starting strength gym
Page 1414 of 2422 FirstFirst ... 4149141314136414041412141314141415141614241464151419142414 ... LastLast
Results 14,131 to 14,140 of 24218

Thread: Joined a new gym last night. Hilarious

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by JC View Post
    Dr Boxedgloves: or how i learned to stop worrying and open the box
    Now I'll be singing that Depeche Mode song, Strangeglove, all day long. Thanks a lot.

Took forever to find the good squat bar today for intensity squats. not to mention some clown was using the rack i like. with around 95lbs total. hard to say cause he had a spring clip on one end of the bar, and a loose 5lbs collar on the other end. to walk completely out of the rack. and then do calf raises. Like. WTF?!

Today's winner is:

A Personal Trainer brings his client over to the station next to me and announces they are going to do Romanian Dead Lifts.
    This is what he had his client do with 115 lbs. on the bar [35lb plates].
    The bar starts on the floor, one hand is reversed grip. Deadlift it to the upright position, then do a shrug, then do a calf raise. Repeat.

Today’s runner up is a guy doing shrugs with the bar behind his legs. Anyone know what that is called? Who knows it could be a Romanian Dead Lift too.

Quote Originally Posted by Rook View Post
    Today’s runner up is a guy doing shrugs with the bar behind his legs. Anyone know what that is called? Who knows it could be a Romanian Dead Lift too.
    That's an Albanian Deadlift.

I see a guy that deadlifts all te time w the bar behind him

Quote Originally Posted by idlehands View Post
    I have a friend who does. It's a legit left. It hurts him otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by idlehands View Post
    This is the original hack squat.

Quote Originally Posted by blandrick View Post
    Mine would have literally been the worst unboxing ever. Just me swearing at their fucking packaging for 15 minutes and cutting myself open once I finally get the tube open. If it was anything else I would have just sliced the cardboard off the end, but I was afraid of damaging the bar somehow.
    I had the same problem -- also with a bar from Rogue. I ended up grabbing a wood saw and sawing through the cardboard tube (rotating it as I cut through it, so I wasn't trying to cut through the bar). This was very effective -- much more so than the several minutes I spent prying out staples and trying to wedge out the end cap.

Saw a dude using straps for the lat pulldown today. Looked like he was using about 5 of the 20 or so plates on the stack. Not exactly heavy.

Later, I saw him blasting his forearms with some badass wrist curls. Hmmmmm.

starting strength coach development program
    New trainer at the gym came up to me today and offered some advice about my squats. He probably weighs less than me and had his client doing assisted 155 1/3 rep bench presses. I said "sure" and he told me my knees cave and that I need to strengthen my adductors. I was like "thanks, so how much do you squat?"
    He said "225". When I just looked at him he hastily added "15 times".