starting strength gym
Page 1362 of 2422 FirstFirst ... 3628621262131213521360136113621363136413721412146218622362 ... LastLast
Results 13,611 to 13,620 of 24219

Thread: Joined a new gym last night. Hilarious

Default Joined a new gym last night. Hilarious

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Chebass88 View Post
    I received the following in an email this morning, addressed to all of the members of the Fitness Center (the gym at work).

People are fucking scumbags. There are water fountains in the building, just not in the gym. Bros gotta walk out of the fitness center & down the hall.

I'll be in there this afternoon. I'm looking forward to bogarting all the 45lb plates to deadlift.
    The utilization of 'utilize' stood out to me as much as the content. There is a trend in business communication among those for whom replacing 'use' with 'utilize' isn't stilted, awkward or unclear enough. They take things to the next level by replacing the awful 'utilize' with the transcendentally ridiculous 'leverage.' Not ironically. As in:
    "I leveraged Excel to facilitate this chart."
    All I could think of while reading your post was, " should have used 'leverage a cup'."
    OK, I'm done.
    Last edited by paterfamilias; 02-04-2014 at 01:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by paterfamilias View Post
    The utilization of 'utilize' stood out to me as much as the content. There is a trend in business communication among those for whom replacing 'use' with 'utilize' isn't stilted, awkward or unclear enough. They take things to the next level by replacing the awful 'utilize' with the transcendentally ridiculous 'leverage.' Not ironically. As in:
    All I could think of while reading your post was, " should have used 'leverage a cup'."
    OK, I'm done.
    You should leverage your rage into a memorandum that management can utilize to facilitate better staff implementation. Proactively

Quote Originally Posted by RugbySmartarse View Post
    You should leverage your rage into a memorandum that management can utilize to facilitate better staff implementation. Proactively
    I agree, and often find that it's important to really drill down on these topics and bust some silos, allowing us to think outside of our current paradigm and seek proactive solutions to leveraging our people-assets for greater productivity.

OK, I'm done.
    You forgot to include "at the end of the day".

Quote Originally Posted by ecj View Post
    I agree, and often find that it's important to really drill down on these topics and bust some silos, allowing us to think outside of our current paradigm and seek proactive solutions to leveraging our people-assets for greater productivity.
    Are you in management? This would look great on a powerpoint.

Quote Originally Posted by Chebass88 View Post
    Are you in management? This would look great on a powerpoint.
    We should circle back and re-assess the downstream consequences of a high level presentation of that magnitude. Also six sigma.

Quote Originally Posted by Corrie View Post
    We should circle back and re-assess the downstream consequences of a high level presentation of that magnitude. Also six sigma.
    That sounds great, Corrie. I'll have my secretary follow up with some action items.

Quote Originally Posted by ecj View Post
    Your use of "drill down" and "silo" make me think you know the meaning of "Business Intelligence."

Quote Originally Posted by Root View Post
    That sounds great, Corrie. I'll have my secretary follow up with some action items.
    I'll get my folks efforting on that.

starting strength coach development program
    Your use of "drill down" and "silo" make me think you know the meaning of "Business Intelligence."
    It means that I know the meaning of despair.