starting strength gym
Page 1417 of 2422 FirstFirst ... 4179171317136714071415141614171418141914271467151719172417 ... LastLast
Results 14,161 to 14,170 of 24219

Thread: Joined a new gym last night. Hilarious

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by lewabbit View Post
    Hell. I ate just one meal in 24 hours, and at about 22:00 in the night, got the itch and decided to hit the gym. Wife says she thought I'd eaten too little, but that I looked like I had made up my mind.

First set went well enough. Got three reps on the second,took a minute's break and went for the remaining. Couldn't come out of the hole, tried putting it down on the safeties, missed one of them and got crushed.

Fuck.
    Holy crap. So the weight drove your knee into the ground? I assume this was a surgical reconstruction? What's the recovery time?

Jsutt Guest

Quote Originally Posted by tobo View Post
    We had backwards-running drills when I was a on a basketball team. It is not hard to imagine how backwards running would be useful in team sports where you sometimes have to move fast in the opposite direction of where you are looking.
    I believe one of the SAS selection drills is running backwards for a mile up a hill, then immediately sprinting back down again. It's called the 'O run' because apparently the sound you make at the top is quite similar to something or other.

Kukri are tools, used for everything from chopping wood, to preparing food to hammering tent pegs. They're not really weapons, even though they work just fine as one. If they had to draw blood every time they were used, half of Nepal would have died from blood loss by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Murphy View Post
    Years ago there was a guy in Kansas City who ran backwards for MILES. I used to see him on the reg; heard he was from Nigeria. I have a friend who finished the last quarter of the Western States 100 running backwards because he pulled something. There is no quit in that man, and I mean zero.
    The backwards running wasn't really the strange part. It was the boxing gloves that made it odd.

Quote Originally Posted by hollismb View Post
    The backwards running wasn't really the strange part. It was the boxing gloves that made it odd.
    "Naked" in there somewhere would make that post of the year.

Jsutt Guest

Quote Originally Posted by JC View Post
    I heard the SAS drill is to actually improvise a drill from jungle matter and perform a surgery while under live fire, while swimming through lava. I don't want to call bullshit and tell you you're wrong (because i certainly don't know), but how do you know?
    Uh, yeah, that's equally as unrealistic as a difficult run for special forces selection. Two thumbs up for being clever.

this thread is still going

I didn't want to do my workout tonight.
    "I'm tired," I said.
    "Do it," said B.
    "Tomorrow."
    "Tomorrow tomorrah tomorrah. Do it. You don't have to do 42 reps with the squat like you did the other day."
    I did it.
    And I did 42 reps, just to teach me not to be a lazy wuss.
    If I sleep in tomorrow, now my clients will know why.

Long time lurker but first time poster here. Had the usual curl bros in the squat rack with gloves and broonmstick squats on the bosu ball but nothing worth of mention or highly unusual at my 24h gym.

Then, I saw this: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...type=2&theater

At first I tought it was a retarded shrug attempt with Lady Gaga in the background but, then, I wonder if it could be a b***job training session...?
    Last edited by saumon; 03-27-2014 at 12:54 PM.

starting strength coach development program
    so awesome!