starting strength gym
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit"

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Speedy,

I understand your motivation to be in the gym all the time. When i was your age, i basically lived in the gym. At least once per day up to 7 days per week. the fact of the matter is however, that at your stage of development, SS is the best thing you can be doing, and you have to remember that the goal is to get bigger and stronger, not to accumulate hours in the gym. I didn't realize this myself until several years ago. I wasted alot of good years doing things that were hard, and training my ass off, but not exactly getting me any stronger. I train less now than i ever have, and i am stronger now than i have ever been. All I can say is that I wish i had had SS around when I was your age, even though i doubt I would have had sense enough to follow it. Go forth young jedi, and know you are on the right path.

Quote Originally Posted by KSC View Post
    Speedy,
    Go forth young jedi, and know you are on the right path.
    haha ya, i plan on sticking with the routine for a long long time. for Xmas im ganna ask for the SS 2nd Edition and some 1.25 plates so i can do the routine the proper way.

NEWS
    I've just registered at fitday.com. Its a great site! I am now going to start updating my food intake, and posting it here.

Today's Nutrition
    Protein: 245.7 23%
    Carbs: 406.7 37%
    Fats: 194.4
    Calories: 4,534

Thats a lot of calories. I just added all my food just now so I might have added a little too much of something. Ill see what the breakdown is the next couple days to figure out about what I'm eating.

Default Workout #5

Squat: 122x3x5
    Bench: 94.5x3x5
    Deadlift: 133x1x5

Yesterdays's Nutrition
    Protein: 281.7 27%
    Carbs: 505.1 48%
    Fats: 118.6 25%
    Calories: 4,211

NEWS
    So I had nothing to do today so I went onto youtube and looked up some Mark Rippetoe videos. I saw one about leg drive on the bench. I relized I've never focused on leg drive before, and I couldnt wait until next wednesday to try it. So I maxed out today. I got up to 155! a 15 pound increase just from tweaking my form a little. Can't wait to get to my 185 goal!

Go to crossfit.com and look at the schedule for basic barbell certifications. If one is coming anywhere near you,take the time and go to it. All your lifts will be clsoe to perfect by the end of the weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by KSC View Post
    Go to crossfit.com and look at the schedule for basic barbell certifications. If one is coming anywhere near you,take the time and go to it. All your lifts will be clsoe to perfect by the end of the weekend.
    I would love to go to get my form perfect, but if they are $250-$1000 dollars, Ill never be able to go. Thanks for the advice though.

starting strength coach development program
    Cardio
    Forgot to mention that yesterday I ran a mile. First time I've run since football! felt great and horrible.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast