starting strength gym
Page 104 of 2422 FirstFirst ... 454941021031041051061141542046041104 ... LastLast
Results 1,031 to 1,040 of 24219

Thread: Joined a new gym last night. Hilarious

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahadur View Post
    Also saw a girl doing squats in the Smith machine, with her toes pointed exactly 90 degrees out, as if she were an Egyptian hieroglyph. Seemed like some sort of fertility dance.
    She might have been a dancer.

You can almost always pick out ballet dancers by their lower bodies, especially their mangled feet, muscular calves, and the fact that their feet tend to point out at all times.

Guy in shorts that shouldn't be worn by men, like these were spandex and only covered as low as his ass, alternating 1/4 sumo squats, half lunges and 180 degree spinning jumps, I was discontented.

Quote Originally Posted by Bahadur View Post
    Also saw a girl doing squats in the Smith machine, with her toes pointed exactly 90 degrees out, as if she were an Egyptian hieroglyph. Seemed like some sort of fertility dance.
    This is all the rage in women's magazines right now. Plie squats. As seen recently on failblog (except done on toes for some reason)

http://failblog.org/2010/07/19/epic-...position-fail/

Quote Originally Posted by MazdaMatt View Post
    This is all the rage in women's magazines right now. Plie squats. As seen recently on failblog (except done on toes for some reason)

Good adductor stretch though.

But wouldn't do them in public.

65 lb squat for a set of 10 by a tall, skinny gentleman. They are high, of course, and every time he squat down, his hands open up and his arms slide down all the way to the plates. Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Marotta View Post
    Guy in shorts that shouldn't be worn by men, like these were spandex and only covered as low as his ass....
    Tell that to this guy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xFm9q1HBKY

Quote Originally Posted by Carnivroar View Post
    Yes, but he's strong enough to do whatever he wants.

Quote Originally Posted by MazdaMatt View Post

Holy crap. That is what she was doing! I guess I'm behind on my wife's "Women's Health" magazines.

Speaking of, those magazines never cease to amaze me. So many misconceptions about weight-training. The 'routines' they have in there to help 'tone' are ri-dunk-ulous. Alot of isolation stuff with high reps (for the tone) etc etc. While this shouldn't suprise us it is unfortunate because many women (and EDUCATED women) mistakenly believe this fluff. Although I will give them some credit for at least admitting that touching weights won't turn you into Ms. Olympia.

Fitness and Weght Loss magazines don't want you to be fit or lose weight. They want to sell magazines. How the fuck are you supposed to sell weight loss magazines if all the fatties get slim after your first issue?

starting strength coach development program
    Dude supersetting cable curls with cable tricep pulldowns, yawning uncontrollably.

On a positive note, saw a couple of guys powercleaning. They weren't doing it right, but then neither do I let's be fair. I've now witnessed 4 of the 5 SS lifts in my gym. Still haven't seen anyone do a standing press.