starting strength gym
Page 1418 of 2422 FirstFirst ... 4189181318136814081416141714181419142014281468151819182418 ... LastLast
Results 14,171 to 14,180 of 24219

Thread: Joined a new gym last night. Hilarious

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Wow. In his head he was doing shrugs with heavy dumbbells. Here on earth he was doing chicken-dance head bobs and dropping shit on his feet...

Quote Originally Posted by saumon View Post
    Long time lurker but first time poster here. Had the usual curl bros in the squat rack with gloves and broonmstick squats on the bosu ball but nothing worth of mention or highly unusual at my 24h gym.

Then, I saw this: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...type=2&theater

At first I tought it was a retarded shrug attempt with Lady Gaga in the background but, then, I wonder if it could be a b***job training session...?

I'm guessing training two body parts at once. Un-weighted fast-motion neck extensions, and grip training?

aaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhahahahahahaha

laugh, i nearly shat.

looks like a parrot on meth.

thats excellent.

how many sets did he do?

Quote Originally Posted by saumon View Post
    Long time lurker but first time poster here. Had the usual curl bros in the squat rack with gloves and broonmstick squats on the bosu ball but nothing worth of mention or highly unusual at my 24h gym.

Then, I saw this: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...type=2&theater

At first I tought it was a retarded shrug attempt with Lady Gaga in the background but, then, I wonder if it could be a b***job training session...?

This is a bitchin first post.

The Bevis and Buthead vibe is hitting the redline.

Quote Originally Posted by 16bit View Post
    how many sets did he do?
    Did not witnessed in person, or I'd still been there, staring at the DB rack with the mouth wide open, three days later...

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

fark, me too probably.

My gym has a new Crossfit Rig, which is awesome: more places to squat and bumperplates. But now they have moved the power rack way out in the corner where the floor is uneven. So what did they do to fix this? They put a small wooden plank under one of the uprights, so now at least the rack is level...
    Genius.

I saw a woman pull up her shirt today to check her abs in the mirror. Never seen a young lady do that.

Has anyone else seen that?

She wasn’t a Cardio Bunny, more of a Cable Bunny.

She and her lady workout partner pulled on some sort of cable or machine the entire hour I was there. Never touched a barbell or dumbbell.

Saw a bit of a personal training session. Client was a young woman (maybe High School young). The trainer had her doing a sort of front squat/goblet squat hybrid, using one of the fixed-weight curl bars (maybe 20 lbs?) held in front in a very close grip like a goblet squat.

Struck me as odd. The gym has dumbbells from 8 lbs up to 120 lbs, so a goblet squat would have been doable. It also has light straight bars (a 15 lb and a 25-30 lb one) so a proper front squat would have been possible at the same weight.

Has anyone seen this before? (The close grip under the chin on an angular curl bar?) Is it supposed to add instability to the wrists for some reason?

starting strength coach development program
    Rook: no but I wish I did more often

Saw two bro's working out. One teaching the other the squat. They see me with 310 (I'm climbing strength mountain) and the one teaching says he can't even do 300, though he has huge arms.

Then he proceeds to explain the squat and not break parallel. I'm an HBBSer (someone said I could still play here) and I go freaking low. Then he explains feet forward. However, his explanation is that feet out will cause a lack of internal hip rotation while walking/running (??). (He wasn't using that language though)

I don't see how you can teach someone the squat without starting, especially the HBBS which they were doing, without explaining taking a dump in the woods. The worst is they were bending their knees first accidently.

I really wanted to say something to help them out.