starting strength gym
Page 1351 of 2422 FirstFirst ... 3518511251130113411349135013511352135313611401145118512351 ... LastLast
Results 13,501 to 13,510 of 24219

Thread: Joined a new gym last night. Hilarious

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Two things. A member of an NBA team kneeling on a yoga ball and juggling. When asked why he was incredibly confident in his reasons for doing so! Another is a firefighter that comes in for what I suspect is pushing towards six months now and attempts to bench 315. At least twice a week. He never does anything that will help get him that rep.

I stopped loaning out my chalk when the jackass who asked to use it flung it through the air like he was Lebron fucking James.

Quote Originally Posted by King of the Jews View Post
    Bro kept asking me how many more sets I had (in squat rack. Was doing press). He knew the bro and she-brah in the rack next to me. On the 3-4th time, I told him I had two more but might add a set. After I finish one set, he walks up, glances at me, nonchalantly tosses his hoody in the squat rack and walks away. Before that he came up to me when I was telling a nice bro there about how annoying this guy was, interrupted by asking how much longer. Told him I might have a cool.down set....made him wait an extra 10-15 minutes. By that time his friends left and he took their rack.

I'm done with douchebros.
    I wish we could lift together. Your response to gym nonsense and subsequent anger. - My respect is greatly growing, you shithead young punk.

M-T

Bro kept asking me how many more sets I had (in squat rack. Was doing press). He knew the bro and she-brah in the rack next to me. On the 3-4th time, I told him I had two more but might add a set. After I finish one set, he walks up, glances at me, nonchalantly tosses his hoody in the squat rack and walks away. Before that he came up to me when I was telling a nice bro there about how annoying this guy was, interrupted by asking how much longer. Told him I might have a cool.down set....made him wait an extra 10-15 minutes. By that time his friends left and he took their rack.

You should have thanked him, picked up his hoodie and used it to clean the sweat/chalk off the bar. Very considerate of him to provide for you like that.

Bro kept asking me how many more sets I had ...
    I suppose offering him to work in was not an option.

IPB

It didn't seem like he was being an overt jackass. Maybe we had to be there. If he was literally asking you after each set, then that would get annoying, but at the same time, you don't have to string him along either.

as soon as I answered how many sets, he instantly turned and walked away. I take that as a sign of not wanting to work in.
    Fair enough.

IPB

At my current gym everyone uses the excuse of "but I want to go heavy" for not wanting to work in with squats. But when its finally their turn they do 1/8th rom squats.

I have failed...maybe ill just stack a bunch of plates on it next time.

Piss on it. (That joke works on several levels.)

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Dastardly View Post
    At my current gym everyone uses the excuse of "but I want to go heavy" for not wanting to work in with squats.
    I had that once. I told the guy that we could add weight for his sets, and take weight off for mine (I was doing jerks). Worked a charm.

IPB