starting strength gym
Page 111 of 2422 FirstFirst ... 11611011091101111121131211612116111111 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,110 of 24218

Thread: Joined a new gym last night. Hilarious

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by JM3 View Post
    I think a good twist on this forum would be to tell the stupidest thing YOU HAVE ever done in the gym... especially original stuff. (like Im not counting the trainer having me press on a swiss ball)

mine was- practicing punches with dumbells while supersetting cable crossovers...
    That thread is here - http://startingstrength.com/resource...ad.php?t=14297

Quote Originally Posted by j2times View Post
    You forget that they are broscientists.
    broscientists indeed.

Leather full-fingered gardening gloves and a suicide grip on the bench press. Just waiting for this 45y/o chicken-legged fattie to crush his throat.

Default Base Gym

I was doing Dead lift yesterday. Barefoot because I only have running shoes. I appearantly was doing everything wrong. Guy comes over and tells me to put on my shoes. Not for hygiene, but to protect my feet from dropped weights *face palm*

While doing the Dead lifts on a platform, yes, a platform, the same guy from the shoes come over and tells me not to drop the weights, I told him I didn't drop the weight, I controlled it on the way down, and I asked him when the last time he dead lifted 315lbs was. He said never, I told him when he can pick it up he can tell me how to put it back down, then I explained what a platform was for, and if I was supposed to gently place everything back on the ground they wouldn't have one. Then he told me I was to loud and it was gym etiquet to be quiet. The next rep I did I yelled at the top of my lungs and dropped the weight (incidentally the easiest double overhand pull of 315 I have ever had). He went to get his boss. She never came and he followed me around the gym for like 30 fucking minutes pointing at the rule sign and telling me "oh, she is coming, she is on the phone"

Old guy, like 55-60, real fat comes up to me and my friend when we are doing power cleans, on a platform, and I swear to god this is what he said, "you need to stop throwing those weights, if it is to heavy for you maybe you shouldn't be lifting it, and that platform isn't made for that, it is for people to pose on and look at themselves in the mirror." I told him that if he wanted to show me how to clean 200 and put it down all sweet he could go ahead and do that, and then I explained to HIM what a lifting platform is for.

WTF is up with these guys?

My gym now has a sign on the squat rack - no curls in the squat rack.

This morning, guy is doing curls in front of the squat rack, after setting hooks on the outside of the rack to hold the bar between sets.

Quote Originally Posted by foosion View Post

This morning, guy is doing curls in front of the squat rack, after setting hooks on the outside of the rack to hold the bar between sets.
    Gotta admire a rules lawyer!

Quote Originally Posted by foosion View Post

Nice. As Rollins once said, "so many people should just get killed."

I was at a community dinner tonight and there is a large man (mid 40's) across the room. I know he lifts so I went and talked with him. Apparantly he squats 600+ Deadlifts 500 and benches 500 pounds. I don't know how he benches so much.

When I would tell him what I can lift his standard answer was always, "I bench more than that". Thanks for the encouragment BUDDY!

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Kovtunovich View Post
    Nice. As Rollins once said, "so many people should just get killed."
    I don't know if I'm missing something here, but is the Lifting Henry Rollins the same as the Music Henry Rollins?

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Marotta View Post
    I don't know if I'm missing something here, but is the Lifting Henry Rollins the same as the Music Henry Rollins?
    Indeed, also the comedian Henry Rollins.