starting strength gym
Page 100 of 2422 FirstFirst ... 509098991001011021101502006001100 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 24219

Thread: Joined a new gym last night. Hilarious

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by bob g View Post
    I just realized that I have passed a milestone, crossed a bridge, endured a life moment; I have never heard of these groups and generally consider hip hop as nothing but noise. I have turned into my grandparents. I am firmly, permanently fixed in “get off my lawn” mode.
    You're not getting old, bob. You just have taste

I just realized that I have passed a milestone, crossed a bridge, endured a life moment; I have never heard of these groups and generally consider hip hop as nothing but noise. I have turned into my grandparents. I am firmly, permanently fixed in “get off my lawn” mode.
    bob g, you're welcome to lift in my garage anytime.

Have been reading these posts for a while, but just had my first experience with unsolicited advice from a guy at the local Y.

"Hey guy ... your stance is too wide and your feet are too angled ... you want to hit these [pointing to his quads]."

When I explained to him what I was doing he said something along the lines of "Well ... sometimes its good to listen to people."

I thanked him and proceeded to ignore his advice.

I'm not surprised.

Frankly, with all the over-produced, over-engineered CRAP that passes for "hip hop" these days, most of these great artists are completely unknown to the mainstream.

How the fuck could I forget Roots? And what about Digable Planets -they were only around for a minute but their shit was groundbreaking. And The Coup, as well...

This stuff (A Tribe Called Quest, KRS One, Talib Kweli & MOS DEF -and Black Star, et-al) is just great music.

Also, Gang Starr, DAS EFX...

Many of them aren't around anymore and haven't been in a while. Flow Rida', Lil Wayne and that Soulja Boy bullshit can't hold a candle to those guys.

I want to see Lil Wayne hit by a bus for what he has done to the music industry.

Very few of the old talent stuck around to the new glamour crowd.

Many of the old talent was shot or died of aids.

Last week while getting off the squat rack, two lifters in their 20s jumped on and got ready to squat...by wrapping a yoga mat around the bar. What made it worse, was then it wasn't even wrapped tight...it was all loose and hanging over the kids shoulder and down his back. I wish I had a camera on me. Priceless

Quote Originally Posted by MazdaMatt View Post
    I want to see Lil Wayne hit by a bus for what he has done to the music industry.

Very few of the old talent stuck around to the new glamour crowd.

Many of the old talent was shot or died of aids.
    You know what else pisses me off!? Punk Rock.

I remember playing an earlier version of Tony Hawk's Pro Skater, a few years ago with a buddy of mine. Rap was playing on the soundtrack and I jokingly asked him "Hey Stef, since when did Rap and skateboarding go together?"

...and he said "When Punk started to suck."

And I hate to say this, but he's right.

We have bands like Good Charlotte. They sell Misfits t-shirts at the mall now. Soccer moms are getting tattoos and listening to Fall out Boy.

It's all a far cry from great bands like Black Flag, The Germs, Dead Kennedys, Corrosion of Conformity, Dead Boys ... It's almost as if it's en-vogue to look rebellious, now.

A sad state of affairs.

*** I'm sorry my ranting is off topic. I'll try to bring it back around by saying I can't live without my iPod. On the rare occasion when I do see some 170 lb. jackass hop on the incline bench after checking out his pump and blowing kisses to himself in the mirror it's nice to not have to listen to Green Day or Panic At The Disco while it's happening. That'd just add insult to injury.
    Last edited by gamedog; 07-16-2010 at 09:25 AM. Reason: added in apology for being off-topic.

Quote Originally Posted by gamedog View Post
    You know what else pisses me off!? Punk Rock.

I remember playing an earlier version of Tony Hawk's Pro Skater, a few years ago with a buddy of mine. Rap was playing on the soundtrack and I jokingly asked him "Hey Stef, since when did Rap and skateboarding go together?"

...and he said "When Punk started to suck."

And I hate to say this, but he's right.

We have bands like Good Charlotte. They sell Misfits t-shirts at the mall now. Soccer moms are getting tattoos and listening to Fall out Boy.

It's all a far cry from great bands like Black Flag, The Germs, Dead Kennedys, Corrosion of Conformity, Dead Boys ... It's almost as if it's en-vogue to look rebellious, now.

A sad state of affairs.

*** I'm sorry my ranting is off topic. I'll try to bring it back around by saying I can't live without my iPod. On the rare occasion when I do see some 170 lb. jackass hop on the incline bench after checking out his pump and blowing kisses to himself in the mirror it's nice to not have to listen to Green Day or Panic At The Disco while it's happening. That'd just add insult to injury.
    Too often people(especially kids) think that whatever is new is better. The Stooges and MC5 are on my ipod, even though the shit is 40 years old and came out when I was 3; PE and NWA are also on there. My AK-47 is a 60-year old design and still the most popular assault rifle in the world. My brother just picked up a Christian Hosoi Hammerhead OG which I plan on stealing, even though I don't skate anymore.

The common theme here is it's all good(not new) shit.

I saw a 150kg Jim Wendler style power clean at the gym today. It was awesome.

starting strength coach development program
    We made it to 1000 posts. This thread rules.