starting strength gym
Page 1359 of 2422 FirstFirst ... 3598591259130913491357135813591360136113691409145918592359 ... LastLast
Results 13,581 to 13,590 of 24219

Thread: Joined a new gym last night. Hilarious

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Had a guy walk up to me while I was between squat sets and just start talking. Out of the blue. No previous conversation or interaction whatsoever. It went like this:

Him: "I don't like it when people call other people sissies. It has a really negative connotation, and it's really unnecessary."
    Me: "Who called who a sissy?"
    Him: "No one, but I really don't like it. I guess it goes back to the 50s, kids used to say that all the time. It has really negative connotations, kinda like calling black people the N word. I mean, I didn't really get called a sissy, but it seems like the ones who did grew up to get better paying jobs than the other kids."

At this point I just got under the bar and started squatting. He went away.

Quote Originally Posted by Root View Post
    At this point I just got under the bar and started squatting. He went away.
    This guy sounds like a real sissy.

The guy was using my cage to do some legit exercises. I watched him do squats almost to depth, overhead presses, high pulls, and some kind of fucked up deadlift variation. Thing is, he never loaded up more than 85 lbs for any of them. So I was thinking to myself "this guy's a sissy, but at least he's doing real exercises."

Maybe my inner monologue is broken? Come to think of it...am I saying this out loud right now?

Quote Originally Posted by Simma Park View Post
    Incidentally, it is often great fun to watch Rip fuck with snooty transplants to New York who wait on him in restaurants and assume he's a hick because of how he talks.
    I would love to see this.

Quote Originally Posted by Root View Post
    The guy was using my cage to do some legit exercises. I watched him do squats almost to depth, overhead presses, high pulls, and some kind of fucked up deadlift variation. Thing is, he never loaded up more than 85 lbs for any of them. So I was thinking to myself "this guy's a sissy, but at least he's doing real exercises."

Maybe my inner monologue is broken? Come to think of it...am I saying this out loud right now?
    I think you are forgetting the punchline. Was it you?

Quote Originally Posted by tobo View Post
    I would love to see this.
    I remember once he wanted to get a wine recommendation from a waitress who REALLY had no interest in waiting on us at all. And he could totally tell that she was calculating what price point he was likely to pay for instead of paying attention to his description of what he wanted in a wine.

And he just looked right at her with an innocent expression on his face and, at a booming volume and in a particularly Texas-inflected manner, said something along the lines of, "Ah'll pay for a nice bottle. Ah have lots of money."

I don't really know how I managed to keep a straight face.

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorWho View Post
    I think you are forgetting the punchline. Was it you?
    I ain't no sissy.

I remember once he wanted to get a wine recommendation from a waitress who REALLY had no interest in waiting on us at all. And he could totally tell that she was calculating what price point he was likely to pay for instead of paying attention to his description of what he wanted in a wine.

And he just looked right at her with an innocent expression on his face and, at a booming volume and in a particularly Texas-inflected manner, said something along the lines of, "Ah'll pay for a nice bottle. Ah have lots of money."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2gKr8ewD0g

This story makes me this happy:

starting strength coach development program
    Ok, today was a weird day at the gym.

First off, I finally saw someone use Zumba(tm) Toning sticks, aka a rattle. That was only marginally weird.

The really weird part was the trio of curlbros in the gym today. First the standing curls, then the preacher curls, then, well, I don't know how to describe it. First, they did a cable curl, kind of like this:

Then, they had enough of this, and decided to lie down and do curls. So after they did the following, they did this for a bazillion sets:

For the life of me, I still have no idea what they were trying to accomplish by doing that.