starting strength gym
Page 1001 of 2422 FirstFirst ... 501901951991999100010011002100310111051110115012001 ... LastLast
Results 10,001 to 10,010 of 24218

Thread: Joined a new gym last night. Hilarious

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Dastardly View Post
    its cool that you live in a place where something as niche as a "climbing gym" can exist.
    http://www.redpointclimbingcentre.co.uk/

Random boy (he could not have been older than 18) at the gym starts talking to me today, for no apparent reason (didn't want a spot, to work in, ask for advice). Just starts telling me about himself.

Said he was from fuck in the middle of nowhere, I honestly can't remember where, and that most people just work out at the Y for $20/month. But there's also an Anytime Fitness for $35/month, which is considered expensive as hell. Here in Manhattan, $75/month is about the equivalent of $20 everywhere else, so I'm wondering why he's telling me this. No idea. Then he goes on to say that the Y is pretty good, but all it has are the old weights, none of the new stuff like Bosu balls.

He then goes on to press 20lbs on the shoulder press selectorized, while he tells me how he used to fitness model till he threw his back out this summer. Then on to the selectorized tricep, which he uses standing up with 1 plate, and basically throws the handles down.

The funniest thing about this all was how long he kept talking after I stopped even looking at him anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by niclane View Post
    That is an indoor climbing centre, not a climbing gym. I have been there.

Don't be a petty tit dastardly. I do part time personal training out of PG climbing gym/centre in Belmont, CA.

All they have in terms of training equipment there is a chining bar & some dip bars. I would hardly call that a gym.

Even real gyms in my city are awful. You are lucky to find one area in which you can squat.

Quote Originally Posted by Dastardly View Post
    That is an indoor climbing centre, not a climbing gym. I have been there.
    'Round these parts they are also referred to as a "climbing gym". Some even have a very small weight section with a treadmill or two so people can get part of their membership paid by their company and/or health insurance.

Well in these here parts the one i work at has a rack and bench. The sunnyvale location has a crossfit box and the SF one has squat stands and bumpers. Pretty legitimate gym no?

Quote Originally Posted by droidicus View Post
    'Round these parts they are also referred to as a "climbing gym". Some even have a very small weight section with a treadmill or two so people can get part of their membership paid by their company and/or health insurance.
    Right, this. Although it sounds from Paul's post as though there are, in fact, some places with legit strength training equipment that also offer climbing, "climbing gym" is synonymous with "indoor climbing center." Except nobody says "indoor climbing center" here. Maybe it's a cookie/pants/french fries thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
    Random boy (he could not have been older than 18) at the gym starts talking to me today, for no apparent reason (didn't want a spot, to work in, ask for advice). Just starts telling me about himself.

Said he was from fuck in the middle of nowhere, I honestly can't remember where, and that most people just work out at the Y for $20/month. But there's also an Anytime Fitness for $35/month, which is considered expensive as hell. Here in Manhattan, $75/month is about the equivalent of $20 everywhere else, so I'm wondering why he's telling me this. No idea. Then he goes on to say that the Y is pretty good, but all it has are the old weights, none of the new stuff like Bosu balls.

He then goes on to press 20lbs on the shoulder press selectorized, while he tells me how he used to fitness model till he threw his back out this summer. Then on to the selectorized tricep, which he uses standing up with 1 plate, and basically throws the handles down.

The funniest thing about this all was how long he kept talking after I stopped even looking at him anymore.
    He was trying to pick you up.

starting strength coach development program
    I taught a strength coach how to snatch!!!