starting strength gym
Page 36 of 38 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 LastLast

Thread: Bergstrom -51. Man training for health&strength

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Looking back I do remember when reading your post on Thursday that you deadlifted for a second time in five days. You normally only pull once a week if I remember correctly. Was that planned or did you get out of order somehow?

Quote Originally Posted by Fred J View Post
    Looking back I do remember when reading your post on Thursday that you deadlifted for a second time in five days. You normally only pull once a week if I remember correctly. Was that planned or did you get out of order somehow?
    Your right there Fred, to much to soon!

Thursday
    25/4-24
    Squat
    107,5kgx1
    72,5x5x2
    Bench
    73x4x3
    Missed tuesday training.
    Today just doing it, no motivation.

Well you motivate me to catch your squat. Mine is behind yours...again.

I also can relate to this post where you said:
    Quote Originally Posted by 57bergstrm View Post
    Tuesday 16/4-24

Training is not good, to much work and other doings this time of year. Recovery and motivation is low.
    Maybe it's time to adopt your "summer training" routine at times like this. Just a thought. For a while?

Well you motivate me to catch your squat. Mine is behind yours...again.

I also can relate to this post where you said:

Maybe it's time to adopt your "summer training" routine at times like this. Just a thought. For a while?
    Maybe/maybe not?
    I try to carry on, but lower my expectations for a while. It may work for a while.

Sunday
    28/4-24
    DL blockpull
    130kgx5
    Press
    40kgx3,2,2,3
    This was an ok session

Quote Originally Posted by 57bergstrm View Post
    Maybe/maybe not?
    I try to carry on, but lower my expectations for a while. It may work for a while.
    I hope it works for you. I only did one lift today. I would run out of energy otherwise. The younger me could handle much more work output. Is that your problem also?

I hope it works for you. I only did one lift today. I would run out of energy otherwise. The younger me could handle much more work output. Is that your problem also?
    Yes, its like Im a different animal. Recovery takes more time, get tired sooner when doing hard labor. Pain when I get tired, move slower when Im tired. Everything is harder when it comes to physical work. Watching TV, no problem for hours 🤗!!

Hello Lars, I have no interest in CrossFit, I just strive to keep an all-around balance with my training. My main priority is holding onto what strength I can as I age. I consider my training old-school for the most part, so there are certain exercises I try to keep in my workouts. I like the response I've been getting from the DB pullovers, and they seem to work well after my squats.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by fiftyfit View Post
    Hello Lars, I have no interest in CrossFit, I just strive to keep an all-around balance with my training. My main priority is holding onto what strength I can as I age. I consider my training old-school for the most part, so there are certain exercises I try to keep in my workouts. I like the response I've been getting from the DB pullovers, and they seem to work well after my squats.
    I think you are doing great, thats a hard work your putting in. I dont have access to DB, just my barbell in the basement. I have a plan for next winter, perhaps put in some money for a gym membership and mix in some variations an extra day once a week.

Page 36 of 38 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 LastLast