starting strength gym
Page 1398 of 2422 FirstFirst ... 3988981298134813881396139713981399140014081448149818982398 ... LastLast
Results 13,971 to 13,980 of 24218

Thread: Joined a new gym last night. Hilarious

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyRed View Post
    That sounds like the bar is beneath the bench though. This guy was dropping a bar onto the bench before letting it rebound up and calling it a row.
    So it sounds like he was one half of a bench/row spotter team and his bench partner couldn't make it.

Quote Originally Posted by Callador View Post
    Fancy belt! :-) Is your gym carpeted?
    They even carpet their toilets in the UK, so a carpeted gym seems par for the course to me.

IPB

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Wolf View Post
    Today, at the same time, one guy had a pair of 25s and 10s on the decline bench, and another guy had a pair of 45s and 25s on the regular bench press...And these douchenozzles specifically went and got the bumper plates, leaving almost none for actual bumper plate necessary activities...
    I was annoyed.
    Don't come to my gym. Ever.
    This happens all the time. People often use 25Kg bumpers for the bench. I've even seen people take a pair of 10Kgs metal plates from a bar, and put on two 10Kg bumpers instead.
    Our full bumper provision is two 25s, two 20s, two 15s and four 10s.

IPB
    Last edited by IlPrincipeBrutto; 03-12-2014 at 07:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by IlPrincipeBrutto View Post
    They even carpet their toilets in the UK, so a carpeted gym seems par for the course to me.

IPB
    Ive never seen a carpeted toilet but once visited a home which had a carpeted kitchen which freaked me out. At least we get to flush toilet paper unlike in a lot of southern europe, where you have to put soiled paper in a bin because their plumbing cannot cope.

For a while in the USA it was common to install long shag carpeting in home bathrooms. Usually they'd have fake-fur toilet-seat covers as well. Insanity.

IPB
    Sounds like a nasty idea to line the floor of the bathroom with a giant sponge.

Dastardly! You make the uk out to be this ass backwards place OR you just disagree because you are one of those types.

I grew up with carpet in my toilet. My mates had it in theirs. I even slept in one once because the floor was warm and cozy!

When we only had one set of bumpers at the gym we had this guy who would always come in and load up all of them for squats even though the irons were on the rack to use. It was always when I needed them. Always.

Even though I work in a massively expensive and upmarket gym I found out that a whole set of bumper plates and eight kettle bells were stolen yesterday!

Quote Originally Posted by cwd View Post
    For a while in the USA it was common to install long shag carpeting in home bathrooms. Usually they'd have fake-fur toilet-seat covers as well. Insanitary.
    Fixed it for you.

IPB

Planet Fitness' newest commercials actually say, "We're not a gym." Thanks, we all already knew that.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Aaron View Post
    Wolf, just wait till you see a bro doing bent-over rows with bumper plates on an ez-curl bar.

Now that's an exercise I'd be happy to call a Pendlay Row.
    HA! I haven't seen that yet. I have seen - several times - one of the 45 bumpers used to add a steeper decline to the decline ab bench. Cause, you know, the decline the manufacturers built into the thing (which is pretty steep) isn't enough to really shred the lower abzzzz.

Don't come to my gym. Ever.
    This happens all the time. People often use 25Kg bumpers for the bench. I've even seen people take a pair of 10Kgs metal plates from a bar, and put on two 10Kg bumpers instead.
    Our full bumper provision is two 25s, two 20s, two 15s and four 10s.

IPB
    Sounds pretty similar. The moral of the story is really that you can get strong even in less than ideal circumstances. Pay the most attention to what you're doing, rather than the shortcomings you have to deal with.

But ideal circumstances, or at least not horribly non-ideal, would be nice.
    Last edited by Michael Wolf; 03-12-2014 at 08:08 AM.