starting strength gym
Page 103 of 2422 FirstFirst ... 353931011021031041051131532036031103 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 24219

Thread: Joined a new gym last night. Hilarious

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic Kirkland View Post
    If he does lots of heavy half-squats he may have some ripped quads, but his hammies will be puny.
    it is easy to spot if a guy has no hammies. it is hard to explain but it is distinguishable.

Today a doctor told me to stop taking so much protein. He said it was going to destroy my kidneys..........

I love how doctors tell people have to live to be healthy, yet, it is quite clear for most of them that from their pot bellies, twig-man pensioner physiques and eccentric-sleep deprived behaviour that they dont take that advice themselves.

Talking *facepalm*

My facebook status: "I think I will go to the gym tonight and look at the weights since I'm not allowed to lift/workout for 8 more days."

Response from 6' 165lb coworker: "why don't you just work out in your room"

My response: "You're a fucking idiot"

Quote Originally Posted by drewcarroll2 View Post
    My facebook status: "I think I will go to the gym tonight and look at the weights since I'm not allowed to lift/workout for 8 more days."

Response from 6' 165lb coworker: "why don't you just work out in your room"

My response: "You're a fucking idiot"
    You're a dick. He was trying to be helpful, and he actually gave you good advice(push-ups and pistols squats are good for you), but you call him a fucking idiot. Get off your high chair and don't think you're any better than him just because you do barbell strength training.

On topic; I get mocked because I take a big gulp of air before doing heavy lifts.... The Capt. Upper-bodybuilding crew is really starting to get on my nerves.

Quote Originally Posted by Eivind View Post
    You're a dick. He was trying to be helpful, and he actually gave you good advice(push-ups and pistols squats are good for you), but you call him a fucking idiot. Get off your high chair and don't think you're any better than him just because you do barbell strength training.

On topic; I get mocked because I take a big gulp of air before doing heavy lifts.... The Capt. Upper-bodybuilding crew is really starting to get on my nerves.
    Touche salesman, touche.

Quote Originally Posted by simonsky View Post
    check his legs. you could see his strength that way.
    I'm woefully inexperienced in checking out dudes' legs. Do you have some pointers?

Quote Originally Posted by Eivind View Post
    If you push "Mr.Top Heavy", he will probably topple over. Try that. Either that or drop your last rep on the deadlift, his chicken legs will crumble under the impact.

We actually have five squat racks at the university gym I go to, and they're fairly popular. But I'm always amazed at how poorly people squat. I've never seen more quarter/half squats in my life. You know the kind - when all the weight is on the toes, watching the knees buckle. I mean, dude, you're destroying your knees and you keep increasing the weight. That's what kills me, too, is how much weight they put on it. I see this 5'6'' 160 pound guy stacking on 3 plates and then some, only to slightly bend his knees. Of course he gets a random gym rat to come 'spot' him, who of course is 'impressed' by the amount of weight that's on, completely oblivious to just how wrong the form is.

After barbell training, it has started to bother me a bit. But there's always a guy or two in there willing to ask for help on the deadlift/squat. So it's not all bad, I guess.

starting strength coach development program
    Its threads like these that make me simultaneously happy and sad I workout in my humid hot garage in South Florida. The only other 'gym goers' I see on a regular basis are the 'palmetto bugs' (euphemism for cockaroaches) and silverfish that share the corner with the power rack.

Remember workouting out at the local LA Fitness and seeing a guy use a yoga mat on his chest to bounce the bar off during his bench press. It was "so he wouldn't hurt his chest". Also saw a girl doing squats in the Smith machine, with her toes pointed exactly 90 degrees out, as if she were an Egyptian hieroglyph. Seemed like some sort of fertility dance.