana talk about how he used them to get his gripstrength up.
    The knee is a odd accident while tying a saiboat to a rocky shore. Two month ago I was standing just behind the forestay near the bow that was near a stone/ cliff. My son was standing there and I thought I just jump, but as I started I realised it was a bad idea. But the momentum made me lose balance and instead of falling on my side with head first I just stepped out in the air. Landed with my left foot in deep water but my right foot got caught in a pronated angör beetween two rocks just beneath the waterline so the weight of my body made me do a very fast decending one leg squat landing on my right heel with my ass.
    I thought I was done for a bad broken leg. But it was ok, pain in ankle and knee, but I could stand and walk back up on the boat. The ankle healed fast, but the knee is hurting on the left and right side of the patella. It also get swole the day after I walk more than 6000 steps or do squat/deadlift. I guess it will heal eventually and if it dont, I might talk to a ortophedian I know, or Meet with my PT.

Tuesday 25/10
    Did my weekly bench, cant remember the weight but I did my 4x5
    Thursday 27/10
    Press 35kgx5x4
    Chins 8,8,7
    Dips
    3x8
    Both withbands
    +Coc for hands

Quote Originally Posted by 57bergstrm View Post
    The knee is a odd accident while tying a saiboat to a rocky shore. Two month ago I was standing just behind the forestay near the bow that was near a stone/ cliff. My son was standing there and I thought I just jump, but as I started I realised it was a bad idea. But the momentum made me lose balance and instead of falling on my side with head first I just stepped out in the air. Landed with my left foot in deep water but my right foot got caught in a pronated angör beetween two rocks just beneath the waterline so the weight of my body made me do a very fast decending one leg squat landing on my right heel with my ass.
    I thought I was done for a bad broken leg. But it was ok, pain in ankle and knee, but I could stand and walk back up on the boat. The ankle healed fast, but the knee is hurting on the left and right side of the patella. It also get swole the day after I walk more than 6000 steps or do squat/deadlift. I guess it will heal eventually and if it dont, I might talk to a ortophedian I know, or Meet with my PT.
    I have had mixed results with curls and rows affecting my elbows. I try to remember to wear sleeves when I do any pressing movements to keep the elbows warm. I can do close grips now fairly painlessly.

Damn that was quite the fall. You're lucky that you did not hurt more body parts. Hopefully you can work in some very light squats to keep the blood flowing to the area without making the pain any worse.

Yes I just take it easywith the lower body until knee gets better over time, as it is now Im in pain almost every day. But there is some strain on the knee from benching, rowing and pressing, and thats enough for now.

I understand. My daughter fell last January and did not know it but cracked her kneecap. Don't stay in pain too long without getting it checked out. The winter weather coming will not help it either. Good luck with it!

starting strength coach development program
    Thanks Fred for your concern, its two month now and every other day it feels better just swing and get worse, but I hope and think it gets better over all, its two month now, and think connective tissue takes longer time to heal.

Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast