starting strength gym
Page 1101 of 2422 FirstFirst ... 1016011001105110911099110011011102110311111151120116012101 ... LastLast
Results 11,001 to 11,010 of 24219

Thread: Joined a new gym last night. Hilarious

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    I think ecj is referring to programs like Team In Training. They organize training and events with the profits going to charity.

Quote Originally Posted by ecj View Post
    I worked for a few years for a charity endurance training program that will remained unnamed. Everyone made fun of our people. Constantly. It was pretty pathetic.

I probably wouldn't make fun of curl bros if they were doing it for charity.
    If it was team in training it would be rad if you could tell them to stop riding/walking 3 wide as slow as possible on the bike path. The rest of us non-charitable jerks have places we are trying to get to.

Quote Originally Posted by cwd View Post
    I did that at they YMCA once. Since I always look stupid in the gym, I went ahead and squatted (badly) in blue jeans.
    I've had to do this, twice.
    1) About a month ago. Opened the gym-bag in the changeroom, only to realize that the work-out pants were still at home, in the dryer.
    2) June, 2012. Was squatting in those thin-material vinyl gym-pants. Got down below parallel on rep #3, and heard: Riiiippppppp! No one was in the immediate area, so I finished rep 4, and 5. Fortunately, wearing boxer-briefs which were the same color as the torn pants, helped in my concealment as I walked, from rack to changeroom.

Both incidents, I just put on my jeans, and continued. (Not wearing pants like the BeeGees comes in handy in these emergencies.) And, yes, you do squat badly. You can get to depth, but you must do the descent at an annoyingly slower rate. If you go down to quickly, while trying to throw your knees out...Riiiippppppp! (Only this time around, you would have no back-up plan. Luckily, I haven't had to figure out what that plan "C" would be, yet.)

M-T

Quote Originally Posted by ecj View Post
    I probably wouldn't make fun of curl bros if they were doing it for charity.
    This made me LOL. I could only imagine a curling charity. A bunch of guys in the gym doing curl reps for some charity organization. Kinda like a walk-a-thon, only instead of getting donations for miles they would get donations for reps. I think I'd still have to laugh at that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Músculo-Tonto View Post
    Got down below parallel on rep #3, and heard: Riiiippppppp!
    Blowing out a pair of pants squatting should be considered an achievement. The gym should give out merit badges for this, to sew on your warmup hoodie.

Quote Originally Posted by wes View Post
    If it was team in training it would be rad if you could tell them to stop riding/walking 3 wide as slow as possible on the bike path. The rest of us non-charitable jerks have places we are trying to get to.
    Case in point.

Quote Originally Posted by cwd View Post
    Blowing out a pair of pants squatting should be considered an achievement. The gym should give out merit badges for this, to sew on your warmup hoodie.
    Hmmm. You may be on to something, here.
    Or: Perhaps use the merit badge as a patch, and repair your blown-out pants with a good ol'-fashioned sewing job.

M-T

Reverse lunge + kettle bell held in a rack position + one arm cable row. I really think I've missed the bus with this functional business.

Greg Plits Legit Legs Workout;

starting strength coach development program
    Leg is [...] one of those muscles that it's very easy to injure yourself from